“Loved the Bed”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Macau
Beijing Wangfu Hotel
Ranked #88 of 95 Hotels in Macau
UK Derbyshire
“Loved the Bed”
Reviewed January 20, 2007

Getting to the hotel was a problem from Macau airport no taxi driver would take me solved the problem the Macau Tourist office wrote the name of the hotel in Chinese Characters for me a short while later arrived . Hotel reception was efficient and went up to my room .
Large room overlooking the bridge, and sea. the bed was huge in fact if there was such a thing it could have been called a family bed. Bathroom also good and very clean.
It is a Casino hotel so is geared up for Mainland visitors for this venue..
Room service OK food reasonable both for dinner and breakfast
Only problems, hot water kettle in room but nothing to make tea or coffe and nothing to drink it from either and TV mostly in Chinese. the hotel is isolated and so no nearby bars or cafe to use .
tip the hotel offeres free shuttle bus service to Ferry Terminal, for the Ferry TO MAINLAND China, take advantage of this if you are traveling to Honk Kong and need the Jetfoil Terminal at the terminal cross to the Taxi rank and take taxi to ferry terminal about 25 MOP but dont forget to ask either hotel or tourist office to write down your destination in Chinese Character.

Stayed December 2006
2 Thank johnxp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong
Reviewed November 7, 2006

We went to Macau on the spur of the moment and booked this hotel at the Hong Kong Macau ferry terminal. We like to stay on Taipa, usually at the Hyatt Regency because of the pool. As it is no longer a Hyatt hotel we decided to try New Century Hotel which we were told also had a pool. On arrival we discovered it was closed for renovations. The key cards to the rooms we were allocated on the 3rd floor did not work and it turned out the rooms were already occupied! I complained at the customer service counter and also about not being told the pool was closed and she was very apologetic. We were upgraded to a harbourview room on the 13th floor and escorted there by a member of staff. The room was no worse than what we usually stay in in Macau but the walls were thin and I was woken by constant slamming of doors and loud voices all night.
The staff were not rude and their English o.k but the bellboy sent our taxi driver to the wrong location. After a night out in Macau we wanted a nightcap at the hotel bar but the one we were directed to wasn't suitable for the mother in law and there was nowhere else we could get a drink. Breakfast was only until 9.30am which we missed. I think this hotel caters more to the mainland package tour groups and next time we're going back to the Regency.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't beleive the pictures in the brochures
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank hktor

Travelers are raving about these Macau hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2006

Myself and a friend stayed at the New Century hotel during our 'round the world' trip. Being students on a budget we thought we had bagged ourselves a great deal! We were so wrong!
On arrival the hotel look’s shabby but ok, the grand entrance hall was tacky but I suppose the style of decor is not something to badly affect your stay. The front office staff were very rude and claimed they had no record of our booking. After a bit of an argument they gave us a room in the back of the hotel. (Obviously the rooms they sell to Orbitz etc for a budget price) The room had an unbearable stench. We couldn’t understand what this might be. My friend lay on the uncomfortable bed and looked at the ceiling. There were three cockroaches in view and we also found another three in the bathroom. So, off I went to the reception. Suddenly none of the staff could speak English anymore. Eventually after another argument we moved rooms. After moving rooms 3 times we eventually found a room without cockroaches. The television didn’t work. The maintenance man appeared and confirmed that "no TV, no TV". By this point I was sick of arguing with the hotel staff so we decided to go for a swim in the hotels, apparently wondrous spa. When we got down stairs there was a sign to stay that almost all of the facilities (spa, business centre, 5 out of 7 restaurants etc.) were all closed for refurbishment. I approached the front desk and they claim they informed all of the companies that sell their rooms of the refurbishment. Yet all of those companies are still selling the hotels rooms with full facility listings. Who’s lying!? The food in the restaurant was very poor and overpriced. I caught a glimpse of the kitchen and it was disgusting to the point were I immediately stopped eating the meal and we left. I asked the front office manager when the daily show began and where it was. He told us and said there would be no need for tickets for the show that night. The show was scheduled to begin at 1am so we sat in the bar from 11pm then headed up about 0045. There was nobody sitting but we thought that we might be a little early. Eventually a stage hand appeared and asked us what we were doing, I said that we were there to see the show and he explained that the shows had been cancelled for weeks because of the refurbishment. Yet another argument with the reception staff. We got an apology from the general manager but he refused to reduce the bill any. Overall a very poor hotel! Avoid if possible! I hope that you find a good hotel in Macau and enjoy your stay!

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — dont go
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank simon0654
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 18, 2006

It was a nice Hotel. Purchased 2 nights stay at the recommendation of the travel desks at the Macau Ferry terminals (Fortuna was sold out). Fortunately for me, the room was very spacious and well manicured. Mini bar was well stocked. TV remote worked. Double beds were soft enough for westerners although I had to use two bed covers as cushions. AC was good. Free buses were very nice, one left even half full. The Vegas-style shows at the top of every hour were very entertaining. I won 400HKD at BJ table.
NIce hotel although I spend most of my time in Macau. Paid 1100 for fri-sat during Labor week. Prices dropped to 350 on Sunday. LOL.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 7, 2006

We are Australian, have stayed in many types of hotels especially in Asia and are usually quite easy going and accepting over different hotel standards and limitations. But the New Century was a different story altogether.
This hotel was part of a package with a decent airline and it what was advertised as peak season and 5 star.
7 nights and return flights for less than 600USD
It looks like something from a an Ancient Greek movie.
Great statues of Neptune, fish, greek maids, fake marble all over the place in an overbearing entrance.
Typical a poorly poorly managed Casino Hotel.
Customer service is very lacking.
There is a nice pool but the pool bar was closed and food and drink were not allowed to be taken to the pool (those caught were evicted and added to a, and i quote, "unwelcome guest list" and they wouldn't open the bar or offer service.
After this quiery to the staff, they closed to pool area claiming it was being renovated the next day.
The In-room hotel documentation is outdated and misleading.
No tea or coffee facilities in room.
A documented 'Fully Stocked Mini Bar' contained a couple of cans of coke and heineken.
Managment does not seem know what is happenning in the hotel and were unable to answer any of our simple questions.
No ventilation in Casino area.
Way way overpriced hotel dining with quite small portions.
Basically one is expected to dump ones bags in a room, go straight down to the casino, spend ones money, draw out more from one of the many many ATM's, and go and lose it all again. Then repeat this if one manages to get any sleep.
Customers are treated as if they owe the hotel some sort of gratitude for staying there.
I've stayed in 1 and 2 star hotels where the staff bend over backwards for your every need. And this lot don't even know when the pool is supposed to open.
The free buses to Macau island and ferry were good but every hotel has them.
Put your money into a different hotel. Don't waste your time at this one.
We will not book here ever again.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank Joe S
montreal
Reviewed April 7, 2006

This hotel is located on Taipa Island right by the Macau-Taipa Bridge. This means that you have to take a bus or taxi to go to central Macau; it's a 3 km ride. At the other end of the bridge on Macau side is the famous Casino Lisboa.

This hotel is located near the Hyatt Regency but the New Century is slightly better. That being said there is no way this hotel is 5 stars and it's very unfortunate that it is presented as such. But unlike a previous reviewer there was nothing wrong with my room -- maybe I got one of those that had been refurbished (maybe that's something to request when making your reservation). I also liked the food at the hotel restaurants as well as the 24 hour room service.

My room rate nearly doubled for the weekend, not sure why, but all the hotels in Macau do this.

All in all not a bad choice.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
15 Thank World_Citizen8
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 17, 2006

Stayed at the New Century for two nights in January 2006. The Hotel is located in Taipa, a short bus ride away from the main island. It is conveniently located for access to the airport and ferry terminal. It is easy to catch a bus from just outside the hotel. Buses run regularly and charge a reasonable flat fare of between 3.3 and 5 Patacas (same value as HKD).

The hotel room was large and had a comfortable couch which makes reading/watching TV much more comfortable. The bathroom was pleasant and quite large.

On the downside, it appears that the rooms have not been particularly well maintained. Tables and other surfaces have water marks / stains and the room generally shows signs of wear and tear.

There is a minibar fridge in the room. The minibar is not stocked, but drinks etc can be bought from a story in the lobby at very reasonable prices (for a hotel).

There is a Casino in the hotel and the decor in the lobby is rather garish. During my stay, there was some refurbishment going on in the lobby and there was a fair bit of noise, although this could not be heard in my room (on the 6th floor).

I have not stayed in any other hotels in Macau and it is therefore difficult to comment on value. However, compared to what one would pay for a similar hotel in Bangkok, it appears expensive.

Stayed January 2006