“room is good,service is good, but the location are not that good”
Review of Metropark Hotel

Metropark Hotel
Ranked #49 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Well, first of all, Macau had no really budgeted hotel can be found. So I have try my best to find the best price for me and I chose Metropark hotel which the price still fair and considerable. But the location is not really a good deal whereby most of the shops around are probably the loan agency, and food are not really many choices. The tip here to find is to walk farer abit and look into some small lane whereby the good food you can find.
Honestly, I'm not gambler so I found out this place is not really suitable for me to stay in,
so this comment is for not gambler. I will suggest to stay in Taipa or Coloane if you want to have more sightseeing. Macau is covered with the casino and it's quite far to walk to each hotels if you want to visit those casinos.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ahiong

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Good location, just 10 minutes walking to go to largo do senado. Rooms are clean and quite, and it reflects the policy of the hotel in order to guarantee "a place of serenity". The biggest fault of Metropark is that the staff doesn't speak english, and everytime I tried to ask a simple information I spent half hour of my life.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Easy to locate hotel, reception efficient and friendly to check in and out... Not so in many China hotels. The room was clean and very comfortable bed. Free wifi I asked for a high floor and was given, it seemed busy when I was there, just this week, but the room was quiet. Good sleep quality

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Greg E
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Metropark Hotel is conveniently located very close to the Grand Lisboa Casino and is within walking distance to Macau's Attraction Places like Senado Square, Ruins of St Paul's Cathedral, Mandarin’s House etc. We arrived at the Hotel early and after checking-in at the Hotel's Reception Counter, we left our luggage with the porter at the holding area and went to have our lunch at the nearby Chan Kong Kei Restaurant which serves very tasty Black Pepper Roast Duck. We also had some Portuguese Egg Tarts at Margaret's Cafe @ Nata which is located next to the Restaurant before returning to the Metropark Hotel. The Hotel Staff are very helpful and friendly and the hotel room is very spacious and neat. Metropark Hotel provides a free shuttle bus service to and from the Ferry Terminal whereby you can hop on to the Free Shuttle Bus Service provided by the Casinos. My two nights stay at the Metropark Hotel on the 13th & 14th Dec 2012 is very pleasant and wouldn't mind staying at the Metropark Hotel on my return visit to Macau. Advance booking through internet before travel can have better room rate.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TonyTay8
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a very average hotel. Specially if you are going on a big occassion like a new years eve or a personal celebration, this is not the place to be. Though its quite silent and somber compared to the glamour and blitz of macau as such, yet it doesnt really appeal much.
If you are going to macau and wanting to stay in a secluded hotel,then this is a place to be.
No casino,no nightlife... Location is ok, Next to the Wynn hotel & casino and also decent food options near the MGM.
Hotel rooms are dated and the restaurant is just a passe.
Definitely not worth $200 a night,which we were charged.
Would not return again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I booked this hotel at last minute and at first I was a little unsure about my choose but was one of the best things that I had done on this trip. I asked for a King size bed and they upgrade me to a suite so that was a nice perk, the hotel has a shuttle from the ferry station so you dont need to take a taxi and also is very kids friendly because dont have casino or nightclub on property, at check in was fast and friendly. the bathroom has a lot of amenities so if you need a comb or a dental kit for sure you can get it.

The only thing that I didnt liked about this place is the location for my taste next time I will stay at one of the hotels of city of dreams and also they dont have free internet you need to pay for this service and that was a problem for me

The hotel itself is very quiet so im sure that you are going to sleep like a baby. They dont have shuttle to the airport so if you need to go there is better to take the shuttle to the ferry station and then a taxi or if you want to save more you can board a free shuttle from the station to hard rock hotel and the airport it is around the corner

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank beachguy
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Hotel Metropark is a very nice 4 star hotel, close to Macau city center. The hotel itself is a cozy property thats Chinese at its core. It was expensive but we booked from Hongkongmacautours.com directly which offer good rates for most Hkng/Macau hotels sightseeing & stay packages .It saved us some money which was to be burnt later in Casinos :P

It's is in a unique, kind of cool authentic area of a old chinatown, at night its kind of old school cool. Its a short walk to the main historic areas, the Grand Lisboa, or a the Wynn/MGM.
My room was fine - it was large, comfortable and clean (but rather dated) and was absolutely fine for the 2 nights we stayed.

Some things to note-
1. There are smoking/Non-smoking floors, so you need to mention it explicitly while booking a room.
2. No casino here, which is why a lot of families stay there.Communication for me, as one who spoke only
3. There is free internet in lobby with 5 MACs.
4. If you are an outsider, McDonalds is at a 10minutes walk towards Casino Lisboa.
The gym/pool looked fine, they have a sauna too. The staff is attentive aims to impress. The breakfast is fantastic! we stayed for 2 nights but we had a different set of buffet breakfast each day unlike other hotels that serves the same breakfast everyday.

English, was difficult - except at the check-in counters where everyone spoke excellent English. The problem arose only in talking to the room-service, which was not so good.

Macau is very small, one more tip i would offer is just study the maps and the places you would like to visit. All in all, if you're looking for a place to hv fun and wouldn't mind hard beds, Metropark would be the best value for your money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple