Pousada De Sao Tiago
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
$216
$173
Hotel Royal Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
Hotels.com
$228
$205
Grand Lapa Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$128
Sheraton.com
The Countdown(Macau)(Great Value!)
$133
$116
Rio Hotel & Casino(Macau)(Great Value!)
$105
$81
Agoda.com
$241
$191
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in July 2011, a very romantic and beautiful hotel situated in a very old Portuguese house. Liked the spa bath, Hermes cosmetics and room decor. Definitely recommended for romantic get-aways. The staff was nice, maybe a tad slow.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Olga K
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Poitives: Gorgeous rooms - large bedroom, bathroom (spa bath plus seperate shower with amazing shower head!), lounge room and second bathroom! Cable tv and wifi. Breakfast was absolutely delicious - highly recommend!

Negatives: air con smelled a little of cigarette smoke (probably ok to some people - but I need fresh air). Staff were nice but not overly friendly or helpful. it's not really close to any sightseeing destinations or tourist attractions. Had to take a taxi to get to ruins of st Paul's or casino district.
Staff told me they couldnt call us a taxi to go to st Paul's ruins (apparently they said there was a really big taxi prob in Macau and suggested us to take the bus, which we couldn't work out with the language barrier) but we were lucky to flag down a taxi on our own and we found no problems with macao's taxi service - cheap and quick. We were meant to have free hotel transport to and from the airport in our rate however this is only between 11 and 5 - and as we had a 10 am flight we weren't provided the transfer :( they did however call us a taxi that time... Which was there within 5 minutes!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katefrommelbourne
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Flew into Macao mid-morning and was greeted by the hotel limousine, as arranged. Upon our arrival, the manager and his staff were helpful, friendly and courteous. Lunch was booked and we were escorted to our suite . . . two nights of relative luxury . . .

This hotel is far from the madding crowd, as it were, and not spoiled by all those hoards of noisy and smoking types . . . it was a little piece of heaven . . . solitude personified . . . relaxing and private . . . for our weekend . . .

The suite was well appointed, without the ubiquitous gold bathroom fitments that seem to adorn every so-called five star establishment, spacious and comfortable. To spend a weekend in one place . . . the suite . . . was not an issue . . . room service and entertainment facilities were all conducive to 'staying-put' . . . and that is exactly what we did . . . to our sheer indulgence!

The food was thoughtfully presented, timely and tasteful . . . with an extensive wine list . . . the staff were discrete and attentive at the same time . . .

This is a charming hotel . . . with wonderful suites . . . perfect for a romantic get-away . . .

But don't take my word for it . . . NIKE!

Room Tip: . . . pre-book the limo!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glhinhk
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed there for one night in July, 2012 and I could only say I am kinda disappointed.

Room type: de barra suite

Arrival: I was welcomed with a excellence staff, warm and smiled every seconds. (good)

Transportation: MB S500, I was wow at the beginning but once I step inside. It's a Benz with broken AC. The vents are blowing out warm air and it's 30 degree Celsius outside. The cabin was hot like sauna room, without steams. (BAD!)

Check-in: The check-in documents were well prepared before hand and the staff guided my to my room, have a few name signed and finished. No more hassal waiting at the front desk. (Good)

Hotel Room: It's stylish but seems not well maintenance, dirty marks on the sofa, cushions, floor, windows, Bed cover. Not up to a five stars hotel standard. Intermittent TV signal wasted the B&O Television and audio system. Bathtub and the sauna were fine (No good)

Hotel environment: You probably won't feel you are in a fortress at all as I think it's over decorated. The highway outside was noisy with sport cars, Macau's grandpix wasn't opening in Nov only? (fair)

Shuttle bus: The hotel doesn't provide shuttle buses to the town. and if you need car service from the hotel, it required one day advance booking and they goes to the terminals only. I wasn't told about that on my arrival and I was rejected when I asked for. (No good)

Food: I only had the complimentary Breakfast only, It's not a buffet breakfast but some sets. The breakfast itself is okay but I personal like buffet breakfast more. The in-room bar was filling with juice, soft-drinks and beer. They won't charge you if you don't take away the empty bottles. (Okay)

Checkout: No complains, the staff pro-actively asked if we need a cab and don't bother to call one for us (Good)

I think this hotel is losing charm while there are just so many new built international branded hotels like four season, Sheraton, banyatree ... ...

Room Tip: I don't think they would offer some extra even you are celebrating something. If you are expecting a cake, a bottle of wine or even a rose for your loved anniversary, birthday or whatsoever? Some place else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank nd777
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have not had the chance to stay at this hotel so I am writing based on my review of eating at the cafe house.

The hotel itself is beautiful, it has character and unlike those boring normal hotels you find along the casino strips, this one is special and having being used to be a fortress, you do feel you have stepped away from time and entered into another dimension!

The entrance to the hotel was exactly like a fort, while it is interesting, I personally found it a little intimating and it was all stairs, so may not be that friendly if you have luggages although they do have a bell for you to ring for help should you need assistance.

And now the service, having read about the rave about this place, I thought since I can't stay in the rooms, why not visit the hotel for afternoon tea? And gosh, I was very disappointed with the service. Maybe you do get better service if you are staying at the rooms, but for a 5 star hotel, should they treat all customers equally?

I had tea and the waitress serving me was terrible. She was impatient when I asked her questions, and she looked like she was miserable in her job! No smile nothing! Having spent the night and had breakfast at Pousada de mong ha, I will say she has a lot to learn from those students! And it is surprising that the hotel actually hired staff like them! And when I was having tea, I noticed that the staff are all looked really bored!

I will say the only redeeming factor was one individual waitress, I think she is a philippino, she was the only reason I gave this a poor instead of a terrible! She was the only staff that does behave up to standard.

When I wanted to feedback this to the management, I found to my horro! THERE IS NO customer satisfaction feedback form! So is the hotel saying they are too perfect to listen to their customers?

I am very disappointed with the service and if they can't even get this small thing right, then speaks so much of their attitude!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo