“Execllent Location with Great Inexpensive Rooms, friendly staff but will try to make you fool”

BEST WESTERN Hotel Sun Sun Macau
Ranked #31 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

I traveled to Macao this Feb with my souse through Malaysia,... we booked this hotel 2-3 months in advance and therefore got a good deal. we loved the location. its so so so near to the best places in macau. Grt rooms.The staff can fool them by offering them their hotel cars. But when in macao, its all walking :)

a place to be
especially during feb-march..winter time.,,

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

When we came to this hotel, we where met by serviceminded and well english speking staff. For a little exstra payment we got one of the new executive rooms and got positive surprised about the room. New renovated and clean room.
The area is close to sentrum of Macau. But had to take taxi to get to City of dream, where we was going.
The water pressure was very low at the bathroom and the breakfast was just ok..
But to be one of the cheapest hotel in Macau we can recommend this hotel if you dont want to pay a lot for a room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kainymann
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

We booked this hotel in Macau through online booking service not knowing what we were getting into, but with a budget constraint. When we landed, we saw that the hotel was located in a old neighbourhood far away from the action of Macau. Rooms were average. We were able to upgrade one room paying extra...that was a slightly better room with adl facilities.

But service was decent and the Front desk was very helpful, I must say.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Dusseldorf, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

I booked the hotel over an online travel agency. Before, I had a look at the pictures of the rooms at the hotel webpage, which look modern and nice. It is only possible to book a standard room over the travel agency. BUT the standard rooms do not at all look like the pictures on the webpage; they are very old furnished and run down. I did not want to stay there, so I had to pay extra 280 MOP per night to upgrade to an executive room, which was on the pictures. This room was nice, but also quite dark at night and the AC did not work properly, only made quite some noise. On the upside, the staff was quite nice and there was free internet on the executive floor.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Mebue

Travelers are raving about these Macau hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

i've stayed in this hotel last year bcoz of the great service from the front desk(Stephanie) but i was very dissapointed when i came back this year for the month of june when i looked for her then she was no longer working,and the front desk named yoyo treated me rudely upon check in! overall the hotel was nice. Us,travellers look for a hotel with a good service and stay comfortable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank KC_merlot
MANCHESTER
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

POSTIVES

Friendly concierge and reception staff. Rooms cleaned to an excellent standard. Rooms are a good size. Regularly stocked. Mini bar - average hotel prices. Loads of 7/11s and stores nearby to stock up on items as an alternative to the mini bar. Breakfast included on the tariff I took. A nice walk from Senate Square. Macau is well served by taxis and buses. A short walk to a ferry ride from Macau to China avoiding Gongbei Border queues.

NEGATIVES

Breakfast could be hit and miss. So I kept to the minimum. Area notorious for hustlers and prostitutes in the gardens opposite - nevertheless I did not encounter anything so perhaps police have moved them on. Rooms need a little make over.

Overall excellent value if you get a flight and hotel deal for under 700 GBP for 10 nights - a sober alternative to Hong Kong.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Asia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

this hotel COULD actually be quite nice - but obviously it doesn't want to be ! I wonder what kind of people are running that place..... they must be greedy all over, without making the smallest effort to deliver a decent value. probably it is full all the time nevertheless,as Macau is lacking decent 3-star-places. the chaos starts upon check-in. crowds of people, plenty of mainland-China groups (bring earplugs), and visibly stressed and nerved front-desk-staff (mostly Filipino, there was only ONE Chinese-speaking lady at the front-desk, which may add to the Chaos), though I can somehow understand WHY they are stressed and I did not find them rude as others mentioned. But I am very sure that it is NO FUN to work at this hotel and under such conditions. well, to be fair, the rooms are "allright". not really rundown or such, but a general lack of maintenance was visible for sure. the room did NOT have the advertised "free Wifi" (advertised by BestWestern in newspaper-ads weeks before and blazed-out by their Asia-Pacific Manager in the hospitality-trade-press: "all our rooms now have free WiFi"), which already made me upset because it was actually the main reason why I booked a room there (well, had I read all those negative reviews here in TA before I wouldn't have done that either - my fault then!). only the "executive" rooms had the Wifi and I was not willing to pay a huge amount for an upgrade. the Hotel had a bar on the ground floor, but it was closed, even the hotel seemed to be booked to capacity. very strange. as I said, the room was not that bad ( sorry forgot to take pics of the actual room, but I can assure u it was not run-down) . I was stupid enough to book via the BW-website and pay an extra 8 US$ for the BF which I expected to be a buffet, as it is not a small hotel and always full. Very disappointing to see what I got for my US$ 8: a pathetic mediocre set-BF American style (see the pic). Others obviously did not enjoy their BF as well, the Chinese guest's BF comprised of one plate of fried noodles and that was all about it. so they fled the restaurant after short time and did not even finish their BF (see my pic again!). I wondered why the restaurant was only open from 7-9, which is extremely unusual for such a relatively big hotel, well, I knew why when I entered the restaurant to "enjoy" my pre-paid BF: the restaurant was DESERTED. there was exactly ONE staff working there, clearing the tables and serving food, and it was actually no need for more staff to work, as he was easily able serve the hand-full of guests that dared to have a BF there alone. well, summing up, this COULD be a quite nice place if there was any kind of "hospitality-spirit" noticeable and someone would make at least a SMALL effort. unfortunately, that was not the case, I guess the owners only see that place as a cash-printing machine where they do not have to lift a finger to squeeze out as much money as possible without delivering anything. Like " here is your room, take it or leave it, we are always fully booked here anyway, if u stay here or not, because people have no decent alternatives to stay". as I said, the only half-acceptable thing were the rooms itself, plus in my special case, I could earn Airline-Miles as it is a Best-Western Hotel (but what a disgrace for Best Western!). But the ATMOSPHERE in the hotel was the worst I ever experienced anywhere in Asia. and I felt ripped-off considering the overpriced Pathetic "BF-set". this place is best to be avoided.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business