“Worth giving it a try”

Cuisines: Indian
Macao
“Worth giving it a try”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I wanted to try this restaurant for some time, but my daughter is very picky and doesn’t eat a lot of things so I’ve been postponing. Since it was mother’s day (the Portuguese one, on the first Sunday of May) I pick this restaurant.
I was happy with the choice, the ambiance is agreeable and the staff is nice and helpful. We ordered Paneer Pakora (fried cheese) but what I wanted to order was the Palak Paneer, but it was very good. Also ordered tandoori chicken that my son loved but my daughter didn’t ate, said it was spicy. She did eat the chicken tikka, tasty and not spicy and also the plain naan. My husband ordered prawn in hot garlic sauce and it was tasty but for my taste is too much garlic. The lachedor paratha has too much butter for my taste and we decided to order more plain naan, but the second time we ordered it was a little burn. Need to pay more attention to cooking time for the bread as it is not nice to serve it burn. I had to cut some parts in order for us to eat it. Almost forgot to mention that we liked the samosa. And my daughter really liked the plain rice.
The price was reasonable and there is a 10% discount for Galaxy members; the service was good, and we will return one of these days.

• Visited May 2013

Hong Kong, China
“Best in Town”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have been frequenting this restaurant since it opened, and its always been good. But these days when my wife and i are considering where to go to eat Indian food in town, this is the only place we will go.

The food is just great. There are enough staff around to assist with ordering and requests. Highlights are the hara bara kebab (fried mixed veges), chicken tikka masala, and the lamb biriyani is to die for. Nann breads are exquisite and piping hot when served to the table. The cheese kulcha naan is a must. Tandoori is by far my favourite Indian food, and its just 'ok' here. Not the best i've had, but still good enough when added with all the other excellent food items.

The atmosphere is not great because the restaurant is located in the shopping strip of the complex, but it doesn't effect the lovely food. It's slightly more expensive that other Indian restaurants in town, so do yourself a favour and sign up to the membership club in the Galaxy casino for free, so you get 10% discount.

• Visited May 2013
Mumbai
“Better than the Indian food back in Mumbai !”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the food at Spice Garden inside Galaxy Macau,the food was infact better than most of the Indian food I have eaten back home in mumbai ! My entire family felt the same & considering we are Indians this means the food was really good !

Must visit for anybody craving for good Indian cuisine!

• Visited April 2013
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“A nice little find!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Thought we'd give this restaurant a go, after reading a good review of it from a local magazine.

We were greeted by friendly staff & given a nice table. The restaurant is nicely furnished & staff are helpful & knowledgeable. Prices are good. Just remember, meals are meant to be shared. We made a big mistake ordering too much.

The food was nicely presented & tasted good. Staff were on hand & ready to help. We really enjoyed this meal even if the chicken tikka was a bit too spicy for us & we only had it mild. A lovely meal in a lovely location!

• Visited April 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
“Spice Garden a real treat.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We ate lunch at Spice Garden while staying at Galaxy Macau in December. Very good, fresh Indian food. Every dish we had was superb and well prepared and presented. Table settings were of a high standard. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. We could not understand why the restaurant was not much busier. It certainly deserved to be. We would definately return.

• Visited December 2012