“Beautiful large rooms”

Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
Ranked #20 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a work conference. The hotel is huge and is connected to the Sands cotai and Four Seasons and the Venetian
Rooms are massive and very luxurious. Gym had a large selection of equipment. Overall great experience if you don't get lost! Check out the food court on level 3. Though smaller than the Venetian I found the food quality much better

Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I planned my marriage proposal there and we had a wonderful time. They arrange everything well for me and upgraded me to a very nice and comfortable room. Bene Restaurant was also very good. The food and the people there were very nice. I will definitely stay at Sheraton again if I visit Macao.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Plam1980,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are delighted that we had the opportunity to help arrange your marriage proposal. We hope we will give you another memorable experience soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Macau for 2 Nights and was awed by the sheer size of the hotel. They have some 3700 rooms in 2 different towers. I was amazed at the number of check in counters these people have obviously because of the number of rooms. The Check in was very relaxed and the lady at the counter I think Laura was very courteous and took really good care of us. She explained how we could find our way around the hotel and how stuff worked. She even offered us an upgrade to Executive Suite at no extra charge.

The suite on the 32nd floor was large with one Living Room and a bedroom with a TV in each room. The bathroom was almost as big as an extra room, super spacious and large with good quality toiletries.

The Breakfast was served on the Lobby Level and was like everything else Extra Large. I think it could accommodate almost a 700 people maybe even more.

The Casino is huge with a lot of tables laid out offering Baccarat and minimum bets ranging from 400 - 1500 Patacas. Since I'm not much into gambling i just took a round and let the feeling pass ;).

The hotel has a food court in case you do not want to eat in their restaurants and even an Indian Food Restaurant called 'Aruna's'. They serve quality food and almost like back home.

There are indoor shops in case you want to go shopping. All the high end brands are available and some good deals are on offer.

You do not have to go out of the hotel to visit the neighboring Venetian, another grand hotel of large proportions (it has some 8000 rooms!!!), You just take an air conditioned bridge with travelators that takes you across the road and into the Venetian. That is another story that I will share in my other review!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was here for a huge conference for my company this past weekend (11-13 July).
All our events were at the Venetian, which although attached by a walkway, was a fair hike.
The hotel was great in handling the volume of people (except the one person who worked there who had no idea about the 3200 person conference delegation staying in his hotel). We have this conference every year, somewhere in the world. It is orchestrated by a division in our company but it couldn't be successful without the help of the hotel staff.
Check in was a breeze (we had a dedicated area in a ballroom).
I stayed in Room 815, a deluxe room in EARTH TOWER- good size and twin beds (doubles). The linen was divine.
View not amazing and on to a building site (a lot of this area is building site), but ZERO noise, so don't let that bother you.
Only 1 luggage rack (when 2 people are in the room, there should be two- so just feedback for hotel and nothing to get worked up about).
Room has a kettle and a proper hairdryer. Also had a bath, but only single sink vanity.
Now with the shower, you need to twist the attachment around a bit so it just isn't spurting straight out.
On the same floor as the pool, so awesome for us.
Lifts were excellent especially for the amount of people we had in the hotel.
There is a casino on the ground floor and a nice coffee shop.
The hotel is attached to both the Four Seasons shoppes and for a little further walk, the Venetian Grand Canal Shoppes. More shops than you can shake a stick at.
I really like the hotel, but when considering where to stay in Macau you need to decide the following as there are 2 areas:
Old Town, over the other side of the water (where the outer ferry comes in)
or in Taipa (where the Venetian, Sheraton, Hard Rock etc are).
So do you want to shop and have a resort experience? Or do you want the old town experience.
I am torn between the two options.
But this hotel is a great option and it was really nice.
They took care of me and the other 3200 people at our conference really well.

Room Tip: 815 Earth Tower- deluxe room near enough to pool for closeness, far enough away and on other side to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank wildflowerb
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton Macau for 3 nights with a global conference that I was attending.

Overall the room where large, beds a little hard, bedding comfortable, bathrooms spacious. Ticked alot of boxes.

Given the size of the conference I felt that the hotel had some problems with service, simply being stretched to far, but this would be understandable.

The property is huge and the only downside was that I found it hard to find a bar to have a drink at.

Overall positive experience

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Matthew C,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We would like to invite you to experience Sheraton Social Hour during your next stay from Friday to Sunday which is located at Palms, our lobby lounge. We hope we will give you another memorable experience soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We spent 4 nights at this magnificent hotel about a week ago. Being a SPG member and having booked a executive suite we got a 2 room suite of 83 square meters, very well decorated and equipped. Two 42" Tv, two of most everything you need. We also had the privilege of dining and drinking at Sheraton club at the firth floor which means you eat and drink free three times a day if you want. Excellent staff in the club, especially Jenny from Vietnam and Ceasar from Portugal/Mosambicue made a very good impression. All the staff deserves credibility for trying to do as good as they could.
The hotel is really enormous and yet relatively close connected to Venetian and other hotels in the neighbourhood so walking through all the shops and cafes/restaurants without going outside at all I would estimate take most of a entire day!!
Negatives ? Well there are of course a lot of Chinese's, and the ability and skills of English speaking among the staff was ,as others have mentioned, mixed. (very good in the Lounge)
This was also the fact in the casino where they refuse to change Norwegian money( Haven't seen it before?) And this was carried out in a rather rude way by the boss cashier Jeanice?

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller190504

Dear Traveller190504,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience in your Executive Suite and Club benefits with our service. Your feedback about associates’ language skill is truly appreciated and will be reviewed by relevant teams. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had a very good vocation with my family. I want special thank Glenna Wong for corrdination, Joao (he is a good people to solve my printer problem in club lounge).
Also lastly, Vickie is very warm to help me check in and out.
Appreciate your support! I will go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear TaiwanArt,

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted that you and your family had a pleasant experience with our service. We hope we will give you another memorable stay in the near future.