“Faultless hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Faultless hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Worth every penny that you pay, staff is professionalism, top service !! Can't find any issues during my 2 nights stay I am sure with this standard, Mr Conrad Hilton will be very please and 100% satisfy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Ricky K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is my first experience with Conrad Hotel. We were traveling with my 1 year old son and my wife is still breast feeding, so we take great care in finding a hotel that could provide us with a family friendly environment and also a freezer facility to help freeze the extra milk so that we could carry back Malaysia after our stay. We started of rough. We arrived at Macau about 6.30pm, I recalled clicked the 'Arrange transport' option when I booked the hotel but no one were there to pick us up. We catch a hotel shutter bus to get to the hotel. Upon arrival the bus stopped between Conrad & Holiday Inn, nobody approach us for our luggage. We have to drag it while carrying our son, literally infront of Conrad only helps arrive. The check in were fast, we were lead to our room by a helpful staff, Ivan . Once the door was open we were overwhelm by the smell of cigarettes, despite we requested for a non-smoking room. Lucky for us Ivan was quick to act and he called the front desk immediately to request a change of room. After a short wait of 5mins we were upgraded to a Premium Suites which is 3times bigger than the room we originally booked. We were satisfy and happy with the upgrade. The in room dining staff were very efficient, we requested the hotel to help us store my wife’s milk into the hotel’s freezer and everytime we called they respond within minutes. The front desk staffs are very helpful, whenever they see me walked pass with a map on hand, they will approach me & help to write down the location I wish to visit in mandarin, so the taxi driver could refer. They even help us make booking for restaurant we intended to dine in, even though the restaurant is not part of Conrad. Overall Im very impress with the services I received here in Conrad. Certainly looking forward to experience Conrad again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Conrad in late April 2013 for 2 nights. It was a weekend stay and I was pleasantly surprised that check in was quick and orderly. We got our rooms promptly at 3pm but I noticed some guests still had to wait for their rooms.
The rooms were big and comfortable. I love the bed and the extra touches such as free teddy bear, a rubber ducky, and some candies. The hotel provides complimentary evian water for guests. The only grouse I had was wifi is chargable unless you book the rooms direct with hotel on their website. I had stayed at the Grand Hyatt, The Venetian and Bayan Tree at Cotai and not once did they charge guests for wifi in the room. Anyway I booked my room through the hotel and so I had free wifi.
The gym is spacious with lots of equipment but no view and was freezing cold. There is a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna for both ladies and gentlemen (separate). There are about 4 outdoor pools. 2 smaller ones were heated to 32 degrees. I did not try the pools as I think it is still too cold for soaking in.
The staff were really friendly and helpful. The lounge which was located near the lobby served great drinks especially wines at a good price.
Overall its a nice hotel with less maddness compared to The Venetian. I would stay here again if I get free wifi.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have never made a comment about any hotels before but The Conrad Macao Cotai really deserves one. I will preface this with the fact that I am a Diamond member and this hotel takes that serious (not all hotels do).

I have stayed in 5 star hotels around the world and do so on a regular basis. I am typically a Marriot person (also a platinum member there) and the JW Marriott in Hong Kong is one of my favorite hotels anywhere for the level of professional service they offer from start to finish.

The Conrad in Macau arguably could be considered just a little bit better. They do all the normal stuff you would expect a 5 star hotel to do... meet you at the taxi drop off, turn downs, etc.. etc.. but they do it with so much professionalism and friendly attitude (even if they do not know your status)

A couple of highlights for me:
1) My very first trip their (6 weeks ago) the manager came out to get me and introduce herself to me. A nice touch and showing that loyal Hilton guests matter to them
2) when using the concierge they helped me locate something in a shop over at the canal shops in the venetian. The next day, the gentleman remembered me and asked if I found what I was looking for.
3) their breakfast is seriously top 5 of any of the 5 stars I have eaten out. A huge selection of options.
4) Their suites are stunning and extremely well decorated. you feel like you are in luxury
5) The morning of my departure, I was getting off the elevator on the lobby level (it is about a 1 minute walk from reception) there was a lady their waiting to escort guests to the checkout counter. I have never seen that before. Plenty escort you to the elevators, rooms, etc... but had never seen a person waiting to escort people to check out.
6) lastly, they went out of their way to help make sure I took the most efficient ferry back to HK. Not being familiar with Macau, I was taking the Ferry to the main terminal, which is on the wrong part of the island and a 20 minute taxi ride. They explained to me that their is a much closer terminal and I should use that one.

A great experience and I strongly urge anyone who has an opportunity to spend time in Macau to give the Conrad serious consideration.

Room Tip: If you are a Diamond member you automatically get upgraded to a suite if they have one available. Ri...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Russell M
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was probably the most memorable stay that I have yet experience in my 20 years of international business travel. Thank you again, and I will definitely recommend this property to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Lee G
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here for three nights in April. Was fantastic from start to finish. The shuttle buses to and from the airport run regularly as do the buses to the ferry ports. The rooms are fantastic and the staff extremely helpful. It is only a short walk to the city of dreams and to the Venetian. Would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone and will definitely be choosing this hotel next time I come to macau.....fantastic :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynsey F
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at the Conrad Macao for two nights over a weekend and went away impressed by the great staff and fantastic facilities. Many thanks to guest relations manager Nicole Lee and Eric at the front desk, who both took great care of us. It's always refreshing to meet people who obviously enjoy their job, and it comes through very clearly to guests.

The facilities in our room were top notch and of high quality, which isn't always a given at some other hotels in China. We asked for Shanghai Tang toiletries, which we enjoyed very much.

The fitness centre also has some great staff, including Glenda, Case and Jeff. It's rare to find such consistently high standards of service all across a hotel, so many kudos to the staff for their enthusiasm and hard work. The gym has static weights, free weights and a smith machine, which is enough for most casual gym goers.

The only thing I thought was odd was the swimming pool. It's made up of four or five smaller pools, which isn't good for serious swimmers but probably fantastic for those looking just to lounge and relax by the pool.

• Stayed April 2013