“Highly recommended, large rooms, free wireless internet, good food, good service”
Review of The Landmark Macau

The Landmark Macau
Ranked #36 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I highly recommend this hotel. Stayed for a week. Very large room, reasonably priced, good food, good staff, free wireless internet.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed three days in this hotel. The overall services is OK but something really unacceptable. On the last day's morning I went to the restaurant for the breakfast. The restaurant is only half full but I was asked to share a table. I asked why I need to share a table with someonne the waiter seens didn't understand my concern. I talked to the manager and gave me a table. Then in the middle of my breakfast, the same waiter asked a guest to seat in my table. There was many empty tables I really don't know why I still need to share a table. This was the first time I was asked to share a table in a five stars hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank skywalkerinbc
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I think the Landmark is a great hotel except for the fact that it is hard to get a taxi.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2010

The hotel offered a great package if you staying 2-night. We were upgraded to the noble club floor when checking in. The room is very large with deluxe decoration. But it seems the bathroom is too large. But who cares?
Mini-bar and internet are free. We can even go to the noble lounge in the evening time. The lounge just offers drink and some snacks. But anyway, quite relaxing!
Checked with the staff that the cafe in the 1st floor was fully occupied by mainland people. We decided to have our breakfast in the lounge, which is pretty quiet!
The location is okay. You can go to Lisboa, Wynn and MGM with just a few mins walk.
There is shuttle bus to Fisherman village and pier, but a bit chaotic.
One point we wanted to complain is there is a sharp edge in the refrigerator cupboard which hurt my partner's hand. When I called housekeeping to request first-aid kit, he refused to supply because they do not supply!! I had to point out the wound was caused by room's furniture and they eventually sent a staff to check but it took 15mins for them to bring the first-aid kit to the room. I believe this can be improved.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Recently had a few days in Macau,decided to stay at The landmark because from what I could gather it was in a convenient part of the city.This is true, it's very well located,and it's priced well.You need to take a cut lunch and your hiking boots to get to your room though.You enter the foyer on the ground level greeted by everyone wearing surgical masks,(Doormen,Hotel reception)it's very offputting seeing these beedy eyes stare at you without seeing any facial expression.Take the lift to the 6th floor foyer and more security wearing masks to greet you .Go to the bar on top floor, more masks,go to the restuarant, more masks.I found out later that it was company policy for the entire hotel staff to wear masks.
Anyway the rooms and service are exceptable,the hotel is a bizaar design,the restuarants are very average and I think next time i visit Macau my "hard earned "will go to another hotel

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Having travelling to Macau numerous times, I'm aware that this hotel is pretty affordable for the furnishing, qutie good experience on both

The check-in process is pretty fast, but you'll have to be aware that they're pretty strict about 2pm check-in(and 11am check out, especially on peak periods).

One weird thing you'd have to take note: their rooms are small, but have a very very large toilet in contrast, they can afford to have a bathtub and a shower, even 2 sinks!

In terms of breakfast, you'd not expect anything (the same as many other local run hotels) there're much better food outside at affordable prices.

What I like about this hotel is location, it's very near to the jetty and accessable to major places of interest within Macau, also there's a major bus stop (near Hotel Lisboa) where you can travel to anywhere in Macau.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple