“Being at the right location serves you well....” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
Ranked #19 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Being at the right location serves you well....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Sheraton is located right in the Cotai Central complex which has a casino, mall for high end brands, restaurants, hotel conrad and holiday inn and which is across the street from The Venetian ( link by an indoor bridge and offers more varieties shops from high end, mid to local brands) the city of dreams, hard rock hotel, grand hyatt and four seasons.

The room is a standard sheraton, comfortable beds, nice linen, clean and hygienic. Considering they have almost 4000 rooms and been operating for the past 1.5 years, they are doing a good job in maintaining the rooms and public facilities with thousands of visitors per day for 24 hours.
One thing that is not up to the standard is the lobby area and the corridors along the mall which heading to the guests room's lift are so distinct with cigarette smell, mainly because the casino is the same lobby level which has a low rise partition to separate the casino area and the corridors of mall and lobby, so if you are travelling with children or smoke allergy, beware of this.

Skip breakfast during our stay, so couldn't comment on the F & B.

Most big hotels provide free bus shuttle from the hotel to macau terminal which link you to lisboa hotel should you wish to take a day trip to city central ( st paul's ruin and senado square).

If you are staying in one of the hotel in cotai area and you are using the ferry from HongKong, it is better to take the cotai water jet which stop at macau taipa terminal ( 5 minutes away from cotai complex) compare to turbo jet which stop at macau outer ferry terminal ( which is 20 minutes from the cotai complex), travellung time is almost the same 50-60 minutes and price range is similar with service every 15- 30 minutes ( depending on which terminal in HongKong that you will be using).

Overall, sheraton is very centralised and good hotel for the value of the money.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Y3KA,

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your room and found our location convenient. Your feedback on lobby smell is truly appreciated and will be reviewed by relevant teams. We hope we will welcome you back soon to create another pleasant stay for you.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I can not walk I use a mobility scooter. The location and access everywhere was great. All staff were very good. I hired a hotel car to take us to the town centre and that was not an issue, no dramas at all. I will go again and would recommend anyone to stay at the hotel. Upgrade to the Club lounge it's good value.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear dcl173
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your kind words on our facilities and service provided, we have shared the positive feedback with our associates. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was our first overnight trip to Macau to attend the Rolling Stones concert. We chose the Sheraton because it was so close to the concert venue and due to availability, quality and price. This is apparently the largest Sheraton in the world and it showed in terms of the huge numbers of people in and around the hotel.

We took the shuttle bus from the Macau Ferry Terminal and were very impressed with how easy it was to get to the hotel and check in. I'd booked through an online site and on arrival was informed that neither breakfast or WiFi was included in the booking, but that I could add this for a cost as an SPG member, which I did.

The place is HUGE, but the room we were given was very nice. The hotel itself is part of a huge shopping complex that attaches 4-5 hotels and includes the concert venue, so we were very pleased to be able to wander the shops and then get to the concert without having to go outside or arrange transport etc. We had lunch and dinner in the shopping complex, which was very nice.

The hotels and mall are huge and there are large numbers of people there to shop and gamble, even when there is not a concert playing, and they seem to manage this pretty well. Each of the hotels seems to have a 'gaming centre' at it's centre / heart, which is a little different from what I'm used to in a hotel. I guess that's why people come to Macau. One thing I found very disconcerting was that people seemed to feel free to smoke (despite No Smoking signs) in certain places, which meant that after my shopping trip my clothes and hair smelled of cigarette smoke, despite the fact I didn't enter a gaming centre. I haven't had that happen to me since I the 80's when smoking was banned in pubs and it wasn't a very pleasant flash back.

The least enjoyable part of our quick stay was the breakfast at the SPG club the next morning. We got up late, but arrived at breakfast at least 30 minutes before it was due to end and the place was heaving. It was completely full and many of the people there were wearing Rolling Stones T-Shirts, so I guess had gotten up late after the concert the night before. Despite the fact the hotel is often full (so not just for the concert) they seemed very ill prepared for the number of people there. They ran out of many items and the staff seemed to have no idea what they were doing. By the time we lined up and finally got something to eat of what was left, the staff were coming around to tell people that breakfast was nearly over and they would need to leave soon, which really added insult to injury. Given I paid extra to have this breakfast, and it was not cheap, I wasn't particularly impressed or happy, especially when it's a 5-star hotel.

When we checked out, the lady at the desk was reasonably helpful and asked how everything was. As we'd just finished the breakfast debacle, I mentioned that I wasn't very impressed with it, especially as I had to pay extra. After the initial giggled response, I think she realized I was actually telling her something I was unhappy about, but she didn't really seem to know how to respond (why do people ask these questions, when they seem to have no idea how to respond when you reply?).

Overall I was happy with the Sheraton and especially with the location, given why we went, but it didn't exactly match up to all my expectations of a 5-star hotel. If we were to return, I would definitely shop around, but liked the overall location for the purpose.

1 Thank Sarah M
Dear SarahMckSingapore,

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in your room during you trip to attend the Rolling Stones concert.
Meanwhile, we are disappointed to know about your unpleasant breakfast experience at our Club Lounge during your stay. Your feedback on Club Lounge breakfast and service is truly appreciated and will be reviewed by relevant teams. Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope you would still give us another the opportunity to make amends and to welcome you back.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have stayed at the Sheraton in Macau before and I have to say that even though they are the biggest Sheraton in the world I keep coming back because of the personalised service. From the limo collection at the Ferry, check-in in our suite to the friendly service in the restaurants. The suites are stunning and reasonably priced and nothing is overlooked. It is placed in a great lovation for Macau and it is walking distance from most major sights and from the major shows in Macau. Thanks to the team for making this a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room with a view of the Venetian.
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed in many new hotels in Macau and Sheraton Macao is probably the worst I have ever stayed.

Inattentive Staff
I booked the hotel room and transportation through the travel agent in one go to save time and effort. As I wanted to request for a non-smoking room with king-size bed, I wrote an email directly to Sheraton Macao. In the email, I clearly informed the officer that I have already booked a room (with my personal particulars and date of stay) and would like to add a remark to my booking. Sadly, the officer handled my email unconcernedly and gave me a room quotation instead. I have never expected such heedless working attitude or poor language proficiency from Sheraton Staff.

New but not worth
I regretted choosing Sheraton Macao instead of other big brand hotels. Sheraton Macao should be a 5 star hotel, right? It charges 5 star hotel rates but gives 1 star experience. Maybe the hotel has a lot of rooms, that’s why the lobby is crowded with people (both staying at the hotel and those visiting the casinos). I feel like I was in a busy train station instead of a 5 star hotel. If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing stay, please do not pick this over-crowded hotel. Furthermore, free internet service should be very very common in a lot of places and hotels. It charges 5 star hotel rates, but no free wifi service is available at the room (even I am a SPG member). Staff at the front desk and concierge were not frinedly, they served us or answered our enquiry in a rush. We feel like they just wanted to get rid of us and send us away asap.

Unclear signage
The staff suggested us using the express check-out to save time. When we arrived the lobby in the morning, it took us quite some time to search for the express check-out counter. The express check-out counter was only a table with two staff. All the customers surrounded the table for checking-out. There was no queue and it was crowded as a wet market. We had no clue where to line up and everyone was pushing forward to the table. We have never expected such chaos took place in a Sheraton hotel.

The overall experience of our stay, from booking to checking-out, was disappointing. We definitely will not recommend this hotel to our friends.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jo l
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear jo l,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While we strive to provide the best service to our guests at Sheraton Macao Hotel, we are very disappointed to know that our service did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at our hotel.

We have noted your comments on the service standard of our associates as well as the set-up of the express check-out area, and your feedback have been shared with respective departments for further review and possible improvements. Additional training and guidelines will also be provided to our associates so to ensure we meet the Sheraton standard, and more importantly to meet our guests’ expectations.

For the usage of free Wi-Fi, guests can stay connected throughout their stay anywhere in the hotel, with complimentary high-speed Internet access in meeting rooms, public areas, and Sheraton Club Lounge. Also, we have Link@Sheraton(SM) experienced with Microsoft®, which is located in the hotel lobby lounge - Palms. Guests can surf the web on our terminal or bring their laptops for complimentary wireless broadband.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We highly appreciated your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do, and we hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

What an amazing experience.

We booked the Dream works package, and after speaking to the hotel in advance we were to have the most entertaining character breakfast upon arrival. Absolutely halarious 'Shrekfast' featuring all the Dream works characters, they wonder around and have pictures taken with you, as well as perform a mini show on the stage at the front. The breakfast food wasn't the best, mixture of Asian and western cuisine. The breakfast room is immactuely themed - Fiona's Castle. Very well decorated indeed. The breakfast can be for any age - families, couples or the more mature aged group. So much fun.

After arranging in advance, the hotel also had our room ready on arrival. This was a brilliant bonus as we arrived at 9am (we took the early ferry over from HK).

The room was amazing. Absolutely huge - they had a bath and a separate shower and his and her dual sinks, and a massive comfy king size bed.

The hotel complex was also brilliant. The big hotels and Casinos cleverly all link together (except the Galaxy) and you can easily wonder from one to the other through designer shopping stores.

The Sheraton also offers a free bus service to the Galaxy (and other hotels) and from the galaxy you can get free buses into Macao (we went to serdando square)

We loved Macao and wish we had booked and stayed longer. The Sheraton is amazingly priced, and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank chris2hall
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Chris H,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are delighted that your stay seems so perfect! Your feedback on Shrekfast food is truly appreciated and will be reviewed with relevant teams. We hope we will welcome you back soon to create another memorable stay for you.

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night. Efficient service. As SPG member I checked in at a special counter. The staff was courteous. Spacious room. Nice view. Nothing that disappointed me. Very good breakfast buffet spread. Noisy but expected at brekky time. Overall, a pleasant experience. Check out was hassel free. Good food. Good selection of wines at the bar. Direction to the Sky and Earth Towers can be better but did not pose a serious problem.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MKKA_WYK
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear MKKA_WYK,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with our service. Your enjoyable dining experience will encourage us to do even better. Meanwhile, we will also review your feedback on directions with relevant teams for further improvement. Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.