“Great hotel in a "sea" of choices”

Conrad Macao Cotai Central
Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Vegas of the East means that there is a lot of choices for you to stay when you go to Macau. As part of a "Group" of hotels (Holiday Inn, Conrad & Sheraton) they sit across the road from the Venetian (accessible via overhead bridge) and a short walk to the Crown, Hard Rock and Hyatt and most importantly - The House of Dancing Water show.

Having walked through the surrounding hotels, the Conrad is a sea of calm. Is does not smell like smoke (Holiday Inn) and there is no sound of gaming. You can therefore choose if you like to go gaming somewhere or get lost underneath the Venetian.

The Room was excellent, as the Strip is still being built, the view is good but mainly looking at construction down the road. Everything worked, the bed was comfortable and they delivered a hard buckwheat pillow to me when requested in quick time. The breakfast the next morning is very good (keep in mind that you need to sign for it even if your rate includes the breakfast) with a very wide choice of foods available for all tastes.

Service was excellent and I would point out Nicole the Guest Service Manager as being excellent. She made the stay just that little bit better by being involved and introducing herself upon check-in.

There is a free shuttle bus from all major arrival points to the hotel.

Would definitely stay again upon returning to Macau.

4  Thank Addisongreen
ConradMacao, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Addisongreen,

Thank you for taking time and writing your positive feedback. I am extremely pleased to read that through your trip and observations you found Conrad Macao as a gem and amongst the many hotels here. I will certainly pass your compliments to Nicole who made your stay comfortable and was able to make it memorable. We will look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Macao and and If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Conrad Macao is almost one of the best hotel in the world. Everything is great except this hotel does not offer any executive lounge area so people with gold or diamond status are kind of stuck without place to relax. They only offer 2 small bottles of water per day and they will charge you if you ask more than what is allowed.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank Bing W

Dear Bing W,

Thank you for taking time to write your review, I am very pleased to that you had a pleasent stay with us. I am very pleased to inform you that by early next year we will have a Conrad Club Lounge and we will look forward to welcoming you back, in the meantime If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I've stayed there only one night, and the only thing I can say is that I wish I could have stayed there much longer!!

I have been upgraded in a suite (gold member), and it was amazingly peaceful and relaxing. It's not fancy nor "new design something", it's just as good as a "home away from home"! I hardly remember sleeping so well, and I agree on what I read previously when someone said that we just cannot go out from the bed! Also, you can convert the sofa into an extra bed for 2 (in a separate room), and the living room is very pleasant, with a nice view of Macau (both from the living room and your room). Their slippers of different colors and size for male and female are very nice, and we bring it back home as a souvenir :)

This being said, what impressed me the most apart from the cleanliness of the room (which was absolutely perfect - not even a SINGLE trace of dust), was the so personalized service their staff let you experience. It goes from the reception, concierge, guest service, and even the housekeepers. They're are all smiling, polite, and look happy to work. I thank you all guys for your work :)

Concerning the area, you've got plenty of choice, going from casinos to high end luxurious shops all around, as well as cheaper places where it doesn't take too long to go thanks to many complimentary shuttle bus they have all day long to move around. Also, lots of food :)

I found Macau itself a bit strange. A mix between new big hotels/casinos, old traditional Portuguese areas, and places still building like crazy. And I must say I preferred Hong Kong, but I would definitely come back in Conrad Macau as soon as I can to relax and enjoy some nice time!!! The only advice I may give you would be to try it if/when you can!

4  Thank pilou17

Dear pilou17,

Thank you for your feed back and the "perfect stay" at Conrad Macao that you had. The team from Housekeeping , Reception, Guest Service and Concierge strive in providing flawless Conrad service and I am pleased to read that you had felt and experienced it in your stay. We all will look forward to your return and If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had a 2 night stay at the deluxe room travelling with my 65 yr old mom and my 11 yr old nephew. the whole experience from check in to check out is just fantastic. the check in time supposed to be 3pm, but somehow I was checked in at 1 pm. after come back from japan where the check in time is very strict, I find that this is such a pleasure. The next day, I lost my mom whom i'm supposed to meet at the hotel lobby. Upon looking at my frantic expression, the front office duty manager, Chandran Morgan, actually help me look through the hotel cctv to see when my mom left the room and even offered to look through the shopping area first and second floor. I am so grateful and touched by the sympathy that they offered. Then after we found my mom, and we left for a sightseeing trip to macau.Upon coming back to the hotel at 10pm when all the cafés were already closed, I went to the hotel lounge to see if they have birthday cake for sale. It was my mom's birthday, and I was hoping that the hotel could provide me that last minute request. Well, not only they give me a small cake, but also decorated it elegantly on a plate. it was more than I asked for. Then after reaching the room, i found a surprise strawberry fondue from the concierge, Edmund.

I would really recommend this hotel to anyone who visit Macau! Thanks for indulging my family with a luxurious feel of a true five star hotel !

Room Tip: of course a view at the top is the best, since this hotel looks like it's the tallest hotel ther...
5  Thank Megah_Yang

Dear Megah_Yang,

Thank you for feedback and great review on our Best Service and Best Concierge. We are have a dynamic team of individuals such as Edmund Tan and Chandran Morgan who are always engaging and reaching new heights in pleasing guests. I am pleased to read your mom was safe and we will look forward to welcoming you back at Conrad Macao and If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The check in was very smooth with Michael at the front desk, we were arranged to a Premier Suite which made our 2-night trip perfect. We didn't want to travel too far for food and enjoyed every restaurant we went - Italian dinner at Bene, Peking food at Dynasty (they also have difference cuisine in the menu like Zichuan, Chiuchau and Cantonese). The best part was they offered a fruit plate with a bowl of dessert soup on the side complimentary to each one of us at the end of our dinner, very nice gesture. We also tried lunch buffet at the Grand Orbit, wide range of choice with good quality.

Our 7 and 9 year old enjoyed the pool, not the size of the pools so much, but the friendly and helpful staff, thanks to Cristina for the pool games.

Concierge is also very helpful for directions and booking ferry tickets, thanks to Edmund.

We will definitely book Conrad again next time.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Regina M
ConradMacao, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Regina M,

Thank you for taking time to write your feeback on your recent stay at Conrad Macao. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the comfortable ambience. In particular that Michael, Edmund and Cristina were able to make your stay memorable thus creating the Conrad service moment. We all will look forward to your return and in the meantime If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This calm quiet luxury hotel is the most high end part of the trio of the "Sands Cotai Central" and connects via the lower floors with the Sheraton and Holiday Inn which have the casinos under them. There isn't much of a theme compared to the Venetian but it is much more sedate. The lobby is quiet and smoke free (rare in Macau) with a high end shopping center connecting via bridge to the Four Seaons and Venetian shops. Dining is a bit too pricey in the restaurants. The Grand Orbit Buffet was expensive but good. The room is high end casino plush with a big marble bathroom and good extras. Only problem when I checked in the "non smoking room" smelt strongly of smoke. They changed it quickly for me. So don't be afraid to request a change if the there is a smoke smell - many Macau tourists smoke where they aren't supposed to. Housekeeping needs to check whether people has smoked in the room when someone checks out and de smoke it accordingly. The series of smallish pools also has 2 outdoor jacuzzis and rows of cabanas. If you want a calmer experience than the family friendly Holiday Inn then this is it. The prices are of course higher but you pay for what you get.

2  Thank phdtravel
ConradMacao, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear phdtravel,

Thank you for your great review and feed back on your stay at Conrad Macao. I am glad that you enjoyed the relaxed and calm ambience at our hotel . Regarding the Non-Smoking room your feedback is well taken and we will review again our processes. We will will look forward to welcoming you back and If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Will definitely stay here again if given the chance. The hotel is near to The Venetian and has lots of choices in the breakfast. I wish though that the internet was provided as complimentary to the guests.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts