I spent one night at the Grand Lapa, and would like to give it 3.5 stars, but the the quality of the staff leads me to round up. All of the staff that I spoke with were very professional and friendly. I arrived in the evening, and wanted to go check out one of two Portuguese restaurants I had read were good. I asked the concierge about the restaurants, he provided a helpful answer, and called to get me a reservation. The following morning, another concierge was also helpful when I asked about local bakeries. The front desk staff were very friendly during check-in and out.
The room was just okay. I don't watch TV when I'm staying at a hotel, but I thought it just felt wrong to stay at a "5 star hotel" and have a TV in the room that I think hasn't been manufactured since the 1990s. The room and bathroom both looked rather dated, but not dirty. The bed was not old, clean and comfortable.
The location is convenient in that it's close to the ferry, and the hotel has a shuttle running to and from the ferry terminal. On my last visit to Macau, I stayed at a hotel near the Grand Lisboa, which isn't far from the Grand Lapa, but there's more going on in that area, and it's far enough that I would rather just stay in that area if given the choice.
Overall, it was a good experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 18-story waterfront hotel with elegantly decorated interior, situated near the Outer Harbour seawall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Lapa Macau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lapa, Macau Hotel Macau
- Macau Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental Macau Peninsula
- Mandarin Macau Peninsula
- Macau Peninsula Mandarin Oriental