“Nice resort near black sand beach”

Grand Coloane Resort Macau
Ranked #27 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed December 27, 2013

May be its quite far from the happening places of Macau but, it's a nice resort. Very close to black sand beach. Huge resort with all modern ammenities. If you are willing to avail the suttle service, make sure that you have reserved seat earlier.

Room Tip: Opt for a higher floor room for nice bay view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Westin M, General Manager at Grand Coloane Resort Macau, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Jaydip_76_in,

It is great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. In the competitive environment here in Macau, with all the glitzy casino hotels, we are especially proud to provide a tranquil ambiance, with the great help or our instinctive and thoughtful associates.

We are here to customize renewal experiences energize your mind, body and spirit.

For a better you.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel in january 2013 for 5 days . This was a very luxurious resort away from city crowd & right next to the beach.Big & spacious rooms . Each room has a big balcony . Indian food quality was good . Getting that kind of Indian food in China is like hitting a jackpot. We arranged a channel conference in the same hotel & booked rooms for 100 + guests . Got an excellent feedback from everyone . The guest were from across the world ...US/Europe/APAC/Austrilia...etc. Meeting everyone's taste & expectation was really a challenge but Westin guys managed it well . The staff were quite attentive to needs of everyone . Breakfast was splendid & has got lot of varieties .Sea facing Golf course was very good.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms were good .
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pradyDelhi

Dear PradyDelhi,

I am so happy to read your review as it is a huge tick of recognition and acknowledgment to us of every aspect.

My team was equally thrilled to read about this, and especially knowing we have managed to meet everyone’s taste and expectation.

We certainly do hope to see you again at The Westin Resort Macau soon.

Be renewed.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

If you live in Hong Kong and looking for a quiet and relaxing getaway destination with your family, then look no further. I booked 1 night at Westin Macau because I wanted a quiet, quality time with my family so the busy, dazzling gambling strip is not my option. We took the ferry and upon arrival, the Westin shuttle bus picked us up on time. It shuttle service took about 30 mins and when we saw the beach and how green the surrounding is, I know we found the right place. To be honest, I never thought Macau still had a quiet and laid back resort hotel and Westin is the place!

As this was a last minute trip, we did not make any reservations for the Christmas dinner. I bumped into Mr. Asif, the F&B Director. He made us feel absolutely welcomed by arranging my family a table for the Christmas dinner (succulent turkey, lime sorbet, gorgeous Christmas pudding and the remaining courses). I would have been running around hunting for a restaurant with my family otherwise. Special thanks to you, Asif!

The food was excellent, I have over-eaten indeed! The restaurant team was very warm, friendly and helpful. Overall, the room (newly renovated) had a very comfortable bed, stylish decor but with old TV set (was told the new flat screen will arrive in January 2014). The room comes with a large balcony with splendid view overlooking the beach. As for service, the front desk staff, restaurant, housekeeping and even the concierge / porters were all top notch. My 2 girls were ecstatic and asked if we could stay longer next time! The kids had a brilliant time at the resort playground, the restaurant and the beach.

Thanks again, keep up the good work, hope to come back soon!

J Chow

Room Tip: The 7th floor, Beach view was very good. Would like to try the Ocean view next time.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear J_Chow8,

Nothing beats seeing our children having a good time. For us, we love having families around, providing them fun quality time which they will always remember with a smile.

I believe we just did it for you! I can easily visualize you having a feast and your girls running around in the play ground, such a lovely picture.

I am sure you will come back for more unforgettable family getaway.

Until then, be well.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We'd like to thank Asif, head of F&B, and his team for the lovely meals we've had at the Westin. Breakfast buffet and Kwun Hoi Heen dinners were very much enjoyed. The staff were very attentive to our needs; fantastic pastry and bread section of the breakfast buffet. Christmas dinner at Kwun Hoi Heen was beautiful!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear KW,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Resort Macau for your stay. We have read your comments and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to share them.

We appreciate your recognition and complimentary comment to Asif and his team who had participated in making your stay a memorable experience.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed our festive cuisines. Thanks to our chefs who have been doing such a fantastic job.

Trust that we will see you again in the very near future.

Stay energized.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The view exactly meets resort requirements, beach and ocean. It's a pity we don't go outside pool. We enjoy the swimming in the inside hot water pool. Breakfast is delicious and various, it's worthy to take one hour to enjoy it. Room decoration and furniture is normal, nothing special (no big LCD TV, no DVD player...etc). We live at the higher floor (7F), so the view and privacy are available. We have a afternoon-tea time on Sat, the only one day with sun. I would like to complain the shuttle bus, the arrival time isn't accurate. If you wait for the bus at the Taipa bus stop, you should arrive more early. Otherwise, you will always miss it. I had experience to wait almost 40 min. Anyway, the resort is worthy of the name, you enjoy the silence, ocean view, and relaxing here. Before booking, you should know you will sacrifice the convenient shopping, gambling during your trip.

Room Tip: I recommend the higher floor, especially ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Elijah1202,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Resort Macau.

We appreciate you for pointing out various positive aspects such as relaxing environment and delicious breakfast. At the same time, we are sorry that you missed our shuttle bus in Taipa and had to wait for such a long time. We do try our very best to ensure the punctuality of our shuttle bus. However, sometimes we failed to do so due to the traffic situation. Your understanding is much appreciated.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Stay Well.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Recommended by friends, my family and I have visited The Westin Resort Macau recently and tasted their Indian Tandoori dinner buffet at Café Panorama. A wide variety of Indian curry and tandoori cuisine were served. Taste were exceptionally yummy. They were authentic Indian food. I like the buffet very much. Staff were welcoming and efficient. The F&B Director chatted with us during the dinner and took us to have a drink at new bar after the dinner. He is very professional and nice. I highly recommend friends and travelers to enjoy an evening or an afternoon there!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Westin M, General Manager at Grand Coloane Resort Macau, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Edith Cheong,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review about our resort. It´s really nice to know that you had a wonderful family memories.

We very appreciate you recognizing our associates for their outstanding and personal service provided. We are truly lucky to have them as part of our team.

On behalf of The Westin Resort Macau, I’d like to thank you and let you know how grateful we are for your stellar rating and recommendation of our resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Be inspired.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently with my family and very happy with improvements in the hotel especially in food & beverage . The food was beyond our expectation and it were beautiful and lovely. We are foodies!

We saw the Director of Food and Beverage is experienced and professional and on the floor picking up the plates and working well with staff . We strongly disagree with other comment we had review before that this PR stunt as from a guest point of view this food and beverage manager is on floor going table to table and being a perfect host as every person in hotel should be . He is a Guru in f&b service as My family and I stayed all around the world in luxury hotels as well resorts . No doubt he is far above than other hoteliers I have seen who don't engage guests and stay in their offices. ( I won't mention the brand name but the popular five star hotel anyway) .

Also, Concierge was very friendly to us and also provide personalised service like planning the daily family must go activities. I realised the Hotel got a new look after new carpets in rooms as we stay here at least few times a year. Reception staff very attentive and efficient.

I will highly recommend to my friends and relatives to stay here and I am looking forward to come back next year especially summer holidays :)

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Sweetiesparadise,

I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your stay with us at The Westin Resort Macau.

We strive to create memorable, uplifting experiences for our guests and knowing you highly recommend our resort is amazing.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with our associates. I am happy you were able to indulge in all the amenities provided to you as our guest as well as enjoy the new look of our guest room.

Your loyalty is very important to our team and we cannot wait to create another top notch stay for you in the future.

Until then, stay well.