“Cute pousada!”
Review of Pousada de Mong-Ha

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Macau
Pousada de Mong-Ha
Ranked #20 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Asia
“Cute pousada!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I am so glad we decided to stay here. The room was excellent, breakfast very good, nice service and location on top of the hill is really was not an issue. This hotel provides you with everything you may need in your room, and anything you do not have, they will assist you with. It is easy to take the bus everywhere, distances are short. We only stayed for 1 night, I would have really wanted to stay longer, it was so comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JQ2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband, infant daughter, and I recently stayed at Pousada de Mong-Ha and were extremely impressed with the service. The staff were very willing to help carry bags, etc but not in a way that was pushy or obnoxious. In fact, they were extremely professional and interested in helping. When we tried to offer a tip to the porter he mentioned that they did not accept tips but that group donations are happily accepted. The Pousada is not in the historic district, but I thought it was great to be in a less touristy area. There are many buses to catch just at the base of the hill and they make for a fun experience in and of themselves. In fact, my daughter made friends with a couple of bus goers by the time we got to our destination. The staff at the Pousada were also very helpful with our daughter. They had a crib ready upon our arrival and were very helpful with our bags when we arrived and departed. The Pousada is great and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank oumou_diarra
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in deluxe room. I really liked the room which was very spacious. The only thing didn't like was the moldish smell. Our room was on the first floor so I guess they might have some slight problems due to the humidity. I also didn't quite know how to use the massage shower, it was a bit useless. I think they should consider investing on rainfall showers. The room had nice and interesting decorations.

The thing I liked at the hotel was the service. The students were so cute and helpful. there, you didn't face fake smiles for money. The students did their best to make your stay best. The service at the breakfast hall was also superb. Because of the service, I would really love to stay at this place again.

I guess this place would be perfect if you are planning to stay at macao for a longer period or if you already know how to use the transportation. As I was staying only for 2 nights and it was my first visit to macao, the hotel's location was a bit problem. The hotel was a bit far from the attractions and the taxi drivers didn't seem to know it. However, it was pretty easy to travel by local bus to the more central locations. If you wish to visit some of the casinos you can also use the free casino shuttle buses which have stops in several locations such as the ferry terminal or border gate. Remember to use the buses for visitors and if using the bus remember to first enter to the selected casino ;)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Finngirll
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon last January. I have to say after staying in this hotel, I couldn't be contented with other hotels unless they can match Pousada! For the price I have to pay for our stay, I would say everything is surely worth every penny!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank gothikaj
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 29, 2012

A classy boutique hotel with 5 stars service, quality, cleanliness, value and friendliness. Oh, by the way, it managed by students.

The breakfast and dinner were superb. Go early for breakfast and get a table under the arches. Then sip your freshly brewed coffee and you contemplate your travel plans while gazing at the greenery below you. Dab your lips to remove with the fine linen napkin. You get the idea.

For dinner, go to the Educational Restaurant, and order the Tasting Menu for 2 people. Super food quality and value for money. The steak itself is worth the cost of the dinner.

The big hotels along COTAI are spectacular. But if you need calmness, serenity and away from it all, go to the hills, go to the Pousada.

Peng Soon, June 2012

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank PengSoon
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 25, 2012

this is my third trip and people ask me why i choose a hotel off the track without a pool, i just say 'try it for yourself'
This is a retreat. if you need to unwind, come in. Friendly service from willing staff at a very reasonable price.My wife and I always take the suite and eel at home here

Room Tip: book a suite, you will not regret it
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Johnsnelgrove
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed June 24, 2012

All the other reviews have raved about the wonderful service you get from this hotel, which I will attest to. The students really go out of their way to help you and make your stay problem-free. I loved the free cookie in the room (it was yummy!) and the choice of either soft, medium or firm pillow. Book early though, since they're often fully booked months in advance. Fortunately for us, we traveled from Wed to Saturday so we were still able to book a deluxe room last March (stayed here June). I booked via their website, and was in touch with them via email (all emails are promptly replied to) prior to my arrival.

During the check-in, they asked for a deposit to cover incidentals, which was charged to the card, but it was promptly returned to my card after a week following check-out. Didn't have any problems, unlike my previous stay in another hotel in Macau, wherein I had to wait for a refund for about two months!

The breakfast was good, the green tea muffin is a must-try. They had a shuttle for outbound trips only (3 trips per day), we took a cab back to the hotel after seeing the sights. The hotel is a little bit far from most tourist spots, and finding a taxi to take us back to the hotel during the afternoon rush hour was a challenge.

I had a very quiet and relaxing stay and will definitely stay at this hotel again the next time I'm in Macau!

Room Tip: Get a deluxe! For only 100 MOP more, you get a much bigger room and a better bathroom!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family