“Very enjoyable Sheraton Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
Ranked #19 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable Sheraton Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and myself( along with our Daughter and Partner) stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights during out trip to Hong Kong.

We caught the complimentary shuttle bus from the port, arriving approx 2 hours before the stated check-in time. I was very pleased that our room was ready early and we quickly checked-in. My Daughter and her Partner were also staying for the 2nd two nights and I was very impressed that the receptionist arranged their room at the same time as I booked in, ensuring that their room was very near to ours. We found all the staff very friendly and helpful, the concierge went out of her way to help us with directions and came with us to the taxi to inform the driver of the restaurant address,

The room was a really good size ( infact it was bigger than my Daughters 2 bed HK apartment !! ). We had 2 queen size beds that were so comfy, it was very clean and slippers and gowns were provided.

The bathroom contained everything you could require, and was also very spacious.

The pool areas were excellent, plenty of chairs and quiet areas where you could sit, there were also cabanas which came in very handy when it rained a little.

The shopping mall was really fun to look around, and being attatched to other hotels by a walkway gave us easy access to explore further.

When we return to Macau we will certainly stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: We were in the sky tower in a high floor, lovely room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suziuno
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear suziuno,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you and your family have enjoyed the stay at Sheraton Macao Hotel. Thank you for your kind words on our facilities and service provided, we have shared the positive feedback with our associates. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward welcoming you back in future.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Thanks for my kids great birthday! I stayed here for 2 nights they upgraded my family to a family suite. My son loved the room. The service of the hotel was great. Good location. Good food. Great pillows. Go to 'Yum Cha' a Chinese restaurant there. It was excellent. Loved the cake you gave my son, made his day. Great shops in Cotai Sands. The pools are great. Very efficient shuttle buses. Would definitely be back for my sons birthday next year!

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view! Its awesome!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed with Sheraton Hotel, Cotai, Macau several times during this summer vacation. Generally the hotel is nice to stay. However on one occasion there was trouble during the check-in in which the reception counter staff spent long time in identifying my booking. They asked me a lot of questions to verify. Subsequently I checked with my wife (accompanying me but who was not allowed to enter into the queue for check-in) and found that the last time booking was done in her name which I mistaken it was booked under my name. On reflection, the trouble might be avoided if the hotel can review its existing procedure to restrict only one person to queue up for performing check-in. Though I understand the hotel aims to minimize the number of guests waiting in the queue by such restriction, it may not be the best way and should instead find some ways to expedite the check-in process.

Another incident was the electronic door key was out of order when I returned to hotel late night after dinner and sightseeing in the town. This I learn from reviews made by other travellers to this hotel, it is not an isolated incident and has happened before. This should be improved.

One thing the hotel did listen to my advice. Previously there was only one toilet paper roll in the washing room. Though as the hotel claims guests may at any time when the tissue is exhausted ring up the staff to replace, everyone knows how inconvenient it is when you do not feel well and cannot wait for it. It is after my suggestion to the hotel and when I stayed at the hotel again, I found it had provided a spare toilet paper roll in the washing room. This I appreciate.

So next time when you stay in this hotel, you may discover there is a spare toilet paper roll there. Cheers!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear KLChung,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and your family during the stay. We have shared your suggestions with relevant team for further review and possible improvement. Your feedback is very important for us as it helps us to improve our service to meet client's expectation. Once again, thank you for staying with us. Trust we will provide better service during your next visit.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed one night at the Sheraton Macau to go to The House of Dancing Water with my family. We booked a Family Suite. The Family Suite is two interconnecting rooms permanently set up with one side having a King bed and the other with a kid's bunk bed, child-themed furniture, a TV and a Nintendo Wii.

The room set up is excellent and my kids loved having their own room, even though I expected them at 14, 11 and 9 to be a bit old for the kiddie decor. The parents' room is also well appointed with a comfortable bed and nice red-themed decor which is not in any way child themed.

The hotel itself is the usual Cotai strip Casino-fueled nightmare, but that is the Cotai Strip and all the hotels in this area suffer from this. If you want quiet, old-school Macau head to the Westin in Coloane.

The pool area is a bit pokey but a couple of the small pools are heated which makes it easier to use it in cooler months with the kids.

The benefits include easy access to all of the hotels in Cotai and their restaurants, a short walk to City of Dreams to get to the House of Dancing Water and plenty of shops to browse. The negatives are the hoards of package tourists, many of whom appear to be on their first ever holiday, which does take some getting used to. My children liked the room so much that they were happy to hide out there instead of wandering around being jostled by the package tourists.

The hotel is good value relative to the rest of the Cotai hotels. As long as you know what you are in for staying in the Cotai Strip then the Sheraton is a good choice.

Room Tip: The Family Suites are a clever idea tht works really well.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Liam M,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to know that you and your family had a good stay with us. Did you meet the "DreamWorks" gangs at our hotel? We are having DreamWorks Experience package at this moment, including Shreakfast, DreamWorks All-Star Parade...Hope we will welcome you back soon to create another memorable stay to you.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

the newly open Sheraton Macao have everything to offer. SPG Members only check-in counters, next to a shopping mall, lots of restaurant outlets, everything... Unfortunately, after wandering the streets of Macau, there is no oasis of quietness in any part of the hotel expect in your own room to wind down. It is the biggest Sheraton with 3,896 rooms in Asia's Las Vegas!

The Club Lounge is a feeding ground. When the pre-dinner drinks start, comes flocks of people eating and then off to their gambling stations. No sense of calmness at all. Suggestion: maybe offer a special lounge for your Platinum members only?

Other than that, nothing much to fault this new property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel rooms were very nice - clean and comfortable. The service at the hotel was also generally very good (with some execptions, explained further below). The woman at conceirge who helped us was SO nice and helpful. We wanted to find out how to get from the hotel into the city to see the sights, and she gave us 2 options, showed us on the map how to get the free shuttles from the other hotels, and gave us a free guide to Macau and some recommendations on what to see. You could tell she enjoyed her job and was really happy to help us, which always makes a difference.
Me and my husband tried out the room service, which was suprisingly good - the burger my husband ordered was amazing, and the staff who brought our cart in was super nice. The spa at the hotel was also really nice - good massage and nice rooms - only thing is that they either don't have or we weren't offered the use of any steam room or sauna, which would have been a nice touch.

Ok the negatives. The hotel is FREEZING!! It was over 30 degrees celcius outside but we had to bundle up with jumpers inside since they blast the aircon on. But this seems to be how all the hotels in Macau seem to run - freezing cold! If you come to this hotel, you have to bring a sweater.
Breakfast was awful!! Breakfast was included in our package, and when we checked in the receptionist told us that we were to have breakfast each morning at the Feast. So the first morning we get to the Feast at about 8:45 a.m., and the line is huge! It goes all the way around the corner. One of the hotel staff starts herding people waiting in line to one of the ballrooms upstairs where they've set up another breakfast buffet, telling people that they wouldn't have to wait in line. Since half the people went upstairs we decided to stick it out and wait in line at the Feast. After waiting 15 minutes, we finally get to the front of the line and handed the staff our breakfast "coupons", but were told by the staff that these "coupons" were for the ballroom upstairs and not for the Feast. We were pretty annoyed since the receptionist had told us to go to the Feast, and also didn't understand why the staff couldn't just let us eat at the Feast since we'd been waiting in line - it was clear that they were moving people who were meant to eat at the Feast to the ballroom, so no idea why they couldn't make an exception for us. When we finally got upstairs to the ballroom, there was another huge line. We ended up waiting for 40 minutes!!! I felt bad for the older guests and those with babies who had to stand in line for ages - none of the staff offered them any chairs to sit on whilst waiting.

When we finally got into the ballroom the breakfast was definitely not worth the wait - one of the WORST breakfasts ever. There was a general lack of breakfast options and the food was cold.

To be fair, there was no breakfast line when we went the next day (most people had properly checked out by then), but the breakfast food was still not great.

However, other than the bad breakfast experience, I would still recommend staying at the hotel if you just wanted to get away for a weekend. It is well situated within walking distance to other hotels like the City of Dreams and Venetian, and it is easy to get one of the free shuttles at the other hotels to take you into the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KLee13
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and found our convenient location beneficial.

Regarding your breakfast experience at our hotel, we have shared your feedback with respective departments for further review and improvement. Additional training and guidelines will also be provided to our associates so to ensure we meet the Sheraton standard, and more importantly to meet our guests’ expectations.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience we have caused you. We highly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for one night when we went to Macau for a concert. While I'm impressed with the room, everything else seems to have gone downhill from there. We were told at reception that we get free wi-fi service in our room, but apparently that wasn't the case, as we keep getting this pop-up message saying we need to pay in order to use the wi-fi. Needless to say, we couldn't use wi-fi during our stay at the hotel. Not something I expected from a 5-star hotel.

Ordering room service was another disaster. They told us our food would arrive within 40 minutes after we placed the order, but we had to wait for over an hour. When we call to check, the staff acted as if he did not even receive our order in the first place (then hung up on us). We finally had to call again, and this time another staff told us it's on the way ("going up the elevator"). It was a bit frustrating for us because we were almost late for the concert due to the late room service. When we got back from the concert, we noticed the room service cart hasn't been cleared out. Once again, we tried calling for someone to clear out the cart, but instead of directing us to the right department, we keep getting voice messages and advertisements on the phone. It's as if all the operators are off-duty after 11pm. My friend and I had to wheel the cart out by ourselves in the end. Definitely NOT something I expected from a 5 star hotel.

It's really a shame about the service quality, since I quite like the hotel atmosphere, as well as the restaurants and bars (particularly Bene, the Italian restaurant). Hopefully there will be an improvement should I ever choose to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While we strive to provide the best service to our guests at Sheraton Macao Hotel, we are very disappointed to know that our service did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at our hotel.

We have shared your feedback with respective departments for further review and improvement. Additional training and guidelines will also be provided to our associates so to ensure we meet the Sheraton standard, and more importantly to meet our guests’ expectations.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We highly appreciated your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do, and we hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.