“Long time no see!”

Cuisines: Italian
Montreal, Canada
“Long time no see!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I used to come to this place quite often back when they were across from the ferry terminal. I thought they had just closed when I went back one time and not found it anymore. A few months ago I found it on the internet again so I said I had to come back.

The food was still very good. The new place lost the cozy, lovely, intimate touch with a lot of wooden surface and is replaced by a lot of tile, which is not my favorite. Although to be fair the new place is a lot more spacious.

The funghi & ham pizza is still my favorite and the ravioli was awesome!

We got lost trying to find the place and got there just around last-order time. While we were warmly welcomed in by the guy at the door, the lady who was serving us was kinda grumpy we got in last minute to a point where she even asked: "Why you come so late?"

Now I had been to this place many times before they moved and the service has always been good, in fact the other staff who also waited our table as well were really friendly so this lady was either having a bad day or I don't know what. I would hate if she'd put a black spot on this restaurant coz I really like it still. At least now I know their last order for lunch time is at 2:30pm (and they close at 3:30pm, reopening later for dinner)

All and all, I'd still recommend it.

Were were a party of 3, sharing two pizzas and a ravioli with no drinks. The check came to less than MOP300 altogether.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank travelingpinguis

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
“Awesome find!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Having had enough of Portuguese rice, chicken, clams and Sangria decided to have some simple Italian and this hit just the spot! Charming service and reasonably priced, with a decent wine list. Dessert can be given a miss though. The ravioli was very good.

Visited October 2013
“Hidden gem of traditional Italian rustic food”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Great value for money this is not by any means fine dining. Simple basement restaurant with friendly staff and old school trattoria style food. Some nice Portuguese wines and classic deserts which the family enjoys. Osso bucco and sausage and beans were the pick of our meals. Tricky to find and can get busy and noisy at weekends. Have the address in Chinese if going by taxi.

• Visited July 2013
Macao
“My favorite Italian restaurant”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This Restaurant used to be in front of the Macau – Hong Kong Ferry Terminal, in the Grand Prix building and it was always crowded. A few years ago they had to move to Barra, more or less near the A-Ma Temple.
To get there: just take a bus to the A-Ma Temple. When you are in front of the temple, facing the temple, walk to your left, walk through the small street with nice tile facades until you reach another street, then turn right and go up that street until you see the Moorish Barracks, a yellow building in your right side. It is quite big and impressive and you will not miss it. Pizzeria Toscana is on your left, more or less in front of it, around 10 minutes’ walk from the temple.
The restaurant is located in a basement and it is simply but nicely decorated, still has a lot of photos with Grand Prix runners from the time it was in the Grand Prix building.
If you want to make sure you have a table it is better to make a reservation as it gets full especially on weekends and on public holidays. It is not only famous with tourists, but also with Macau residents.
The price is reasonable and the food is quite good. Last time we were there we asked for entry the fresh mozzarella with tomato (I love it!), and the mixed sausages (don’t know if it is the correct name… is salami, Parma ham and other kinds of ham). Then we ordered lasagna, spaghetti Bolognese, pizza Margherita, mushroom risotto (another of my favorites!), mushrooms lasagna (I also love it, it is delicious but has lots of cream), beef with lemon and some special lamb they had on the specials menu. As dessert we stick with tiramisu which is quite good. I don’t remember exactly but I think we paid around MOP1,500.00 and we were 5 adults, 2 teens and 1 kid. We didn’t drink wine, only water and lemon tea.
The only thing that is not so good is that sometimes people talk too loud and the restaurant gets a little noisy.
If you drive, they have free car park.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank SmasKim
PORTUGAL
“Good italian food”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Good italian food in a basement restaurant. As is in the basement the environment can get a little bit noisy

• Visited May 2012