“Sheraton living up to its Standards.......”

Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
Ranked #18 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and it has been a very comfortable stay. Location is great as you can just take the overhead escalator bridge to Venetian giving you more choice of shopping and photo opportunities. I found the service especially the Concierge and the front desk to be the best I've experienced in Macao considering I stayed at Venetian a few years back plus other lower star hotels like Holiday Inn, Sintra, Metropole all downtown. I love the bed and the pillow the most in my room and the shower was great too with powerful and hot enough water supply. Room for improvement.....toiletries (wrapped in plastic like those in 3 star hotels) and security. We experienced a lady security who literally shouted at us as we were walking down the drive way ramp in front of the lobby to walk outside. She insist that we walk back up the lobby and say that we will cause her to lose her job??!! In Mandarin which I don't really understand but my husband do. She can't converse in English at all. The supervisor or duty manager (can't remember her name) is worthy of mention as she did not hesitate to extend our check- out from 11am to 3pm after learning we had a late flight to catch.....
I would have also rated cleanliness as excellent if I did not find a used toothbrush on the vanity area.....

• Stayed: January 2013
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear LaiLaiLing,

Thank you for taking the time to review.

We are pleased to know you are fond of our hotel as well as the service rendered by our Concierge and Front Desk associates. Your feedback regarding the security lady is well received, we will share your feedback with the Security team for investigation and to avoid the similar situation happen again.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (5,800)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel's staffs were very friendly and helpful. They will greet the guest whenever you passes them or they passes you. We booked 3 rooms for our stay in the hotel. The rooms was quite spacious even with an extra bed in it. The beds were comfortable, amenities in the room were good. If I were to compare the room with Sofitel Ponte16 which we stayed last year, I would say the Sofitel room's interior and bathroom were better. But the location and bus shuttles of Sheraton's were very much better. This is the only hotel we've experienced, whenever you request for coffees, water or whatever you need they would ask you how many you need unlike some other hotels. We enjoyed our stay here and will be back again. Highly recommended to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear c_ronal7,

We are glad to know that you had a memorable stay with us. Your encouraging feedback prompts us to continue providing excellent service to our guests.

We surely look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I work in Macao now and my relatives and friends often visit me year round.

Over the last 10 years, I stayed in many 5 stars hotels such as Wynn, MGM or Mandarin Oriental etc., .but I very disappointed for their service, since I don't speak Manadrin and most of their staffs from operator to counter lobby speak Manadrin ONLY !!! ( Since when I chatted with them in Cantonese or English, they don't get my point at all....... , trust me, you have this comments over in Macao hotel often. :-)))) )

Sheraton provided the best service I ever seen. The staff always takes care of guest. For example, for my first visit of it, I went with my parents with age over 70's. We have a room located faraway from elevator serivce. I called the Manager on duty and he immd. look after my room on a busy weekend.. After an hour, new room relocated and the keys are ready at lobby. After 2 weeks, my parents chose to staying at Sheraton again, and the hotel already reserved the same room with very closed access to elevator. The management teams are are very thoughtful , I have never seen such service in Macao before. I highly recommend this hotel to my friends.

Moreover, hotel has a flyover bridge to Venetian shopping center. Very convenience for senior and kids entertainment.

This Hotel is GREAT !!!

Room Tip: Since rooms are always occupied, if you willing to check in earlier, contact Hotel before your arriv...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Josephine K,

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write us this important review. Your satisfaction means a lot to us and we’re pleased to know that you and your parents were well taken care of during the stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon to bring you another memorable stay in Macau.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a little snag with check-in-----even though we had a receipt for booking thru Sheraton.com, it took almost 20 minutes to get our room----that tells me hotels need better software to check for availability! Other than that snafu, everything else was perfect---we've never seen a place where EVERYONE extends themselves like this! Thanks for a great time!

Room Tip: (Make sure you work towards the gold status with SPG----great rooms for Starwood Pref'd Guests!)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jeanann J,

Thank you for your review to us. We are glad to know you had a memorable stay with us. Your feedback regarding the check-in process is well received. We have reflected your feedback with our Front Desk team for review and possible improvement to provide high quality service to customers like you.

We all look forward to welcoming your return very soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Sheraton was recommended to me by a colleague and he did not promise too much. Me and my friends really enjoyed the stay and were welcomed by Asian hospitality and friendliness. The check-in went smooth (the personnel spoke good English) and we were upgraded to a suite to one of the top floors. This might be due to my Platinum Preferred Guest membership status ;-). The room interior is of a high-class 5-star standard and the view was quite nice – nothing to complain about. The only thing in the room that confused me a bit was the complicated lights control. You could find an armada of light switches in every room with a range of different configurations (night light, day light configuration, etc.), which made it quite complicated to switch off all lights from the bed at night.
We had to wonder around the rooms a couple of times to figure that out.
Even though the Sheraton Macau is one of the biggest Hotels in Macau, you don’t feel as if you were in such a big hotel. The service is very friendly and you can really feel as if you were at home. Since Macau has different power plugs than Switzerland has, we needed to order power plug adapters from the room service to charge our Laptops, iPhones, etc. The room service was very friendly and just asked us, how many adapters we would need and brought them right away – free of charge of course! We even ordered some drinks to the room in the middle of the night, which was no problem at all.
The hotel has everything to offer. Especially the Club Lounge with its friendly service was well organized and a hide away from hectic Macau. There we regularly went for breakfast in the mornings, of course only when we made it in the morning after a long night of Gin Tonics & Beer ;-) The lobby bar “Palms” is also quite nice, since you feel like sitting in a rainforest, even though you are just a couple hundred meters away from thousands of slot machines or the well known Cotai Strip. When you are into gambling, you can gamble all night long within the hotel property. You also find a broad selection of high-class shopping outlets and a broad selection of restaurants of all kinds.
The location of the hotel is right in the heart of Cotai Strip, in walking distance to all main attractions. For me the Sheraton Macau is the perfect base for a stay in Macau. In addition, you can also collect SPG Points and work on your SPG status ;-).

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sven G

Dear Sven G,

Thank you so much for your compliments. It's our pleasure to hear that you had a relaxing time at Club Lounge and Palms, our lobby lounge, and enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel. Also thank you for bringing our attention on the light control, we will reflect your feedback to relative department for evaluation and seek for possible improvement.

We look forward to your return again!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Travelled with extended family and stayed at this relatively new hotel in December just before the Christmas period. Was glad that we took the club rooms as the main lobby was undeniably chaotic with casinos, group movements and tourists!
The club provided for check-in at their lounge, which by far is one of the biggest, most equipped (F&B-wise) executive club lounge I have experienced! Service there is prompt and efficient, aside from the initial arrival luggage delivery which took over an hour to arrive. Breakfast is full-service and so is cocktails and canapes in the evenings. Absolutely fantastic!
We were totally blown away by the family room which we had reserved as it came with adjoining kids room - fully decked out in kids friendly furniture, TV with Wii, kids amenities and bunk beds!
Only peeve is that certain elevators serves certain floors which means confusion and inconvenience when travelling with multiple rooms located on different floors.
Overall, a wonderful experience as long as we distant ourselves from the masses down in the main lobby!

Room Tip: If you're travelling with kids/toddlers, best to request a room nearer to the lift lobby as the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Muchadoaboutnothing,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Macao Hotel and it's our pleasure to know you had a fun-filled experience with your family at our Family Suite. Also thank you for bringing our attention on the elevators signage, we have shared your comments with relative team for review and possible improvement on the signage to avoid confusion.

We definitely look forward to your return when you visit Macau again!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

brand new hotel and reasonable price! have shuttle bus to Galaxy and you can go every side of Macau from Galaxy too! We have a very clean room and very quiet place to relax again ! i been there in 25-26 Oct 12, they give me HKD200 coupon to spend in their restaurant, i visit there again in 24-25 Jan 13, they give me HKD 200 coupon again, i really appreciate with that! i will vist there again on 28-29 March 13, because the restaurant is very good!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Lau Y,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Macao Hotel. We are pleased to know that you had a great time at our hotel and restaurants . Your encouraging feedback prompts us to continue providing excellent service to our guests.

We do look forward to your return in March for another memorable stay.