“Great Food and Service”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The food was wonderful-the best Chinese food I have ever had. We went for lunch and I would like to try dinner. The service was fantastic. Fine linens and china and good atmosphere. Make a reservation, even if you see empty tables as the girl at the front desk told us they were fully booked-I think because we are westerners. We finally threatened the manager with a call to the Conrad and things turned around and everyone was pleasant- otherwise I would have rated it 5 stars.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Best restaurant in the entire Macau, in terms of the services. Food, generally, good too. Try the Peking duck and crispy tofu. The 'Kungfu' tea was good too.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went for dinner and the food and service was excellent. Very helpful staff and wide variety on the menu. Good atmosphere in restaurant. I would definitely dine here again. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very nice atmosphere. We love Chinese food particularly Beijing Duck. Fried rice with cod fish was also very nice. Good Tea selection.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Dynasty 8 is located in the huge shopping/dining complex of the SandsCotai, consisting at this time of the Conrad (biggest in the world), Sheraton and Holiday Inn.

The dining area is one big area, no separation, walls, levels, whatever: feels a bit like a university cafeteria.

Plenty of staff, mostly attentive and friendly, but extremely uncommunicative. They seemed to be all Mandarin native speakers, but that should not have been a problem since we had one in our party, as well.

Quality of dishes was mixed at best, all served lukewarm, not to say cold.

"Daily soup" was described by waitress as "fish", our two orders tasted really strange, no fish meat inside. May be Eel consomme?

Fish appetizer bland.
Chicken in lotus and roasted pigeon were both extremely salty, but tasty, no complaints here.
Spicy Sichuan eggplant was not spicy and consisted mostly of potatoes.
Shanghai pork ok.

Portion sizes were small as to be expected, you need to order enough dishes.
Fruit platter for dessert without charge was a nice touch.

Price level on Las Vegas/Macao Casino level, be prepared for that.

I think Conrad hotels consider themselves on a level where customers can expect a much superior experience for dinner in their signature restaurant.