“Average Experience”
Review of Grandview Hotel

Grandview Hotel
Ranked #58 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The room booked on booking.com was of premier category. I was stunned when i was informed that we were upgraded to executive room without an request and suspect whether thats the way to impress the guest. To access rooms beyond 16th floor, you require to swipe your room key in the elevator- which is double security.

Hotel has shuttle service to Macau Pier but not to airport though both are at almost equal distance. Pickup from pier was smooth. The driver or bell boy dont help you with your luggage.
Rooms are old but maintained well. Nothing much impressive though. The Hotel management does not provide more than two sachets of sugar/tea/coffee in one room per day and charge for additional sachets, so please be prepared.

For Indians, enjoy your food at Indian Garden Restaurant which is just 10 minutes walk from the hotel, no need to hire a taxi. But if you are returning from Venetian or Galaxy, ask your taxi driver to drop you at this restaurant and walk down to hotel after dinner.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gaurish D

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Booked this hotel via Expedia for a business trip to Macau. I got a good deal of around $88 for one night on a weekday. For the price and the room quality I would say it was quite good. I got to the hotel via a taxi cab from the airport and it cost about MOP $33. Some taxi don't want to take me there I am not sure why maybe it is too near or they don't think they can get a passenger on the return trip? The room quality is what I would consider 4 star quality. I book the room as a non-smoking one and when I reached the reception, I politely ask again for a non-smoking room just to remind her. She went to her computer and told me that I was getting an upgrade. I don't think I did get any really upgrade on the room size since I think the room size is pretty the same but I think I got a better location as I was on the 17th floor, so there was an added security on the elevator where I got to insert my card before I can access the upper floors. The room is the deluxe premier which was a bit better than the premier room I originally book.
They told me that there was some construction going on around some floors but I never really heard of the noise. All the basic amenities that I do see from a 3 star or 4 star hotel is what I saw on the room. The bed is quite good, not too hard and not so soft. The room seems to look really clean and decent as well. I think being on the upper floors also made it more quiet and so it was a great plus and probably the rooms are a bit newly refurnished.
As for the location, I think this hotel serves it purpose for me and others who are booked to join some tours. But if you intend to visit Macau and travel to most of the tourist destination this might not be the best location for your stay.

Room Tip: ask for a non-smoking room politely and they sometimes give you upgrade rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bidaman
Reviewed March 18, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I had my 2nd stay in this hotel in Sept 2011 while my 1st stay was in Nov 2010.

The 1st stay was not quite pleasant as I stayed in the lower-floor room which had not been refurbished. The room, the amenities was old, but it was not a main issue. It was about the noise as there were tons of budget mainlanders staying in lower-floor. The impression left was-- Busy, noisy, chaotic, yet with good accessibility.

The 2nd stay was on 28-29 Sept and was there for the fireworks competition. Had decided to go for Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16 but it was too pricey on that occasion. Turning back to Grandview, I booked an Executive Double and had requested a high-floor room. It's much better than the 1st stay.

I got a room on the Executive level (from 13-18/F and I got one on 17/F). Room card was needed while accessing the executive levels and it was then much quieter. The guest staying at these levels are mainly westerners and indeed were more disclplined (what a shame). The level I stayed in was well refurbished so did the rooms. The room was tidy and nice, and the bathroom was well equipped with everything I needed. Of course I had a nice 2nd stay there.

Considering the price, I found the room rate of Grandview had gone up like crazy. You can hardly say it is a budget hotel anymore and I would expect a better service on that.

I might not have my 3rd stay at Grandview as there are too many options in Macau. Yet I have to avoid the special occasion there.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Me and my husband stayed in Grandview hotel for 2days.We opted for a non-smoking room and were upgraded to an executive room as premier non smoking rooms were not available.The hotel is located at the centre of the city,easy to visit most of the attarctions.Its surrounded with some restaurants and stores(7/11).

Its an economical hotel with good room quality.The rooms were very clean and bed was comfortable.Some renovations were going on and we were warned about the timings but the noise was not disturbing.

The breakfast had a good variety of chinese and western style food.It costed 80 HKD per person.

The hotel provides a free shuttle bus to and from Macau Ferry Terminal and runs at every 30minutes interval.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I like the room since it is clean and the bed is comfy. I had the smoking room for two persons. The staffs are nice even though they are not fluent in english. They smile all the time.
The bus stop is just in front of the hotel and there's supermarket, 711 convenient store and a money changer. There are also restaurants and maxims nearby.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This hotel was a disappointment in a number of ways ranging from housekeeping to the quality of the room to the atmosphere of the place. The location around the hotel is interesting, but not appealing. It certainly does not have the cache of the more "glamorous" areas around the Lisboa, Venetian, and Sands. The room decor was somewhat old and lighting poor and the room was generally sparse with no clock/radio, no adapters, and no pens (pencils were given!). There was some mold in the bathroom along the caulking and a beer bottle and trash were found behind the curtain the day of arrival. Internet service was expensive and the breakfast provided with the room was limited in its quality and offerings. Definitely ask for a room with a view if there is one. My room looked right at the back of an apartment which was both unappealing and intrusive. Casino areas in the hotel seem more modern and clean, but nothing extraordinary. The plus of the hotel was lobby/front desk service as staff were efficient and polite.

Room Tip: Definitely avoid rooms near the elevator banks (there are two).
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business