“Amazing and on its way to 2 Michelin stars”
Review of The Tasting Room

The Tasting Room
Ranked #30 of 742 Restaurants in Macau
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At The Tasting Room, Chef Guillaume Galliot redefines fine dining with his utmost attention to detail and a choice of the season’s most delicious ingredients from around the world, delivering contemporary European cuisine with the intuition of an artist right here in Macau.Elevate your gastronomic experience in the exclusive private room with spectacular views of Cotai; or sample our chef's selection of oysters, cold-cuts, cheeses and chocolates along with an extensive collection of premium wines and vintages in our tasting lounge.
Shanghai
“Amazing and on its way to 2 Michelin stars”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had lunch on a weekend and even though we stumbled in at 2:20 we had the most dedicated service. The waitresses spoke excellent English and we had previously only experienced such service in fine-dining restaurants in Europe. Chef Galliot had come up with a special menu where everything was just perfect. The tableware was exquisit, different and suitable for every course and the food was simply perfect. Every course prepared in a very special way. I am sure that Chef Galliot will get a 2nd Michelin Star in 2014!

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“A good lunch”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We could only had lunch at the bar area as I came there with my 3 years old son. But they didn't compromise their services at all. We had a dedicated waitress to look after us and my son was also very happy as he had a open area to run around.

Food was wonderful. We ordered 5 courses set lunch, both fish and meat were in good quality.

I don't usually have franch food as I think it takes too long to eat. :). But I really had a enjoy and relax lunch there

Texas City, Texas
“Great Service And Amazing Food!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Third time in Macau with my fiance. We tried many restaurants before but this time, we tried The Tasting Room. Didn't know what to expect. Amazingly, it was a delight! At first, we didn't know what to order. Then Manager, Carlos came and assisted to introduce the dishes. Almost everything he brilliantly described were the ones we ordered. The onion soup was out of the ordinary as it wasn't anything like the traditional. The steak was perfect. The chicken was very tasty. I admit the bill was a bit pricy but the food and service I got made me forget about it.

See you when I come back to Macau Carlos!

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A la carte...”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Decided to go for A la Cart... and after math i should have take the set menu with wine pairing...
For the service, i am a bite puzzled, it looks naive and is seriously annoying......
We don't know who is who... One guy present himself like Manager but doesn't act like one and a boy from HK seems more suitable...and maybe is the Sommelier...In a plus side there is a serious man watching all those roosters and the chef is all over the place...
The canape were good but my choice was not good...Mushroom everywhere but it's the season!
Cheese selection good...
Dessert are really amazing...
The wine was good but the glasses of champagne do not look the same than before! Less or they have changed the glassware...
I go there for the food and the service is ok but far from level of this kitchen and it can be damaging...

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth a Michelin star”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Without talking of the service (really bad), just regarding the food, I think the Chef has problem with the salt.
None of the dishes were balanced, all too salty. It's really disappointing.
Nothing was better than an average restaurant in the same area.
I will come back to give another chance, but honestly, they have a lot of work to do.

Been to The Tasting Room? Share your experiences!