“Good Business Recovery”

Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
Ranked #18 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My initial experience with this hotel wasn't a good one. I asked the concierge for assistance to book tickets to a show and all I got as a reply was to book the tickets myself. This is certain a first for me. Bellagio (Vegas) and Conrad (Macao) do provide booking assistance to their hotel guests with preferred seating or special deals. I booked a 3 nights stay at the suites and do expect a little more attention from the hotel. An email was sent to the hotel to register my dissatisfaction and disappointment. I took the shuttle bus from the ferry terminal and alighted at the back of the hotel. There was a check-in desk which wasn’t impressive compared to the main reception at the front of the hotel. I understand that I could check-in at the lounge but was not shown the way. Mark helped with my luggage and was shown to my suite. He was helpful with making the necessary arrangement for my show and spa treatment. He even checked to see if another highly recommended show was available. I was upgraded to a bigger suite with additional TV room. The room is big with spacious toilet. Interesting thing to note is that this hotel does not provide evening turndown service as a standard. I requested for turndown service every night and housekeeping did a proper job replenishing the tea, coffee and toiletries, etc. The lounge is the biggest I have seen although it does not offer many food presentations throughout the day. Breakfast and evening “dinner” are served with snacks offered throughout the day. Cocktails are served in the evening. Min at the lounge provided good service as well. I left a MOP1000 at the hotel and Min arranged for that to be returned to me when I was already at the ferry terminal. The spa at Sheraton is better than that at Conrad. The therapist at Sheraton Shine Spa has better skills. The facilities at shine spa are also better with steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi. Conrad’s spa only has ensuite steam room.
Overall, my stay at Sheraton has been an enjoyable one. I will return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear PremiumTravel,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay here especially with our Deluxe Suite and Spa services. Your kind words about our associates will be shared with the team as it will encourage us to improve further. Regarding the show booking, we believe our Concierge team has explained certain constrains that we might have, and we do appreciate your understanding as well as your kind words to our team that tried their best to perfect your stay. Please feel free to get to our friendly associates during your next stay so we can create another memorable experience for you. Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Warm regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (5,649)

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I spent 3 days in sheraton macao and do not want to leave...since it was so GREAT!!! the hotel is very big big big!!! there are more than 3000 rooms. there are many ppl check in, however, the check in is high speed. they are very nice to offered me upper floor room which i enjoyed a nicer view. the room is clean and large. Housekepper came to clean up my room every day. i went to have breakfast in "Feast", there are many kinds of food can be chose. i like the food there and feel really satisfied!! it was a really wonderful trip and enjoyable stay, i would like to come back soon!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Largest Sheraton in the world (apparently) and it felt like it! Miles to walk to get to anything but once there - rooms nice enough with good bathroom but disappointing view of construction sites. Pools amazing, restaurants surprisingly good quality. Business centre is miles away and not worth it. Access to other casinos good but very far from downtown/colonial centre.

Very smoky air quality (as are all casinos); smoke spreads and bleeds into all areas of the hotel. most unpleasant.

Lots of staff throughout and especially good service in the Club Room.

Room Tip: Try for a pool view. And a room near the elevator is it is a serious hike to the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear 988ontheroad,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you had a relaxing stay here and enjoyed the Club service, hotel facilities and dining. We understand room view could play an important part of a perfect trip, do try out our Cotai View room category next time for a guaranteed stunning Cotai Strip view! We might not be as close as some other properties in terms of proximity to the Macau peninsula, Sheraton Macao is very close to Coloane and Taipa, with a lot of choices of restaurants and options around the Cotai Strip too. Please be rest assured that your feedback regarding air quality will be shared with relevant teams for improvement. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that we will provide you another relaxing stay in the near future.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Honestly, we didn't really enjoy the Cotai strip at all, shopping and gambling isn't our sort of holiday - we only went for one night to have a look around Cotai but really just to have access to old town Macau. Everything on Cotai is completely soul-less, distances to get anywhere are huge because everything has been built on a seriously large scale; maybe that helps with the volume of guests in high season - but I can only imagine it would be a horrendous place to be if everywhere was full. Off season, it was just like walking around a big almost empty shopping mall.
Nothing new for casinos but they all seem to allow smoking which is just downright unpleasant for non-smokers like us, so we didn't stop to spend in any of them.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 9swampy,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that venues surrounding Sheraton Macao Hotel were not the perfect match to your style of vacation. We hope you still had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed our rooms and facilities. If you are looking for great places to explore, Sheraton Macao Hotel is very close to Coloane and Taipa with a lot of choices of local restaurants and some of the famous cultural and historical sites in Macau. Do stay in touch with us on our websites or get to our friendly Concierge to know more so you can maximize your future staying experience. We hope we could welcome you back in the future and hear from you again seeing more of Macau.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed a few nights break at the sheraton, the bedrooms are nice and spacious. It's in a good location for the shops and has links to the Venetian and the four seasons. There is a heated outdoor swimming pool which was very nice. The hotels Italian restaurant was very good, serving tasty homemade pasta. I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013

Dear Sambarts,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed our rooms, our Italian restaurant Bene and found our location convenient. Thank you for your review and we look forward to perfecting your next stay again.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

They was very nice and help me to arrange everything....the best of the best hotel, thanks hotel Manager and staff again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights there as a weekend break to see the Taboo show as all other hotels nearby were fully booked for the boxing fight. Hotel rooms are nice enough and service is ok. Swimming pool and gym are hard to find if ok. However the lobby lost in the casino with throngs of people checking in and out at all times, smoking cigarettes inside and the rest, plus the very confusing layout of the ground floor and the long queues at breakfast are NOT ok for a 4 star hotel. Thank god we had the SPG card so had some advantages and took refuge in City of Dreams across the road . Would not stay here again ...

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear lauradezil,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the room and service though we are sorry to hear that your experience was not perfect due to the busy weekend with multiple happenings in the Cotai Strip. Thank you for your comments on the directions to our venues, we will share with relevant departments for further improvement. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that we could have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.