Hotel Sintra
$191
$153
$115
Sofitel
Hotel Royal Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$96
$128
$113
MGM Macau(Macau)
$204
$141
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Lapa Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$128
$91
Trip.com
$228
$205
The Countdown(Macau)(Great Value!)
$133
$119
Rio Hotel & Casino(Macau)(Great Value!)
$105
$81
Agoda.com
$241
$191
  • Pool
All reviewsgrand lisboasenado squarewalking distancefree shuttlegrand emperorferry terminaldept storeegg tartstourist spotspaul ruinsemperor hotelnon smoking floorcentral locationcodstar hoteldeluxe roomsmall casino
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Was in Macau for 2 nights just as a quick getaway and to enjoy the Christmas season. Sintra's location is awesome. Walking distance to all the places of interest and food attractions of the old Macau, with many shuttles a few steps out to other casinos and to the newer built up Venetian casino area of Macau.

Rooms are admittedly dated and tired but it served me well in my short stay - safe and clean. nothing to shout about but spacious enough and anyway I was hardly in the room. Free wifi's good, easy walk to yi shun round the corner for breakfast, stroll to the square, and Margaret's cafe for egg tarts.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank iGallivant
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Overall : For a 4 star hotel, this is a great deal in terms of :

1) LOCATION (central)

* where many tourist attractions & major casinos are within walking distance.
* take the "City of Dreams" free shuttle (few shops away from the hotel, where they start at 11am), it will take you to all the newest & biggest casino-hotels like Hyatt, Galaxy, Hard Rock & etc) . Even if you are not a gamble, the view (interior & exterior) is magnificent.

2) ROOM (big, clean & spacious)
Though the exterior (of the building) is not appealing, the interior (in the room) is as good as a 4.5 star hotel.

3) SERVICE
The staffs are generally friendly (except for a senior lady). We didn't plan our trip and often seek their advice on where to eat (the local/ non-tourist food) & where to go

We are generally budget conscious and are pleased that the staffs do not compromise on their attitudes towards us (some in service industry may judge you or are less friendly if you are not a generous spender)

We had a pleasant 3D2N stay at this hotel. It's definitely value for month.

4) OTHER PLUS POINTS
* Free wifi for hotel guests

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Evangelista2008
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My 3rd time to Macau, and my third time staying in this hotel!

Service is good, kudos to the bell boys who patiently answer our questions. Room is as great as before..only decor is a bit outdated.

Why I like this hotel - it is the location - extremely convenient to anywhere. There is a shuttle bus service to City of Dreams (COD), from there is a walking distance to Venetian, from COD can take shuttle bus to Taipa too.

I will stay at this hotel again if I come back again ;oD

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank momow
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our main trip is to Hong Kong however we stop by Macau one day for some sightseeing. Due to the good review in trip advisor, we book this hotel.

The location of this hotel is good. It is within walking distance to the senate square. Although it provide free shuttle bus, the bus indication is not clear. The bus waiting area is full of buses from all other hotels in Macau and Hotel Sintra bus is a shared bus between a few hotels. You will need to go around asking which bus to board. We spend almost 20 minutes walking and looking for the bus.

We have booked this hotel 6 months before we went there and we requested for a view facing grand libosa. When we check this request from the counter, we then found out that only premier rooms are facing the grand libosa. We only book a delux room and therefore they cannot fulfill our request. There are also no queen size bed rooms left and we have to sleep in twin room. I feel that this could be informed to us long ago since we have booked the room 6 months in advance. The hotel room looks a bit old but it is really clean. Not all the hotel staff at the counter understand English and some are quite rude and impatient. Maybe they did not want to service me as I am only staying 1 night.

Personally, I did not have a wonderful experience staying in Hotel Sintra. If you are looking for a clean and reasonably priced hotel, maybe Hotel Sintra is your chose. This is my second time to Macau and the first time I stayed in Pousada de Mong Ha. I have also stayed one night but the service is fantastic. I have chose Hotel Sintra this time is due to the good review and its location (Pousada de Mong Ha is a bit out of the way). Seems that I have made a wrong choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ygal_12
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had an enormous room, almost a suite according to my wife. It even had a two-seater sofa with a table. The bathroom was also very large, with a full bath and two showers in it (fixed and hand). Our view from the 11 th floor was very good and the hotel was very close to several casinos, including the Grand Lisboa.

We enjoyed the nearby World Heritage walk and Portugese food about the historic old centre of Macau.

The flat-sceen TV was a good size; the curtains were heavy black-outs (absolutely neccessary given the enormous casino lights nearby); the free wifi dropped out but a free cable connection was in the room (however a British power point plug / adaptor was necessary for battery charging); there was a coffee machine and even a complimentary shoe shine service.

A classic older-style but with a modern look, clean and comfortable. Only problem was that only some of the desk staff had decent english.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family