“Avoid unless cost is your consideration !”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Macau
Beijing Wangfu Hotel
Ranked #89 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Singapore
“Avoid unless cost is your consideration !”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed in this hotel from 28th Oct 11 to 1st Nov 11. On the first day of check in, I was given a room in one of the 3 hotel wings. The decor in this wing was terrible. Everything was very run down (carpet, furniture, bedding sheet, etc). I tell myself I can't stay in this room for 4 nites. I immediately went to the reception to file a complain and they gave me another room in another wing of the hotel. This room is much better than the 1st one although I wouldn't rate the condition of this 2nd room as excellent but bearable. One of the chambermaids later told me that 2 of the 3 wings of this hotel have been renovated. Therefore, the 1st room given to me must have been from the wing that has not been renovated yet. So would-be travellers, my advice to you is to insist on getting a room from the renovated wings.

Room Tip: Get high floor rooms from the renovated wings.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank CasaRasa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed October 20, 2011

By a fluke of bad luck, a friend of a friend got us this hotel. There was some conferences going on in Macau and the hotel that we have intended to stay was fully booked. Just to begin with the decors are very old ... the rooms not maintained at all. The hotel has a thoroughly chaotic checking-in system. They will only proceed to check everyone in all at the same time. Most hotel nowadays will be able to check you in if you are early (just not give you the keys till their rooms are ready and we understand that). This hotel refuses to even proceed to draw up the papers until their designated time. So everyone queuing to check in will have to wander around (there is not much to see and no where to go) and at the stroke of the clock ... all swarmed to queue for 1 check in counter! My husband asked to see the manager trying to point out to him this obvious flaw in their system and was taken aback when the hotel manager could not even comprehend why the complaint arise in the first back. Needless to say everything went downhill. There is no service and the rooms smell of stale cigarettes and for us non-smokers ... it is hard to bear. Oh yes the affiliated chinese restaurant ... I won't go there if I were you. The staffs were rude quite in a world of their own and we experienced an episode where the BBQ chef were arguing with the floor staffs and a string of profanities in chinese ensue. Need I say more?

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Macau hotels

Iwakuni, Japan
Reviewed May 25, 2011

My husband, two friends and myself recently stayed in this hotel for one night in April. It was surely one night too many. Had we not been the guest of a friend, we would have tried to transfer to another hotel. While the location was decent in getting to our venues and it allowed for a discount for one show we attended, nothing else was acceptable. The lobby presents itself in a cleanly fashion; however, upon entering our floor and room, the stench of smoke permiated the air. Additionally, the carpet was filthy with cigarette burns, mold growing in the bathroom sink and bath counters; as well as torn lampshades and just as filthy seating. I refused to walk anyway without shoes covering my feet! The towels were paper thin and dingy and there were no washclothes. Their "double" bed was two singles pushed together and while the sheets appeared clean by look and smell, sleep did not come easily. Due to the extensive smell of smoke, I had to pull a t-shirt over my nose in order to breathe. It was the most disgusting place my husband and I have ever stayed. Besides the accomodations being less that acceptable, the transit van was late to pick us up from the ferry and was equally late in taking us to the ferry. We had to grab a taxi, pay an additional fare and run to catch our ferry back to Hong Kong. None of the "help" seemed very concerned about getting us information or hailing us a taxi either! One more note...there was not choice as to food. A very simple sampling of Chinese cuisine in a cold, cafeteria-style room with metal tables and chairs.

Room Tip: I truly would not recommend this hotel at all.
  • Stayed April 2011
5 Thank jsmac28
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed July 19, 2010

All the staff are not well educated with proper English. I would like to bring my mum for breakfast at the coffee house, I ask the receptionist, she sit and read her book and tell me 1st floor point up there. So we walk up to 1st floor, then one of the staff ask do u have coupon with tour group? I reply no then she said go down ground floor and restaurant more varieties and cheaper. What does she think we could not afford to pay $$$ well we come here leisure off course we afford to pay$$. Then as we go down we ask the receptionist again she say by the side we walk to the side No SIGN of restaurant, ask the security guard, he pointed up 1st floor again.. I was really angry because we are treated like " FOOL" walk up down just to find your restaurant for breakfast. Then I inform the receptionist what type of service your hotel providing??? We can stay here and we afford to pay $$$$ she just sit there and read her books.. Only 1 receptionist working what an Bad Experience.. I am very very disappointed because we are tourist and Macau suppose to be tourist attraction place. Everyone should be well verse with English especially you are in SERVICE INDUSTRY TOURISM.. Never ever I will recommend this hotel for my friends or relatives to stay. Shopping and sightseeing is good at Macau and we did enjoy it. But hotel really give us a bad experience..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Polly0223
Edmonton
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I don't know who decided this hotel should be a 5 star, but they were probably blind. Nothing about this place would even earn it one star, by most standards. The staff is rude, the place was dirty, the rooms were horrible... we were put in an "upgraded" room. It was basically a very large two bedroom suite divided by one door. Another gust was in that room. The walls are paper thin. Didn't even dare eating there. If you want to save money, stay at a different hotel- this one will disgust eve the bravest traveller.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank TravelChick15
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed March 13, 2010

My best definition of this hotel is "former 5 star". It does have plus and minus qualities. For example, the carpets are outdated, yet the bathrooms are renovated with larger tub, frosted glass swinging door separating sinks and bathing area, and more modern look to them. The hotel does supply extras, such as complimentary slippers, toothbrushes, hair and skin accessories, etc... The beds, compared to most rock hard beds in asian hotels are a little bit more softer than usual, but still not the western style comfort americans are use to. (again, we're in Asia, not Orlando). The view from our room we could see the Macau tower and resorts across the bay.
The architecture of the building is very unique. Giant statues of greek mythology tower in the entrance and main lobby. They are majestic, however painted, unlike the usual plain white colors you're use to seeing in greek architecture. -But again, its greek architecture with an Asian influence. The sofas and couches in the lobby are also extra extra large, making you feel like you're sitting is a sofa made for gods and giants. The pool is really large, and it has an additional slide pool and jaccusi, with depths that are safe for young children.
The hotel staff was very friendly, from the housekeepers in the hallway that greet you, to the man standing at the doorway, they certainly do acknowledge your welcome here. I'll confess that I didn't partake of any other services of the hotel, as I had a full itinerary away from the hotel.

My conclusion of this hotel is: people with great demands will be disappointed, however, I am confident that the modest traveler will enjoy this hotel. Its smaller than the new mega-hotels being built, but not too small. Its a great experience to see what 5-star hotel was like before the casino-boom hit Taipa.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
SINGAPORE
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Being a Five Star Hotel - The Check In counter staff were rude, fierce, impatient ,cannot understand other languages except Cantonese, unfit even for 1 star.
Worst breakfast ever eaten, seen cockroaches running around the buffet table
The beverages, such as coffee and tea - look worst than the "water from the drain"
Some rooms were filled with very strong cigarettes odour.
Furnitures and fixtures are old and worn.
I will never ever recommend or stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009