“Not too bad!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Macau
Beijing Wangfu Hotel
Ranked #88 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Not too bad!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was surprised to read the negative reviews in TripAdvisors with regards to this hotel. My family and I (2 adults and 2 kids) stayed in this hotel for 2 nites (Dec31 2012 - Jan2,2013). To be very frank the experience was not too bad!! We went to Hong Kong for a week-stay and decided to go to Macao at the last minute. A travel agent helped to book this hotel for us as it was quite difficult to get a room at reasonable rate at the festive season. We were quite happy as we were still able to get a double room. We noticed that the staffs at the front desk were not so friendly and quite rude. There were many male staffs with nice uniforms standing like security around the hotel but they were not friendly at all. When we asked for direction, they were not willing to assist. The atrium is huge, with nice Greek statues decorations and wall paitings. We liked the water fountain at the front entrance. It was nice. We were glad that the room was spacious, the interior was quite worn out, but that was ok for us, most important the beds were comfortable, the room was clean and no smell. There are many restaurants around and a few convenience stores at walking distance outside the hotel. So we were quite happy with that. It was difficult to get taxis from this hotel. But the hotel shuttle bus is leaving to and fro from the hotel to ferry every hour. So in summary, the hotel offered very basic service. It was not too bad, but of course with the same room rate, we would prefer to stay in some other hotels since Macao has had so much to offer.

Room Tip: We have no comments.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you do not have any aesthetic taste, there will be lot of other reasons not to stay there.
What is strange, hotel is recommended in governmenal broshure - my choice was defined by that fact. Later i have found that recommendation was made due to sustainable ecological policy. As far is i saw, that policy should be mainly consisting from poor cleaniness. Bed, towels and even curtains were grey, and the former was not changed during my stay.
I have booked smoking room, and on arrival there was impression that twenty med smoked there twenty hours before. Of course not, but with closed windows and with no cleaning and change, all things have got unimaginable smell. When you sleep on their pillow it is like to sleep in ashtray, i used my inflatable pillow instead. I was happy that i've booked one night only
And all this is for 3/4 price of very good macanese hotels

Room Tip: Corner overlooking city center
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Macau hotels

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

It is difficult to describe just how awful this hotel is. Unlike many bad hotels that look nice on the outside but have hidden problems you might notice later, here the problems are huge and so obvious. The management could easily improve things but they just don't care.

There were hundreds of mainland Chinese people staying here because of the casino and maybe they have never been on holiday before or just dont care about accommodation, just want to gamble.

We only stayed there because we missed our connecting flight and the airport agent "recommended" this one and booked for us. I assume her commission was 99% because this hotel was worth less than 1% the price we paid. If it was not late at night, we would have moved to a different hotel.

I have seen small guesthouses with more staff and this was a huge hotel with many floors, I dont know where the staff are. We had to wait long time to check in, nobody helped with bags or help us to find room, no staff speak English.

The room was not clean, very stinky. Furniture was falling apart. Electric wiring was not safe... I could not even charge my phone because I was scared to touch electric socket which was not in the wall. The internet did not work. The television did not work. The curtains did not work.

When I think about this experience, it is very upsetting. Do not go to this hotel.

SPECIAL NOTE: if the tourism / hotel authorities of Macau are reading this review, I strongly recommend you inspect this hotel (and the agents in the airport who recommend it) immediately. This hotel is an embarassment to your country and makes me never want to visit Macau because I am so upset by the experience in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lee T
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my parents. And we dared only one night. Actually, we were taken in by an agent to book this hotel. I was actually aware of all the cautioning reviews here BUT didn't expect it to be this pathetic.

We went there around 1300 but We were not allowed to even do the registration until 1400 when all the waiting guests swarm to reception for check-in.

Staff barely spoke English, I am sure anyone who have even only been to primary school would speak better English. Staff are loud and blunt while they literally through the words out like - "WHAT" , "NO" , "CANNOT" etc..... I bet if u can hear words like - SORRY, PARDON, PLEASE ever ever through out ur stay. So, after doing the registration receptionist just rudely pointed us to cashier....actually they were looking for deposit....I understand that hotels need deposit for incidental charges but we didn't want to use anything incidental so I asked them not to take
Deposit from my credit card as it takes a lot of time to reedem. And they called their duty manager - ALAN HUANG. And thats where the the actual ordeal and terror began.
First he didn't come out but just asked me to talk to him on phone.....making me feel like He & his hotel is doing a favour to me . Then after 10-15 mins he came out. His English was pathetic. I explained him my problem BUT BUT this man didn't or wasn't ready to understand a bit and went on saying WE WANT DEPOSIT OTHERWISE NO ROOM. How the hell he can't give me room when I have
Paid for it. BUT NO, WHAT SO EVER. He was so damn rude, arrogant, cold, loud, threatening that I felt like horrified talking to him. He even banged the reception while talking. I asked for general manager or Front office manager and he said today, it all him and only him. He was acting as a DICTATOR IN HIS OWN WORLD. NO CONCERNS ABOUT GUEST AT ALL. I told him to lock out minibar and international call BUT HE WOULDNT. He was even ready to almost put a physical fight.aaaaaaaa holy crap. I felt like a prisoner. So finally, I gave away the cash, the only much I had in Macau dollars. I warn you NOT TO LOOK FOR AM - ALAN. I swear you will regret it dearly.
After taking keys we went to room - Cold smoking smell, workout furniture, moldy washroom, broken washroom facilities - water leaking from toilet bowl. No proper replenishment of room amenities, no tea-coffe facilities, need to call 5 times and wait 20 mins to ask anything from service. It was not less than a hell. So, I strongly reccomend you to STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. Go anywhere but not here......wanted to write more but.....

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank hshk
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I'm told that this hotel used to have a good reputation, but it has gone severely downhill.

The room we had was large, but the carpets had awful stains and the bathroom had been shoddily cleaned, at best. The tissue paper dispenser in the bathroom fell out as soon as I tugged on it. The bed was a little bit hard, and the sheets had the smell of smoke. I spent the night tossing and turning uncomfortably, and was happy to get out as soon as I could in the morning.

Unless the management decides to improve this hotel, do not stay here!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pedellea
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We were conned into staying here by an agent at the airport after we missed our flight. She told us it was the only hotel nearby with free wireless (it didn't even have that and the paid for Internet was useless).

She also told us it was a 5-star hotel. I don't believe any hotel standards inspectors could have given that rating. In fact, I think they would close the place down.

The building is actually a casino and the hotel rooms are mostly used for the gamblers it seems.

Nobody helped us with our bags, or told us where to check-in so it took us 10 minutes just to find reception (and we had suitcases and a baby).

None of the staff spoke English and didn't even try to give us directions to our room or anything like that. After check-in we went into the casino by accident.

The room itself was awful and stank of smoke. The TV was about 20 years old, tiny and didn't work.

It wasn't even cheap.

One of the worst nights of my entire life.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank BritBangkok
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I looked to see who could possibly write anything good about this horrible hotel. Note - they are all written in Chinese. We missed our flight and this was the only hotel left. We just stayed out most of the night. Even the towels had holes and were gray. What a shame because it could have been nice if anyone at the New Century Hotel had a clue about cleaning. The hotel next to it was wonderful and we had a great breakfast-Aurora Hotel was perfect.

Room Tip: Sleep next door at the Aurora Hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple