“Great place to rest and to eat.”
Review of Wynn Macau

Wynn Macau
Ranked #21 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Sao Paulo
“Great place to rest and to eat.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Macau is a nice city to spend around 2 nights . You can rest after a intercontinental trip from south america to asia , and take time to gamble and also to eat in nice restaurants around the LAS VEGAS style hotels.
At the Wynn if there is a nice weather you can also join the wonderful swimming pool located at the center of the main building.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dkimport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
london
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed one night in July 2012. I loved my room, very spacious, had a huge sunken bath tub and a very large separate shower enclosure. I have to say the duvets they used and the mattress was amazing. I just sank into it and didn't want to get out of bed.

Sleepers, shoe polish, cotton buds, cotton pads all accommodated for.

Great for a few days, as I do think it lacks atmosphere as a Casino hotel, lots of very serious gamblers!! Not the place to gamble, if you just want a laugh!!

One comment I would make is, for the money I paid for the room, they do not provide free internet, which I think they should.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Paradox68
Buckley, Flintshire
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were staying in Hong Kong for 5 days and decided to break up our trip with a day trip to Macau. We decided on the Wynn purely because we had a great experience in Wynn Las Vegas a couple of years ago. I have to say although smaller than its Las Vegas relative, it still maintains all the great facilities and services you would expect, and surpassed our expectations. We booked a Delux Room with lake view, which I would highly recommend. Just to be able to sit by the window and watch those magical foundations over the lake was a great experience.
We took a very early TurboJet from Hong Kong as we wanted to make the most of our day in Macau and we tried to check in the hotel at 8am. We were very surprised that they allowed us such an early check in and allocated our room without hesitation.
We had a beautiful day in Macau, and the weather was glorious. If you are coming from Hong Kong for a day I would highly recommend staying over and wouldn’t bother with a tour operator. It’s a very easy place to navigate around, and all the main sights such as St Pauls are within walking distance of the hotel. I really enjoyed walking round at my own leisure, and wasn’t being driven by your typical tour service. We took a taxi ride approx 15mins from town over to Macau island where other hotels such as venetian, four seasons & hard rock etc are located. This area is quickly developing into the equivalent of the Las Vegas Strip.
Back at the hotel we enjoyed an afternoon at the pool, which was very nicely laid out, and overlooked by the main lobby area. In the evening we dined at Ristorante Il Teatro, and they seated us with stunning views over the lake. We enjoyed the lake shows, whilst tucking into a beautiful three course meal, which was very reasonably priced.
Overall if I ever have to opportunity to visit Macau again I would not hesitate to return to the Wynn; fantastic staff and service coupled by a great hotel, what more could you ask for.

Room Tip: Request a Lake view room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SMillington
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to Wynn Macau as I was going to spend some money on my lovely wife and she mentioned that she would like to go to the Chanel retail shop at Wynn Macau. We went with our two children; 9yo & 4yo. My smallest child was a little tired, so like many fathers, I carried her on my shoulders and the moment we walked in the door of the hotel a very rude and grumpy hotel staff member walked up to us mumbling and pointing at my daughter. It took three attempts to understand what he was saying “Must take daughter off shoulders, very dangerous”. Firstly, I have lived and worked around the Asia-Pacific and the Middle East in the hotel and tourism industry and have never, by any establishment, been told that a child cannot sit on their parents shoulders (as employee or guest). Particularly when they are only 3ft tall. We argued for a few minutes (me in English, my wife in Chinese) to the point I decided to walk out and wait for my wife outside the hotel. Having never experienced such rude service and attitude from a hotel employee, I decided to go back in and get the guys name, ‘MAN’… when I walked up to him, he was still pointing and speaking rudely, he did the same to another western couple as they walked past the Buccleuch Vase display. I then went to the front office to try and get the name and email address of the hotel General Manager. On the way another guy told me very rudely to take my daughter off my shoulders. I must add that there were no pleasantries or professional explanation for me to take my daughter of my shoulders and at this point was stubbornly refusing to take her down. I asked a front office employee if I could please have the name and email address of the hotel General Manager as I would like to send in a complaint and wanted it to be sent to someone who can make a decision. He looked at me completely perplexed and said to me, “no, we don’t”, so I claimed; “so you don’t have a General Manager?” he said: “wait a moment”. He went through to the back office and got another person who came out and still could not answer me directly. He offered a comments survey form for me to fill-in, which I refused to do, then, without saying anything, made a telephone call. By this time, my wife, who was infuriated that a hotel could have staff acting and speaking to guests the way they were wanted to leave. So without any attempt to truly understand a guest, I told the Front Office staff that it’s too hard, I’ll just leave. So I walked out and will NEVER return to a Wynn property.
My wife suggested that I post this on TA to let other people, including (hopefully) the senior management at Wynn Macau know of my experience, which I feel is most likely a common occurrence given the consistency in ‘Man’s’ attitude toward other westerners to learn from our experience. I think it’s a pity that the GM seems to hide behind his staff. It would have saved them from having this post on TA. Furthermore, I’ve not worked or visited a hotel that a complaining guest could not get the contact details of the GM or have a decision maker assist with the issue to resolve it before they depart the property.
It baffles me that front-line employees, who are so vital to a hotels success are so often the last to be trained and taught how to truly communicate and deliver five star standards of service. In 20 years of hospitality and tourism management experience with a broad range of hotels and resorts I have never experienced such a bad example of ‘customer service’. Another great story to tell staff and students! Now we’ll take a weekend trip to Hong Kong and stay at the Mandarin Oriental; of course, for my wife to visit Chanel…

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Granto2005
Bangkok
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Wynn has my favorite casino in all of Macau. It's clean, new, wide, quiet, luxurious, and has great ventilation system; so that's great news for non-smoker like me. Most casinos in macau are filled with cigarette smog and noisy with annoying repetitive music. I've won chips here, so it's proven fair. That room rates are quite high but it's worth it's value. Lots of mainland Chinese tourists crowd the floor and plaza. But so does every hotel in Macau. The location is great. Ten minute walk to Sendora square. Also next to other fancy casinos. Closed to Macau ferry, so it's easy to ride to go to Hong Kong. Hotel should offer some room promotions, but highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't forget to request for non-smoking rooms if you prefer.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank antidoter
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have recently stayed one night at Wynn Macau so my feedback here can only be short and concrete.

- Reception Check In: They were very kind and fast. Welcoming you and trying to make you feel well treated. They send a staff person to get me settle with my traveling bag.

- Room: I stayed on a Grand Deluxe room at the regular building. Size was large, bathroom was very nice and spacious as well. The furniture was a bit whatever, and it really really smelled like smoke, even tough I was in a non-smoking room.

- Casino/Mall: As I previously pointed out I was only for 24 hours in Macau but I still wanted to visit few Hotel-Casinos so I headed over to some other properties and I found the Wynn to be the best one, the shopping mall is just as good as it can get, having just the big brands.

- Worst would be guests´s rudeness:

Perhaps if Hotel required a bit of well behaving and etiquette inside of the casino such as, forbid to spit on the floor or bin´s, to not scream and forbid cellphone use in all areas etc.. it will make guests from other places not Mainland China feel more comfortable.

Room Tip: I heard Encore Tower is better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alkatrunk
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Recently spent a week in Macau and elected to stay at the Wynn and am so glad we chose this resort over many others. Centrally located within walking distance to many local attractions and shops. We managed to secure an upgrade to a beautiful suite on the 22nd floor, immaculately presented room, faultless is the only way to describe it. Dined in house 3 times and was not let down at all, excellent staff who were able to assist with anything at a minutes notice. Lovely pool area with an awesome day spa. Will have no hesitations what so ever about returning to this resort

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple