“first class experience in macau” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
Ranked #19 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Hong Kong
“first class experience in macau”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family and I just returned from 4 days in Macau, at the new Sheraton. The hotel is beautifully designed, luxurious yet comfortable, with great health club/spa, and great happy hour/breakfast facility (we opted to buy the SPG Club option). But what was the icing on the cake was the really good, warm, personal, attentive service of the Sheraton staff. It rained the entire time we were there over Easter, but there is lots to do nearby - in the hotel, the adjoining malls and other hotels (Venetian, COD) - or the casino, if that is your interest.

Room Tip: Sheraton has 2 towers - the Earth tower is the newer one, but the Sky tower is closer to the mall an...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I must have stayed in almost all venues in Macau already. What I really liked is that this is a new property and not as 'used' as other properties on the Cotai Strip. Still, you have easy access to the adjoining properties and a nice 3 storey shopping area. The Hotel has over 3800 rooms now and sometimes checks in over 3000 people a day according to the front desk staff, but it is the second time I stayed and never noticed! There is staff to great you right away and everyone is most forthcoming. It feels like you are checking into a regular hotel and not such a massive behemoth.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new tower facing Cotai Strip are the only ones with a view - if that is what you are lo...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear TCDHK,

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and found our convenient location beneficial.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sentosa Island, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

One of te Best Hotel to stay in Macau, step into the lobby, to queue for checkin, here the staff will waved you over the moment to any of their counters that are free. I was approached by one of the them and was asked if I'm a member of SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) I replied I was, even though knowing that my SPG may expired in time history. Never the lss I was directed to the SPG checkin, this where the fun being, a Portuguese born Macau young beautiful receptionist check me in, giving her my passport and hotel booking, she finished my checkin in less and in comfortable time. She even checked into my email address and retrieved my SPG membership number and issued a temporary card for me to enjoy the privileges in the hotel and guiding me through all the outlets that offer discounts from eateries and the shopping arcades. This is what I call services without asking for, keep up the good working Sheraton, you will be the Top In Macau.

Also, I have to commended a Filipino receptionist who was very helpful and her disposition leaves a very good impression on me and my guests (golfers) though she doesn't have to extend our late checkout for us. All these helpful gestures by the front office check-in really makes the day for all of us (8 golfers) who had more fun golfing in Macau Golf & Country Club.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked a 2 night stay at this hotel about a month in advance. Paid up front for a hell of a deal...just a bit over $100 CAD a night for their cheapest room. Upon arrival, we decided to grade to the Sheraton Club which included access to their club lounge (killer deal, includes breakfast, snacks and drinks all day plus 2 hours of all you can drink! from 5:30pm to 7:30pm) upgraded room on higher floor all for $500 HKD a night. We were travelling with a 3 year old so the convenience of breakfast in house and snacks all day is a major selling point. Walking distance to the Venetian and the City of Dreams. Very new hotel so everything in the room was in tip top shape, great bathroom, great house keeping, zero complaints other then that the staff is a little bit inexperienced but no biggie. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any pool parties scheduled, it could be a bit noisy if its held outdoors and could...
Dear bigbunny360,

We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel with your family.

We offer various special promotions and packages on our official website from time to time, feel free to have a look when you plan for your next trip to Macau.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

The World
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

After having read all of the very positive reviews about the Sheraton Macau, I was really looking forward to our stay. However, I return home rather disasppointed by the who experience.

The hotel is new and as such it looks great. I have no complaints about the "hardware" (ok, I have one, which I will mention below). The hotel rooms are adequately sized, if not very large. The facilities are all very good. The bed is extremely comortable and I slept very well both nights we were there. The bathroom was large and had all of the essential facilties. The toilet itself was slow to fill after use and a little noisy, but no big deal. The only issue I have with the room is the soundproofing to the corridor. The door is very thin and basically you can hear everything that goes on in the hallway. Every footsetp, every word, every child running and screaming at all hours of the day and night can be heard. At times you had to wonder if the people were in your room with you. It made for restless nights as it seems the hotel never quietens down. That aside, everything else in the room was fine, and it presents fair value for money.

The bigger issue is with the staff. The check in lady we had was quite simply awful. She was unaccomodating and every simple question was met with a "not possible" reply. Rooms on the same floor ? No. Interconnecting rooms ? Impossible. We spent a long time at check in to get no where. Some training on delivering "bad news" is definately required. Also I was shocked to have a calculator thrust in my face whilst the lady screamed at me that this is the amount we had to pay. As we were checking in, I was rather confused but it turns out they hold the full amount on your credit card. Not an issue, but I never had anyone in any hotel anywhere ever do this to me. It was extremely low class and made me feel rather like a criminal who was going to run away before paying their bill.

The hotel is busy. Do not have any illusions of a quiet weekend away. The pool is not very attractive, but I guess no-one goes there for the pool. We were there on a busy weekend (Easter), but the sheer volume of people was quite overwhelming.

There are better hotels in Macau. The Wynn is far more relaxing, the Grand Lisboa is totally manic, so you can take your pick depending on what you want.

Would I stay at the Sheraton Macau again ? Probably not. For this level of hotel I would rather recommend the Galaxy hotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear barbene,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While we strive to provide the best service to our guests at Sheraton Macao Hotel, we are very disappointed to know that our service did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at our hotel.

Regarding the soundproofing of the door, we have shared your feedback with related department for further review. We also provide additional training and guidelines to our associates so to ensure we meet the Sheraton standard, and more importantly to meet our guests’ expectations.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We highly appreciated your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do, and we hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

After living in macau for six years prior to this visit we were tempted to stay at the lapa (old mandarin) or at city of dreams from previous experience. When we were searching by price we were surprised that the Sheraton popped up for such a reasonable rate so we quickly booked. Frankly, we weren't let down either. The front of house staff was probably the best I've ever seen and wanting to help with every need from the moment we showed up to the time we left. The room was very nice and clean but the view was not spectacular. The linen was suburb and the housecleaning was spot on every time. We played in the casino a bit too and seemed to be reasonably set with some popular games scattered through out the floor. If there was one complaint it would be the temperature set to freezing in the casino, lobby, and surrounding restaurants. Speaking of restaurants we tried Xin as recommended by a couple of our local friends and it was fantastic. The restaurant named Dim Sum was average but the service was great.

Overall, a great visit and happy we stayed here for our seven day visit.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed for one night in a family suite which was sold as Romantic package and upon checking i was made aware of it. Te suite was great since it consisted of two rooms and one was completely redone for kids and my kids loved it. They enjoyed the entertainment program of the hotel and the pools. Nice place and good food avaiable. Great weekend trip