Was there for one night on 5 Sept 2013.
Great hotels have great concierge, and this applies to Sheraton Macau. Totally agree with another reviewer here that Sheraton Macau has a 7-star concierge. To the hotel, please continue to maintain the high level of service in your concierge team.
Pre-trip, I emailed the reservations team to forward my email to their concierge team (strangely no concierge email address on their website) to make a restaurant reservation, and 1 hour later, I got an email from Concierge saying it's done. Fast response, great service.
We reached Sheraton at 10.30 am for early check-in, no queue, so check-in was fast. We asked for early check-in (i.e. then and there). I didn't have much hope as 99% other hotels would have turned us down, but we got the room (Yes!!!!) due to room availability. Fantastic start to our day!
Concierge team was really great and helpful, and one lady (sorry didn't get her name) gave us restaurant recommendations.
Room was comfortable, clean and spacious. Nothing more to ask for, though many things (i.e. kettle) are hidden in drawers, so have to pull out all drawers if looking for something. I love their fluffy slippers.
In the Sands Cotai complex comprising of Sheraton and Conrad, there is a Koufu (Singapore?) food court on level 3, although the prices there are not low, comparable to some restaurant prices even. Wide variety of food there, a more pleasant dining experience due to less crowd. We tried 4 stalls there, and the food is ok (compared to the awful food at Venetian Hotel food court. ok, I tried 2 stalls there before, both were awful).
What I like about its location (besides shuttle buses and walking distance to Venetian) is that it's across the road from City of Dreams, so it was super convenient for us to walk there for House of Dancing Water show, and walk back easily after the show, cos I wasn't sure how safe it is to take a cab at night.
2 reasons why I didn't rate it Excellent:
(1) The reading light above the bed, assuming it's reading light. It's too strong a spotlight from above shining down at the head of the bed, and it's hot. Can't use the reading light. And the lights in the room are a bit dim. There's a big, full-length mirror (love it) opposite the bathroom door, but when bathroom door is closed and all room lights are on, it's so dim you can't see your own face clearly in the mirror......
(2) Wifi in the room costs $$
Overall, I find that it's good value for money, and wish I had more time to relax in the room. Sheraton Macau is a good choice for when you don't want to face the less-than-ideal condition of a budget hotel room and don't want to pay the high room rates of Venetian and similar hotels. Will definitely consider Sheraton again when back in Macau.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central is the largest hotel in Macao with 4,001 well-appointed guestrooms and suites. It is also Starwood Hotels & Resorts’ largest hotel and Sheraton Club worldwide. Spread over two towers (‘Sky’ and ‘Earth’), Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central offers three signature restaurants, a lively lobby lounge, extensive function space, Shine Spa for Sheraton, three outdoor swimming pools and a new holistic approach to fitness with Sheraton Fitness. With its central location, modern facilities and friendly world-class service, Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central is your ideal choice to experience the diverse and colorful culture of this unique city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.