Lowest prices for your stay
Sheraton.com
$211
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/02/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$116
View deal
Prestigia.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
7,920 results
All reviews sky tower earth tower guest service ambassador feast restaurant the club lounge family suite cotai strip other hotels executive suite huge hotel long queue express check ferry terminal checking in hong kong free shuttle late check
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel is located in the new section of the "vegas-like" strip. It is located only a 10 minute free shuttle ride from the Hong Kong or Kowloon Ferry terminals. The hotel is very large and has the vibe of an upscale Vegas hotel but in a nicer location. Common areas are bright and clean and staff is very friendly, helpful and quite fluent in English. The hotel rooms are modern, comfortable and very clean. There are several lovely pool areas, lots of restaurants and great shopping right in the hotel complex... or you can cross the street and shop at one of the other hotel/casino complexes. The buffet breakfast is excellent with a wide selection of international breakfast options. It is worth getting the package that includes breakfast. Be sure to take in a show particularly the House of Dancing Waters cirque type show at the City of Dreams complex just across the street from this hotel. We stayed over New Years and the hotel hosted a free party by the pool for guests that included free gourmet nibblies, entertainment and an outstanding fireworks show. A trip to town (Sinta) is a must and is only a 15 minute trip via the free shuttle. Be sure to sample the "egg tarts"! We only stayed 2 nights since we were touring China but but would have liked to stay longer. An excellent location to vacation whether you are travelling alone or with friends and family.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao, Cotai Strip, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear cherylctravels,

Thanks for staying at Sheraton Macao Hotel. We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and enjoyed the destination as well. We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful time at our hotel, and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Once again, we appreciated your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful. We asked for early check-in at 10am and was given our rooms, which were big, nice and clean. Location of hotel is within walking distance to all the other hotels in that area. In fact, if you are in Macau for a short trip only, there are enough shopping, restaurants and entertainment within this area and you do not have to travel further.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao, Cotai Strip, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Shiwaigaoren,

We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and enjoyed the convenient location within Sands Cotai Central. We surely look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have booked two rooms for me and my family during the festive period. The area was very packed and filled with tourists, afterall it is newly opened.

We arrived rather early and went ahead for check-in. I understand that early check-in was upon availabililty so they were kind enough to offer me my first room but without bathtub. I thought it was okay as my elderly grandparents won't be using it anyways. Upon entering the room, it was very spacious and when I opened the bathroom door, I saw handles and immediately I knew it was an accessible room. Well, since its for the elderly, so I did not mind. In the late afternoon, I went ahead to pickup keys for my 2nd room, and upon entering, I immediately knew it was the same room type as my grandparents, an accessible room again and was not informed about it for the 2nd room. Not really a big issue but it's actually not the room type I booked originally. Anyways, I had to change the room keys a few times as it not work. Kudos the the housekeeping team as the rooms very made well and clean. The beds were comfortable but were only given two pillows on a double bed, which I assumed usually its 4. Breakfast was fantastic as there were lots of choices and really big dining area due the the hotel size. Service wise overall was great except one point to note... unlike the usual standard, during checkout my bill wasn't placed in an envelope and presented to me (just a folded bill), first time after staying in many hotels.

Anyways, I will be returned in a few months time and will be heading to Sheraton Hong Kong after few nights. Hope my return visit is well worth.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank nivla83

Dear nivla83,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Macao Hotel. Your feedback is extremely important as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. Moreover, thank you for bringing to our attention on check-in/out and housekeeping services, we have shared your feedback with the respective department for review and improvement. Additional training and guidelines will be provided to our associates to ensure we meet the Sheraton standards, and more importantly to meet our guests’ expectations.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel about our services. We appreciate your stay and truly want to make your experience as pleasant as possible. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel. Prior to our arrival, we received an e-mail from a guest services agent asking us if they could be of any assistance. This really impressed us and we were expecting great things from the property. We arrived late at the ferry terminal and took the free coach to the hotel. We were the only guests at check-in, yet it took an absolute age to be assigned our room. The staff was poorly trained and did not understand how SPG Cash and Points works. It must have taken at least 25 minutes to give us our room keys. Throughout the entire experience nobody explained to us what was happening and given that I don't speak Chinese was completely unsure what was happening. Then came the nightmare with the lifts. They simply do not have enough lifts to move the number of guests. The room was beautiful and the bed very comfortable. There was an excellent range of TV channels and tea and coffee making facilities. Unfortunately, our room overlooked many air-conditioning units and was very noisy. Furthermore, the area that the hotel is in is still being developed. Therefore the view from the room was that of a building site.

The hotel contains a casino, which is perfect for those guests wishing to gamble. However, for those who want to see the sights in Macau, it's not really the place to stay. It is a bus ride from the centre and buses do not begin until after 11am. The concierge team was very helpful and gave us lots of maps and timetables etc.

Upon departure, the lifts were again a huge source of frustration. We had two large cases and the lifts were constantly full. It took such a long time to get to the lobby. Check-out was quick and efficient but the one thing that did annoy me was that the guest services agent on duty wanted to discuss my issues at check-in with me even though we were in a rush to go for lunch. If this hotel was really interested in customers' experiences, surely they could have responded during our stay and not when we're trying to leave the hotel. When we tried to go to lunch, we were again stopped by some employee who wished to 'discuss' our experience. When we then later returned to the hotel to pick up our cases to go to the ferry terminal, we were once again hassled by an employee wanted to 'regain our confidence' given our bad experience upon check-in. There needs to be some serious staff training at this hotel and staff need to be aware of how to liase with customers i.e. understand what the problem is rather than asking me to repeat myself a number of times. Staff should also consider that check-out is probably not the best time to try and discuss service issues with guests.

In conclusion, bigger hotels are not necessarily better. This may be the biggest Sheraton in the world but it really lacked good service and that personal touch. I could not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank UKonthego
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao, Cotai Strip, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear UKonthego,

Thank you for staying at our hotel, and we highly appreciate your valuable feedback. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at our hotel. We agree that the high standards of our services were not met in this instance.

We have investigated the incidents that had happened during your stay. We are taking every possible action to make sure that similar incidents will not re-occur to other guests, and that our services will be improved. We would like to assure you that additional training and guidelines will be provided to our associates to ensure we meet the Sheraton standards, and more importantly to meet our guests’ expectations.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are grateful for your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do, and we hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Nice hotel in new area of Macau, very typical of the large Vegas style hotels. Rooms were large and nicely set out. Really nice bathroom with large, deep bath perfect for a soak after all the walking.My only complaint was that we had booked a deal that included breakfast,shows and a free ferry ride but we were told none of this at checkin so missed out on all that! However we got a late check out (3pm) at no extra charge. Staff very helpful and friendly, all in all a good stay. I didn't eat at the hotel, if you want a really good meal in Macau take a cab to Fernando's...outstanding!

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank amdj100

Dear amdj100,

Thank you very much for staying at Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central. We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful time at our hotel, and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us.

Regarding your complaint about our associate not informing you the details of your package, we apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We agree that the high standards of our services were not met in this instance. We have shared your complaint to respective department for further improvement. Additional training and guidelines will be provided to the associates to ensure we meet the Sheraton standards, and more importantly to meet our guests’ expectations.

Once again, we highly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.