Grand Emperor Hotel
$76
$70
Trip.com
Hotel Royal Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$99
$144
$111
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Lapa Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$98
Priceline
$124
$106
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$78
  • Pool
All reviewsgold barsroyal guardsdepartment storeferry terminalnon smoking floorlobby floorsenado squarewithin easy walking distancehong kongcentral locationmacau towerfood courtfamily roomfree shuttlereception staffsmoking roomvisit macau
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2012

When we stepped out of the tour bus, we were impressed by the presence of two "Queen's Guards" by the entrance of the hotel. Upon entering, equally fascinating are the gold bars embedded on the lobby floor. The reception staff who assisted us was warm and accommodating. However, I wish to give this caveat: don't attempt to sit around the Lobby Lounge if you're not ordering. While waiting for our tour guide to arrive, we attempted to seek refuge in the Lobby Lounge, which was still closed then, but a rude, elderly security staff shooed us away. Albeit the lobby was comfortably spacious and opulent, hotel guests waiting at the lobby have to grapple with the limited seats available: a couch and 4 armchairs. This becomes even more challenging when busloads of mainland Chinese gamblers shove in. The hotel is currently renovating rooms on the 15th floor, noise is expected from 11 am - 7 pm, as politely advised. The room is modern, spacious, and boasts of deluxe furnishings, giving it a five-star impression. However, there is one thing that I didn't like about the room: notwithstanding the ample lighting, the room and bathroom were gloomy due to the generous application of dark colors (justifiable since they want the rooms to look elegant). Another caveat: some staff can't speak and understand English well. Ordered spaghetti bolognese via room service on our first night, but another pasta arrived. When we complained, the room service supervisor informed us that the kitchen was already closed and since we cannot cancel the order, she advised us that it's either we consume what had been delivered or just wait for the spaghetti bolognese the following day! Dismayed by such insensitive remark (I felt my blood pressure going up), we complained to the Assistant Manager, who was apologetic and allowed the order to be cancelled (we want the spaghetti now and not tomorrow!). Buffet breakfast provides an array of Western and Chinese entrees.

The hotel's location is another factor to consider. The New Yaohan Department Store is just next door, which houses a supermarket and a food court on the top floors. The free shuttle bus service to and from the City of Dreams (House of Dancing Water) is just across the street (Hotel Sintra). The Senado Square is just a 10-minute walk from the hotel.

Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 18th floor and up for less construction noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mga_law
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I went to the cafe, where my sister and mother accompanied me. I ordered tea, while my sister ordered a cake.

The waitress insisted that my mother order something, which she did not feel like. The waittress said that it would take 40HKD to sit in the cafe, when it was not written anywhere. I see from other trip advisor reviews that it is a recurrent problem, and that cafe is known for behaving in this weird manner.

It is not my problem if they want to have a minimum charge. but then put it in writing. you cannot make up rules as you see people coming in. Horrible, horrible experience.

Room Tip: if you can avoid this place, avoid.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank The_road_house
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We have just returned home after staying at the Grand Emperor for 4 nights. We stayed on the 17th Floor in a deluxe room. Very nicely appointed and a good size. We cannot speak highly enough of the excellent and friendly service we received from all staff members with whom we had contact - from the reception,to Annie Hu customer liaison, concierge, information staff and the dining room staff. The buffet breakfast was wonderful with an excellent choice and dishes constantly replenished. The hotel is very well situated to enjoy all of Macau's heritage sites as well as an easy walk to several casinos and shops. The hotel's shuttle bus service is marvellous and free for hotel guests. We highly recommend the hotel to any traveller and would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the 17th non smoking floor for a front entrance facing room
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tropiglo
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Only had 2nights in the hotel before going to hong kong.
The hotel even though not the most lavish, the room was fantastic.
There was ample room with a great lounge area comfortable king size bed and
More than ample bathroom.
The breakfast buffet was sensational with very helpful and friendly staff thanks to kent and moon for making our stay so wonderful.
The hotel is central to the other hotels with the city of dreams bus across the road at the Sintra which takes you on across the bridge to even more casinos.
The friendly staff Annie who assisted us with traveling tips and shopping ideas was great she was always smiling and full of information.
I would recommend this hotel for either a short or longer stay

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Johnno1960
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have just come back from Macua. We stayed at the Grand Emporer for 5 nights. Our room was lovely, we stayed on the Executive Floor. the staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially the Executive floor reception staff, they couldnt be more helpful.
We went to there Casino (which is very small)!) we are not huge gamblers but thought we would give it a go. I was playing a poker machine and my husband went off to get us both a drink!! he finally came back after about 1/2 an hour, the bar staff, if thats what you call them cannot speak a word of English and he said he practical made the drink himself!! They had no coke, no orange juice not much of anything!! I think if they want to cater to Westeners then they need a few people who speak English.....and have a few more drinks in the bar!
The hotel is in a great spot, we could walk to most things or catch a courtesy bus to anywhere!
One thing I didnt like was there wasnt a pool!!
I would recommend this Hotel to friends.

Room Tip: the excutive floor rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple