“Overall a pleasant experience”

Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed overnight with my folks. We were greeted by friend staff at check-in who ensure all our requests were attended to. The hotel is well connected with lots of malls and restaurants nearby. The only short-coming is that free shuttle to other areas of Macau is locate a street away from the hotel. The breakfast spread was good but quality is not to the Conrad,HK standard. Room is spacious with good range of coffee to choose. Ventilation in the bathroom is a little poor hence one may need to keep the bathroom door open to "clear the air".

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Lily C,

I am delighted that you had a pleasant experience at Conrad Macao. Thank you for your review and very nice remark about our team members. They are indeed dedicated to provide intuitive and personalized service to each and every guest. I appreciate your feedback about your breakfast experience and would like to take the opportunity to find out how we could have served you better to exceed your expectations. I can be contacted at meridith.beaujean@conradhotels.com.

Executive Manager
Brand Compliance, Quality & Training

There are newer reviews for Conrad Macao Cotai Central

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stay at Conrad Macau 14th to 17th November. Paid approximately $550~600 SGD for a Night, stayed here for a total of 3 nights. Given the Price I've paid as a Starwood Preferred member, SADLY enough, wifi and breakfast was not included. Wifi Usage has a separate charge. To my astonishment, Conrad Macau pre-charged me in case of damages, almost 300 Singapore Dollars. Conrad Macao is the First ever hotel that I ever know of, who would pre charge customers for damages or whatever reason they have. Room is big and spacious, bed is comfortable. Toilet is considerably SMALL compared to Sheraton and Venetian Macao. Conrad Toilet Bowl Flushing System is the worst I've had encountered in a 5 star hotel. I had to CALL for room service to request for make up room. Shuttle Bus to airport only starts at 10am. For the price of approximately 500-600 dollars, I believe there are 100x more better hotels in Macau, which offers better service, room experience and value. You definitely have to think twice if you're thinking of staying at Conrad Macao. The Gym at Sheraton Macao is way nicer and bigger as compared to Conrad Macao.Conrad Macau is the WORST 5 stars hotel I've stayed. Enough Said. I'll never want to be back at Conrad Macao again.

Room Tip: Think twice before staying with Conrad Macao. There's definitely better options out there in Mac...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank tjuney
Christoph D, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear tjuney,
Thank you for your review. I am truely sorry you were disappointed with your stay, and I apologize for any inconveniences and misunderstandings you may have experienced. Our team members dedicate a great effort every day to deliver flawless and personalized service to our discerning guests. I have personally addressed your concerns, and will work towards the areas needing further refinement.

I would like the opportunity to personally speak to you and discuss what can be done to have you stay with us again in the future. I can be contacted atchristoph.dueker@conradhotels.com.

I look forward to the opportunity to speaking with you personally.

Christoph Dueker
Director of Operations

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Since I was going to Southeast Asia, why not drop by at Macau. Stayed at the Conrad Macao(Second stay). The staff treated me well and made sure my stay is pleasant. Was able to dine at the Venetican and charge my bill to the room to rack up Hilton Honor points. Too bad the executive lounge is being renovated until January 2014. Excellent buffent at the Grand Orbit(Went crazy with the Dim Sum). The room is very big getting both separate living room and bedroom. Don't need to take cab to downtown Macau or the Macau ferry(Outer and Taipa) since the location provided shuttle bus services. Finally, had good massage at the Bodhi Spa

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Felix E
Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Felix E,

Thank you for your review and the nice comment about our staffs. I am glad to read that you were delighted with our Bodhi Spa treatement and our culinary offer. Thank you also for sharing your pictures. We will look forward welcoming you back.

Executive Manager Brand Compliance, Quality & Training

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My experience does not support Conrad Macao Cotai Central being rated #1 of 82 hotel by Tripadvisors. I was misled this time and regret making the wrong decision.

Conrad Macao Cotai shares the same Sands Cotai Central Complex with Sheraton and Holiday Inn. The rates of the other two are lower. So why pay more to stay in Conrad and use the same casinos, restaurants, and other facilities of the same complex, which as a whole is already showing age.

My wife and I booked online and paid Can$685 to stay 2 nights in Conrad, for a room with city view and a king size bed with breakfast included. We are certainly not pleased to have to pay extra for Wi-Fi.

Now we are kicking ourselves for not choosing Galaxy Hotel which for around the same price would give us a suite of much larger size and also with Wi-Fi included. We actually stayed in Galaxy Hotel on our last visit and was quite impressed with its newer and more impressive ambience which it shares with 2 other hotels, namely Banyon Tree and Hotel Okura both of high caliber, in the same newer complex.

Just how Conrad even get rated higher than Four Seasons is beyond me.

I had to be tired being on road and wasn't thinking clearly when I booked, and what a silly mistake !!

3  Thank HLeeVancouver
Christoph D, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear HLeeVancouver,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my personal apologies for the disappointment you experienced. I will be delighted if you contact me personally at christoph.dueker@conradhotels.com in order to discuss with you your stay in more detail.

The entire team and I appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Christoph Dueker
Director of Operations

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Ms. Renee from the reception has never greet us without using our name. That make us feel very welcome. The helpfulness of the staff is allowing us to use bowls, forks and spoons as there are not much Halal restaurant in Macau left us with no problem since we have ready-to-eat food from home, and we can eat them using the bowls provided. Mr. Chandran of Bell and Concierge service not only help us to find good place to visit, how to get there, and even introducing us to a new Halal restaurant. After that, he also helped us finding a spot where we can perform our prayers.

2  Thank Wan Salleh W
Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Wan Salleh W,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you were delighted with your stay at Conrad Macao. Our team members like Renee, Chandran and our Concierge team are dedicated to offer flawless and personalized service to each and every guest. So I am glad to read that we made you feel that way. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great to see the genuine willingness and the ability of the staff to ensure that their guests have a memorable experience. It was also interesting to see the consistency of service across different sections of the hotel, whether in restaurant, housekeeping, lobby or conference facilities

Dear Sandhya S,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you had a memorable stay with us at Conrad Macao. I also appreciate your wonderful comment about the genuine willingness and the ability of our team members. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

this hotel is very very good, its location is on the Cotai Strip, across the road from the Venetian, in a group of hotels including Holiday Inn.

The rooms are spacious and amazing, the service is out of this world, every single hotel staff, went out of their way to make the quick stay amazing.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear TravelbradBrisbane,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay with us at Conrad Macao. I also appreciate your wonderful remarks about our team members. It is true that they go out of their way to make our guests’ stay amazing. We look forward to welcoming you back.