“Continues to impress”

Conrad Macao Cotai Central
Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I think great staff always make or break any property, and this is where the Conrad Macao really shines. I've stayed here a few times since it first opened, and the hotel staff have always impressed. I also tell all my friends to stay here when they visit Macau, and all of them have gone away wanting to come back.

First, this is a fairly large property with a significant number of rooms. Yet, you get staff whom you've met maybe once or twice and they are still able to remember you by name without any prompting. That's something you see only at small boutique luxury hotels, but somehow, the Conrad Macao is able to replicate that on a much bigger scale.

Many thanks (again) especially to Nicole Lee, who made sure our stay went as planned. We were celebrating a birthday, and she had everything in place before our arrival. I think holidaymakers (like I was) are always the most difficult to deal with because of their numerous requests, but she really went over and above to meet and exceed our expectations. I can only imagine how difficult their job is, having to deal with so many requests from vacationers who are in the hotel all the time, so many kudos to Nicole and the rest of her team.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kinsgp
Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Sohkelvin,

Thank you for nice comment and recommendation to your friends. I am really pleased to read that you were delighted with your stay and had a memorable birthday. It is indeed our dedicated team members like Nicole who make the Conrad Macao so special thanks to the intuitive and personalized service they offer to each and every guest. We will look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Conrad Macao Cotai Central

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Booked a party of 3 rooms for a family vacation. Mum and I are Gold HHonors so both our rooms got upgraded to a nice suite, and our friend's room was upgraded as well. The suites are huge and overlooked the City of Dreams. While the lobby area (which joins 3 hotels in Cotai Sands) was confusing to navigate at first, help from the Guest Relations people were readily available. Everyone from the boys holding the door open to you, to the extremely helpful and very accommodating concierge, to the front desk people were faultless. Breakfast was extensive and even came with a carving station (baked ham!).

Used the spa for a massage on my first night there. It was excellent.

We planned to celebrate the birthday of one member of our group, and Conrad arranged for a cake.

If I have to nitpick (though I suspect this is of no fault of Conrad, but of Cotai Sands), that the shuttle bus driver could perhaps do with more training. He's grumpy, grouchy and gives the aura that you are a nuisance to him.

Will definitely be back. Best hotel I've stayed in at Macau thus far!

(On a sidenote, I visited the Venetian across the road, which is connected to Cotai Sands by an air-conditioned bridge, and is a nice 15-minute leisurely stroll. I've stayed at the Venetian a couple of times in the past, but it has since become a brass, market-like scene with tourists from China filling every corner of the lobby. I'm actually glad I chose the Conrad which is like an oasis compared to the Venetian!)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank metcalve
Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Metcalve,

Thank you for your nice review. I am pleased to read that you and your friend had a fantastic stay at Conrad Macao. Apart from all the comforts, benefits of your Hilton Honors member’s status and location that Conrad Macao has, the most relevant is indeed our team members who make the guest comfortable. We take note of your valuable feedback about the attitude of the shuttle bus driver. The shuttle bus is a complimentary service for visitors to Sands Cotai Central and it isn't operated by Conrad Macao but I will gladly pass on your feedback to the concerned department.
We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am normally not a person that hands out superlatives like "outstanding" or "fantastic" but this property is worthy of those terms. The suite I was given at the Conrad was simply spectacular. Beautiful furnishings, comfortable bed, jacuzzi and separate large shower, and awesome view were just some of the great things about the room. What was especially great was the staff and their proactive manner of thinking of things before I even asked. Guest relations called me and asked me if I had my return trip back to HK completed yet. I had not and they transferred me to the Concierge. Ana was a great help and was so patient, even when the airlines made things a bit difficult for her. The breakfast buffet was superb and the gym facilities very luxurious. My only mild complaint is the lack of English speaking folks in some of the customer-facing locations in the hotel (the restaurant and the casino). If they can get their waiters and casino dealers to be a bit better versed in the world's international language, that would just make non-Chinese guests feel a bit more comfortable. All in all, an outstanding experience.

Room Tip: The city view is really nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your review and the use of “superlatives” to describe your outstanding experience at Conrad Macao. Apart from all the comfort of our rooms and facilities, the culture of our team members is to provide intuitive and flawless service to every guest and from arrival, to recreation and culinary experience. We take note of your valuable comment in regards to English communication skills. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Conrad and had a great experience. From the pre arrival email from Nicole to check out, the time spent at the Conrad was excellent. Personal escort to the room was a nice touch also.
Being HHonors Gold we were upgraded to a Deluxe Suite which was simply huge. Magnificent. Breakfast at the Grand Orbit was quite varied and of good quality.
Being only 18 months old, the hotel is in excellent condition. Cotai strip is the place to be. Don't bother anywhere else.
The hotel is part of a bigger complex which which which includes Holiday Inn and Sheraton and has access to loads of shops.
My only gripe would be that they closed the executive lounge in favour of another gaming lounge. Surely there are enough already? I am told a new one is due to open by March.
All in all if coming to Macau then Conrad is the place to stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Chesty 1,

Thank you very much for your nice review. I am very pleased to read that you had a great experience at Conrad Macao and that you enjoyed the benefits of your Hilton Honors Gold member status. Please note that our Conrad Executive Lounge is under construction at the moment but it will come back and we expect to re-launch it with the beautiful view, excellent amenities and flawless service by Chinese New Year. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stopped it to the Conrad Macao for 3 days on the back end of a very long business trip. Thought I would hop down to Macao to check out the sights before leaving from Hong Kong. Let me start by saying that it pays to be a Hilton Honours Member, it comes with great benefits! I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a city view king suite and let me tell you it is the size a small house!! It came with a few extras as well including late check out and a bunch of other goodies. The professionalism of the staff is mind blowing.... they are in a class of their own.

I have travelled the world for both business and pleasure and do prefer to stay and the Hilton hotel when I can. The Conrad staff would have to be in the top 2 best I have experienced, the other was a 5 star resort in the Maldives. Congrats to Conrad Macao FANTASTIC FANTASIC FANTASTIC!! I will be definitely staying again on my next trip.

Room Tip: if you can afford it get a suite its well worth the extra benefits!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Zak L,

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am very pleased to read that you were delighted with your stay and that you enjoyed the benefits of your Hilton Honors status. Apart from all the comfort of our suites, the culture of our team members is to deliver flawless, intuitive and personalized service to every guest. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We recently had five nights at Conrad Macao. On arrival we were upgraded and our two young girls were treated to a welcome platter of sweets and biscuits and a personalised card. They also placed a Playstation in the room which proved a real winner. The teddy bear and rubber bath duck were well received. Service is first class - staff are friendly and accommodating. We spent some time around the pool with our girls - special thanks to Shirley and James who were very attentive and demonstrated exceptional customer service. A trip into St Paul's Ruin's both during the day and evening is worth it. A taxi only costs approximately $65 to $80 (Macau) one way depending on traffic. The science museum is also well worth a visit especially if you have children. I would definitely recommend this hotel for its location, modern and clean facilities, food and beverages and the customer service. No reflection on the hotel but the local taxi drivers did not seem to know where they were going. The hotel offers taxi cards which should be used. The free buses are also worth using. A trip to the Border Gate was interesting and only took 30 minutes.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Brisbane46,

Thank you very much for your positive review and recommendation. At Conrad Macao, our culture is to deliver flawless, intuitive and personalized service to every guest and we love to surprise our little guests too. So this is a real pleasure to read that your children and you were delighted with your stay at our hotel.
Apart from all the comfort of our suites and facilities, the Conrad Macao is very proud to offer signature amenities like the souvenir rubber duck and signature Bear. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was typing up a different review and realized I hadn't done one for the Conrad which is the standard to which I now hold all hotels. I stayed here on business November 2012 and no other hotel I have stayed at since can compare. The rooms are palatial and extremely well maintained. There is a pillow menu and the bathroom was incredible! The hotel lobby and surrounding lounge areas were busy but not crowded. We walked through the Venetian and what a difference, it was pandemonium where as the Conrad was quiet and serene almost. The desk staff were very helpful and gave us plenty of information when we were ready to venture forth. As english was our only language they ensured we were well prepared with translated cheat sheets to get us into town and back again with no troubles. Room service was amazing and I took full advantage when I could. We usually hit the buffet in the mornings (early) for breakfast and it had a huge amount of choices - I recommend going later in the morning and making the most of if when you are ready for a more brunch like meal as it was pretty expensive. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Macau.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cherlynhar

Dear Cherlynhar,

Thank you for your positive comment and recommendation. Apart from the comfort of our rooms, our team members aim to deliver an intuitive and personalized service to every guest so it is a pleasure to read that you were delighted by your stay at Conrad Macao and that it is now your quality benchmark. We will look forward to your return.