Hotel Beverly Plaza
$115
Sofitel
Hotel Royal Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$96
$216
$173
$228
$205
Grand Lapa Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$128
$91
Trip.com
$113
The Countdown(Macau)(Great Value!)
$133
$116
Hotels.com
Rio Hotel & Casino(Macau)(Great Value!)
$105
$81
Agoda.com
$241
$191
  • Pool
All reviewsstar worldbig roomfree shuttleyaohancouchbusesruinsgalaxy
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Extremely mixed feelings about this hotel. Major problem is language. No one speaks English, so if you know exactly what to expect and what to do without any assistance it may be ok. The rooms are big and clean. Everything works sort of. The room was very cold I put the temperature at 36 but it was freezing, no need to call or complain since no one understands. The bed is as hard as a Tatami mat without the futon. The lobby is nice but don’t expect any assistance. I checked in very early coming strait from the airport but my room was not ready, that was expected. They accepted to keep my suitcase until check in but not my computer, too dangerous they sort of explained! Upon departure I asked for a wakeup call but they forgot. I woke up at 2 PM and rushed to the reception. The attitude was … so what? They did not charge me for … very late checkout. Overall the hotel is extremely noisy, 99.9% Chinese clients coming for gambling or partying. In a nut shell excellent location and if all you need is a bed and a shower and don’t pay the rack rate ( I got 50% discount via the delta airlines website) it will be OK. Families or couples should definitely avoid this place. If you need to attend a bachelors party for one or two nights and the price is right the locations is ideal. I will not book this one again that’s for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RoppongiTokyo
Reviewed January 8, 2012

WE have just returned from a trip to China and included Macau in our itinerary for a trip to the Casinos..Yes the Beverly Plaza is close to the old casinos and yes the room was quite big compared to others in this part of the world. BUT it has nothing to offer you if you speak English and if you are looking for anything remotely like good service - YOU WON'T GET IT HERE. Staff were shocking, room was not clean, jack hammer hammering away (were not told this when we booked), room was not clean, half naked girls in massage area (we didn't ask but not brilliant for our kids to have to see), bell boy - what does he do? Doesn't open the door and when you ask for a cab he says "stand on street - they come" and that's what we did. We waied and waited until we could hail one oursleves. Do yourself a favour - pay abit more and stay on the new side at Cotai. Truly I am writing this review as a favour as I normally never bother but I feel I owe it to others to know how terrible this place was.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked some apartments that we thought were being demolished until we saw people bathing outside and realised they were people's homes. Amazing we could even see - the windows were filthy.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joy B
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Overall, the hotel has a great location as it's just opposite the old and new Lisboa Casino and other casinos. It's is also within walking distance to Senado Square. The size of the room is big as well.

My only complain is the bed.... it's as hard as a rock. Not much difference if you would to sleep on the carpeted floor or the bed. My partner could hardly get any sleep because of it.

A few shops away from the hotel, there is a 24hours Taiwanese rest (Ding Tai Fung) which serves good food.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Checking in was horrible. Girls in the front desk cant speak english at all, and were so rude. I cant understand chinese so they start yelling (hoping i would understand better). Even when we were checking out, thier machine wasnt working so they wanted me to pay cash. Lame. We got to stay in the older tower and had the 18th floor (executive room). Room was very spacious. Bathroom was a bit dirty. The smoke from the AC got me sick. Breakfast buffet was ok. Be careful for the 3rd/2nd floor massage. Location was the only thing going. Walking distance from Lisboa,Wynn, etc...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Hotel's location is quite tricky because it is somehow "hidden". However, it is walking-distance from the more famous Lisboa Hotel and Wynn Hotel.

Room is a bit dark.

Bathrooms - be prepared to see a WINDOWED BATHROOM - for the viewing pleasure of your companion in the bedroom. It kind of made it feel like it is a MOTEL where things can get "raunchy". However, there are curtains so privacy is still possible. Bathroom door has no locks too! Just a warning.

Window view is awesome. Wynn and Lisboa can be seen.

Breakfast - not much to choose from. Not very cozy either.

Lobby - small and only a few seats available for waiting customers. Quite dark as well.

Money Changer is available so that was quite handy.

Tips: Hong Kong dollars are much "preferred" by locals and establishments.
No need to take a taxi from airport or ferry port to your hotels. SHUTTLE BUSES are available and FREE OF CHARGE. You can either take the shuttle bus of your hotel or take a shuttle bus of another hotel to get to your destination.

Also, Macau is very small. We were able to walk round Macau island in an hour or so. However, the Macau 2 island, where you can find Macau Tower and the other newer hotels is far. To get there, either taxi or the shuttle buses. You just have to study where the bus stops are and their respective routes.

Hotel Beverly Plaza is a budget hotel so don't expect they will go the extra mile to serve you.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family