“Good location, but hotel rooms are in dire need of a renovation.”
Review of Hotel Sintra

Hotel Sintra
Ranked #34 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good:
-Great location.
-Outside the hotel are plenty of eateries.
-Nearby to many casinos.
-5 minutes walk to Yaohan Department Store.

Bad:
-I don't like the interiors of this 3 star hotel because the rooms are run-down.
-At the reception, some staff do not speak English.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank singlish_sg

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is comfortable. It's just off the busy streets so it's a short walk from MGM, Wynn, and Senada Square. All within 10 minutes walking distance. The room is clean and comfortable. This is a simple hotel with no facilities like pools and all. It's just a great place to park your bags and get out there to see the bling bling of Macau. The only major complaint is the Wi-Fi is HORRENDOUS. It disconnected every few minutes, and after reconnecting it requests for the wifi password again and then it doesn't log in. Very very bad wi-fi.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank faltasian
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I traveled for the first time in Macau with my husband and two friends, and our experience with sintra hotel was quite positive. We all had a very good room, good view, good wifi connection. Balance breakfast , the hotel was very well located and walking distance to the Ruins of St Paul, shopping areas and other casinos. It is a practical location in terms of shuttle buses to and from other casinos across the bridge. They have a small casino called Mocha.
My only comment was the reception area had only 2 chairs in the waiting area..they could add more , space is not the problem. The staff are all very helpful, and give practical advise.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Adelaida Gigi P
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here recently in June 2013. Accomodation for 3 star and above hotels in Macau are generally not cheap and so even though Sintra is not half as grand and does not has a casino as most of the other huge casino hotels around Macau, it's very strategically located right in the heart of Macau Peninsula. It's only a 5-10 minutes walk to the famous Senado Square, Ruin's of St Paul, St Dominic's church and Margaret E Nata cafe from the hotel. They do not provide free shuttle bus from the airport, but you can take the free shuttle from Grand Emperor hotel that is located right opposite Sintra. There are also a lot of free shuttle buses to the other casinos in Taipa such as Galaxy and City of Dreams nearby.

We arrived the hotel at around 3.15 pm but they told us the room would only be ready in another 40 minutes. Intiailly frustrated by the delay even though it was rightfully after check in time, the staff at Sintra certainly made it up with their friendly and very helpful services. Quite a number of the reception staff, senior manager and bellboys can understand and speak English pretty well and they are very willing in giving directions to nearby attractions. They also answer quickly and promtly to any request we had. The hotel provides free luggage storage for their hotel guests after check out/ before check in time.

Rooms are spacious and fairly clean. I booked through Agoda and for RM 370 a night, it is inclusive of wifi as well. I stayed on the non smoking 7th floor and wifi reception is really good in my room. Very quiet at night too. The tv has about 30 channels to choose from even though most are news channel. Did not try any of the food at their restaurants and cafes though.

Overall, pretty happy with our stay and if we want to stay at Macau Peninsula again next time, definitely will come back to Sintra! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank colourstreak
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Location is terrific for tourists who go for sightseeing and casinos. Almost near to Senado Square etc. But I was quite disappointed with the room because the toilet bowl had urine splashes on the cover, making me doubt the whole cleanliness of our room. I cleaned it myself, didn't bother to call housekeeping anymore as we were too tired. But I didn't feel comfortable anymore about our safety, since we were given the last/end room with the Grand Emperor view. There was a free wifi but we had to log in/log off often as during most of our stay, the net connection was terrible. The only nice thing was the location. And also the breakfast buffet, there was a good variety of food choices. Next time, I will think twice of booking here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were disappointed with our 3-day stay. Other than great location, there's not much to recommend about this very tired, old, grand dame hotel. It was not very clean, the carpeted rooms and hallways were worn and in need of shampoo. The decor is ancient and not stylish. Wifi was horrible (hotel management apologized but said there was nothing they could do). There was only one bedside table (I had to put a chair next to my bed to hold my phone and laptop) and there was only one electrical socket (not near the bed); that's just not enough for charging phones and laptops. There are so many better choices in Macua, I won't be giving this hotel a second chance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is probably my 8th or 9th time staying at Sintra. I stayed here mainly because of it's location. It's approximately 10 - 15 minutes from the airport by taxi. The hotel offers free WiFi now. The staff are always helpful and they can communicate in English. The hotel is located right next to New Yaohan (Big Shopping Mall) It's only 5 minutes walk to Senado square and all other major casio hotels like Wynns & Grand Lisbua. Free shuttle bus runs from hotel steps to City of dreams every 10 minutes. The room is ok as it's a decent size and clean. I will stay here again next time I visit Macau for sure!

Please vote for me if you find this review "Helpful" thank you very much.

Room Tip: Breakfast isn't that great so when you book a room you might want to skip it for a better rate.