Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Priceline$121
Travelocity$130
getaroom.com$112
Destinia.com$108
All reviews department store ferry terminal senado square macau tower family room free shuttle within walking distance food court convenient location smoking room hong kong short stay tourist attractions visit macau breakfast buffet noodles hotel guests
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Location is great!! The room was nice; decent size but no bathtub. I don't think they changed the sheets after my first night staying there. The person who checked us in was very helpful and very instructional; however, the rest of the other staffs were the rudest ppl I ever seen in the service industry:
I was sitting in the lobby waiting for my sister, i saw the guy next to me had one of his leg rested on the arm rest of the seat. As i was thinking this is very inappropriate, i saw a manager walked toward him. I immediately thought if i was the manager, i would probably said something like this excuse me sir, can you please put your leg back down for the comfort of the surrounding hotel guests. To my surprise, the manager came and asked him with a very impolite tone "What are you doing"( this is exactly what he said in chinese). As a witness of this incident, I was speechless after I heard what the manager had said.

For some reason, I feel like every move I made in the lobby were being monitored by the managers who were just standing there.
The staffs were just generally rude
when I asked them questions; is like they don't want me to be there. They do not have any smiles at all whatsoever; hard to approach them and ask them question.

We were told by their bus driver to get off at a wrong destination after we had ask him twice if this is the right place to get off. Ended up, we had to ride another hotel bus to get to our destination. Luckily the staffs from the other hotel were nice enough to let us get on or out we would probably have to pay 160MOP to get on a taxi to get to our destination.

Overall hotel itself is good but they really need to retrain the staffs on how to talk and treat their customers.

Date of stay: December 2012
3  Thank Catwoman3713
GrandEmperor, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Emperor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

In respond to the comment posted on December 29, 2012 regarding Grand Emperor Hotel, we have the following findings:
1. Guest believes that his bed sheets were not changed after his first night’s stay;
Action: Being a green hotel member of Macau Environmental Protection Bureau, a tentcard is placed on top of the bed for the guest to advise Housekeeping in changing the bed sheet as necessary is entirely up to the guest desire.

2. Guest stated that one of our managers stationing at the lobby was rude and talked inappropriately while trying to advise a guest to sit in a proper position;
Action: From the review of our CCTV, hotel staff was simply requesting the guest to properly sit in the public. In fact the request was directed to the complainant in the first place.

3. Our shuttle bus driver had informed guest to get off at a wrong stop after he had asked the driver twice for confirmation.
Action: a) We don’t have the information exactly what happened including the place, day & time.
b) Even though we have checked with the staff that we have no record to handle and no similar incident had occurred.

In this regard, on January 4, 2013, we have sent a private email to the guest who commented in order to obtain more details of the issue for further comprehensive investigation until now.

We remain.

Best Regards,
Vincent Yeung
Executive Assistant Manager - Guest Service Rooms Division

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed on the 19th floor in a executive room, very nice, confortable bed, with luxury amenities, and always a nice touch of fresh fruit or freshly baked biscuits before bedtime.
Wherever we walked throughout the hotel we faced confort, cleanliness, and not at all cigarette smell.
We also enjoyed our breakfast with great choices of Western and Asian food.
Central located, close to the main attractions.
Overall we were very satisfied and pleased with our stay.
We give our thanks to the great team of employess of this hotel.
We highly recommended this hotel, and I would certainly stay there again.

Room tip: We stayed on the 19th floor excecutive room and we loved it.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank mysave
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel was absolutely fabulously. First impression and lasting empression, staff very helpful. Modern decor from entrance to rooms. Spacious clean and very modern outlook. Huge breakfasts from traditional to western influences. Tariffs were value for money as well.

Room tip: I didn't use the swimming pool or spa, so no comment.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My work associate and I made a spur of the moment trip to Macau after a long and tedious work project in Hong Kong. We scanned the tripadvisor reviews and based our choice tor this hotel soley upon the tripadvisor reviews made this a good choice. It didn't hurt that the hotel is centrally located, or the fact that we were able to score a bargain rate at the last minute. We were even more enthused when we upgrade to an Executive level room at checkin, and actually stepped foot inside the room. We had only been hoping for a clean room with somewhat comfortable beds, but to our surprise it was a large room that was spotlessly clean, had a good view, and was stocked with features and amenities that bordered on luxurious, even approaching five star quality. The room was also free from the lingering stench of cigarette smoke that is commonplace in Asia's "nonsmoking" hotel accomodations. The hotel's casino is spread out on several floors, with segregated space for slots, table games and high stake, big roller lounges, although we spent most of our time at other nearby casinos that were within walking distance. Food at the onsite restaurants is good, and there are other restaurants off site that are easily within walking distance. Overall, I give this hotel high marks, and would not hesitate to recommend it to others. I hope to stay again here soon wihen I return to Hong Kong.

Room tip: Spend the extra money for an Executive room located on the hotel's upper floors 19th-23rd.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Donbassero
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Our booking via travel agent was upgraded from deluxe to executive room on level 19. Room size was smaller than deluxe on nonsmoking level 17 but we got a bath whereas larger room had no bath. If u want nonsmoking you hv to tell them at check in. Renovations going on at level 14 but noise at level 19 bearable. Overall room facilities are tops. My husband fell sick within a few hours of check in. The guest services staff from the bellhop to manager provided excellent assistance in organising ambulance through to picking us up for the return trip back to hospital and buying medication or us. Nothing was too much trouble. A big thank you to everyone involved. Buffet breakfast was very good. Great hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel.

Room tip: If u strictly want nonsmoking, request at checkin. If you are not fussed about a bath go for deluxe room on lvl 17 for more room space.
Date of stay: June 2012