Lowest prices for your stay
$35
$21
Booking.com$26
Priceline$35
Destinia.com$39
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I booked this hotel at last minute and at first I was a little unsure about my choose but was one of the best things that I had done on this trip. I asked for a King size bed and they upgrade me to a suite so that was a nice perk, the hotel has a shuttle from the ferry station so you dont need to take a taxi and also is very kids friendly because dont have casino or nightclub on property, at check in was fast and friendly. the bathroom has a lot of amenities so if you need a comb or a dental kit for sure you can get it.

The only thing that I didnt liked about this place is the location for my taste next time I will stay at one of the hotels of city of dreams and also they dont have free internet you need to pay for this service and that was a problem for me

The hotel itself is very quiet so im sure that you are going to sleep like a baby. They dont have shuttle to the airport so if you need to go there is better to take the shuttle to the ferry station and then a taxi or if you want to save more you can board a free shuttle from the station to hard rock hotel and the airport it is around the corner

3  Thank beachguy
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Hotel Metropark is a very nice 4 star hotel, close to Macau city center. The hotel itself is a cozy property thats Chinese at its core. It was expensive but we booked from Hongkongmacautours.com directly which offer good rates for most Hkng/Macau hotels sightseeing & stay packages .It saved us some money which was to be burnt later in Casinos :P

It's is in a unique, kind of cool authentic area of a old chinatown, at night its kind of old school cool. Its a short walk to the main historic areas, the Grand Lisboa, or a the Wynn/MGM.
My room was fine - it was large, comfortable and clean (but rather dated) and was absolutely fine for the 2 nights we stayed.

Some things to note-
1. There are smoking/Non-smoking floors, so you need to mention it explicitly while booking a room.
2. No casino here, which is why a lot of families stay there.Communication for me, as one who spoke only
3. There is free internet in lobby with 5 MACs.
4. If you are an outsider, McDonalds is at a 10minutes walk towards Casino Lisboa.
The gym/pool looked fine, they have a sauna too. The staff is attentive aims to impress. The breakfast is fantastic! we stayed for 2 nights but we had a different set of buffet breakfast each day unlike other hotels that serves the same breakfast everyday.

English, was difficult - except at the check-in counters where everyone spoke excellent English. The problem arose only in talking to the room-service, which was not so good.

Macau is very small, one more tip i would offer is just study the maps and the places you would like to visit. All in all, if you're looking for a place to hv fun and wouldn't mind hard beds, Metropark would be the best value for your money.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ambika B
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is an older hotel that has been remodeled. Location is convenient to the main tourist destinations on peninsular Macau.

Had major issues with internet. There is no wireless anywhere in the hotel. I knew that in advance and didn't think it would be a deal breaker since I can use an ethernet cable if necessary. But to my surprise, my room also had no ethernet port.

I called the desk and the conversation was disturbing.

"I can't find the internet in my room."
"Room number please."
"1234."
"Oh, that room doesn't have internet, but you can use one of the machines in the lobby."
"Do some other rooms have internet? I can use ethernet. It doesn't have to be wi-fi."
"Sorry. Use the machines in the lobby."

I went to the desk to try to sort this out face to face and a manager eventually gave me a different room which did have a wall port for wired internet. Using it requires purchase of a password card for 120 MOP per 24 hours. That's not unusual in the older downtown hotels. Perhaps the failure of my first attempt at a solution was a language problem, but I don't think so.

The moral is to inquire about internet when you are checking in if it matters to you.

Otherwise, the hotel was OK; nothing less and nothing more. I was here on a weekend and paid about 1,000 HKD per night. Furnishings were old, but adequately maintained. To their credit, I did get a non-smoking room when I asked for one. Breakfast was adequate and reasonably priced.

Tried to book a massage in the spa, but they had no availability until much later. That was not a difficult issue to solve, since there are so many other spas and saunas nearby.

View from my window was a neighboring high rise building. Macau peninsula is very densely populated, so this is not unusual and isn't something the hotel can control. If view is an important part of your "hotel experience" you can do better on the Cotai Strip, as well as out on Taipa or Coloane.

One other aspect of this being an elderly property is that there is no temperature control on the A/C in the room. You can make the fan go faster or slower, but you can't make the air cooler or warmer.

This establishment is in about the same class as Beverly Plaza and the old Holiday Inn. Would I stay here again? Probably not unless the rate were steeply discounted.

Date of stay: December 2012
3  Thank ZhongguoKM
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It's a little bit out of the centre, but only a 10 minute walk away to Casino Lisboa, Grand Lisboa etc. The hotel is old and showing its age, but is a decent option when rooms are discounted. Breakfast was just ok, and the staff weren't overly friendly, but it was ok. The major disappointment was no wifi anywhere in the hotel - free internet computers in the lobby just aren't quite the same!!

1  Thank urbantaz
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Situated in the middle of the city the hotel is good for its food and facilities. A very cooperative staff ready to help in all respect. Almost all Casino;s are nearby and supermarket is at arms length. Hotel Transport is reasonably priced and if one is planning to go to Venetian its free.
Hotel breakfast is excellent and value for money ie about HK$ 80 pp.
Hotel rooms are spacious and room service is good.

• Trip type: Traveled with family