I originally chose the hotel because reviews said that it was within easy walking distance to the old town. I wouldn't agree with this assessment. It's an easy cab ride but a long walk. It is close to the Macao Museum of Art, which is definitely worth a visit. Fortunately cabs are very well priced.
The hotel rooms need refurbishing but mine was very well equipped and the turn down service was great. Very comfortable king size bed and good view. No free wifi, which was annoying because my Vodafone phone plan didn't include data roaming in Macao, only Hong Kong and China!
The spa and outside pool is very good. I was thrilled that my room rate included a free massage. The concierge staff were very helpful. They secured me a last minute ticket to the Dancing Water show at City of Dreams. Not to be missed! Also recommended a great restaurant.
The hotel has a casino, but it's not visible when you walk in the lobby, which I liked. Tucked away on the second floor. Definitely not a hotel for people wanting a flashy casino experience, but the ambience, I think, is a lot nicer. Also, you can use the Sands shuttle across the road from the Grand Lapa to visit the new casinos in Taipa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 18-story waterfront hotel with elegantly decorated interior, situated near the Outer Harbour seawall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Lapa Macau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lapa, Macau Hotel Macau
- Macau Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Macau Peninsula
- Mandarin Oriental Macau Peninsula
- Macau Peninsula Mandarin Oriental