Best place in Macau to avoid the casinos, bling and crowds - excellent option is you want a space after wandering around or even all day to just relax and unwind.
The pool are is tranquil and relaxing with food and bar service when you need it. The staff are fantastic - helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The spa is fantastic - make sure you book a massage, spend the afternoon by the pool and then try one of the restaurants - i recommend Naam Thai. Another review noted you can get a cheaper massage elsewhere - true but you have to walk there and back etc etc and from experience the quality at Grand Lapa is excellent - something for which I am willing to pay.
The breakfast buffet is great - good range of food and nice space but you can order room service breakfast which is really good for about the same price. I recommend the Chinese breakfast option - excellent way to start the day.
Cafe Bella Vista is a good option for lunch - i often invite local residents to meet me there. the only drawback is that it is the only place in the hotel where the service can be a bit patchy. The cake shop is excellent and if you are hungry later on, after 7 pm everything is half price.
The staff are great - helpful, friendly and willing to make an extra effort to help you get what you want. I arrived at checkout without a lot of time to finalise my bill (because I was having a massage) and then proceeded to pay using two currencies and two credit cards (personal and work) - this meant I missed the shuttle but they had already organised a driver to take me once the bill was finalised so that I was there in plenty of time.
The wifi was fine while I was there and I was able to work online at the pool as well as in my room so it looks like they have sorted this out.
Yes it is an older hotel but everything works well, it is spotlessly clean and tidy and the service is great. Location is good and I definitely recommend a visit to the Art Gallery - 5 minutes walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 18-story waterfront hotel with elegantly decorated interior, situated near the Outer Harbour seawall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Lapa Macau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lapa, Macau Hotel Macau
- Macau Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Macau Peninsula
- Mandarin Oriental Macau Peninsula
- Macau Peninsula Mandarin Oriental