“GEM IN.COTAI STRIP”

Conrad Macao Cotai Central
Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I selected this hotel for stay from 2 to 4 Jan 2013. The physical aspects need no elaboraton as it is of excellent Conrad standard. Got nice room (1220) with a stunning view of winter special light n laser show at Venetian.

What makes this hotel so remarkably special is the attentive n personalised services rendered by a dedicated concierge team. Edmund, the Chief Concierge, sent a friendly note to welcome me before my check-in date, n offered me some helpful tips after learning that it was our first time to Macau. He also promised to pass me some guides on Macau, which I received promptly once he knew I checked in at the counter. Edmund has provided a few nice eating places (which I could not possibly cover all during the short stay, n I will cover the rest at the next visits!)

The check out was a smooth process , n thanks to the Concierge team for helping us buy the ferry ticket to.Hong Kong. Herbert from the Concierge sent us off making sure that we were in the right queue for the coach departing for the ferry terminal.

The best concierge service I have received thus far. A team of dedicated staff (edmund, jennifer n herbert, just to name a few) who were Very attentive to our needs, n go the extra mile of delighting us n making our stay at the hotel a wonder experience! I would also like to compliment all security staff at the hotel lift lobby whom I meet, they not only make us feel very safe, but were also very friendly!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Muich
ConradMacao, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Muich,

Thank you very much for you comments on Conrad Macao as a "Gem" on Cotai Strip. I am very pleased to read that you felt personalized service and the Front Office and Concierge team were able to leave a lasting impression on your stay. We are fortunate to have Edmund as our Chief Concierge who has done an inceredible task in leading the team with Herbert and Jennifer. Thank you again for your compliments and we will look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Macao and If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed with friend and family members from 26 Jan - 29 Jan 2013 through a friend's arrangement. Check in was smooth even we arrived way before the check in time. Although the hotel was experiencing high occupancy, we were attended to promptly upon our arrival via the complimentary shuttle from Macau International Airport in Taipa. The hotel is located just 5 minutes of bus ride away from the airport.

We took 2 rooms in different level due to room availability. Our room was ok but the other room stayed by parents was not properly made up by the housekeeping maids. The carpet was dirty and after we walked on the room carpet with our socks on, our white socks turned greyish. Parents' room did not have the Conrad bear on the bed during turndown service on the 1st day while our room has.

Our room was fully replenished with the desired amenities with the added value of Nespresso coffee machine with 4 capsules on complimentary basis. Room was of a decent size in Macau standard. The bathroom was so spacious and not cluttered like some hotels in Macau city.

All places of interest are within a bus ride away which can be taken from the hotel entrance.

One thing which amused me in the scent in the lobby upon entering. It is so refreshing after a day of walking and sightseeing.

Though the hotels has more than 1,000 rooms, there is no queue in the reception for both check in and check out during our stay. CNY mood was in full swing with the intermittence dance in the lobby during the scheduled time to entice the guests.

Overall we enjoyed our stay in the hotel and we checked out of the hotel as happy guests.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MelvinL

Dear MelvinL,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Conrad Macao. I am pleased to hear that your arrival was great and you enjoyed the room size but I have noted your concern regarding the carpet and wanted to apologize for that.

Upon arrival the scent tha the guest expereince is White Tea scent and is a signature feature of our Himalyan theme. We will look forward to welcoming you back and If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contat me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have stayed at a number of 5 star hotels throughout Asia including Macau, but all the extra little touches here make the service a cut above the usual experience at hotels in a similar category. This was even more impressive given that we stayed during Chinese New Year, which is the busiest time of the year in Macau.

Room: We stayed in a suite, which was enormous - even for Macau. In addition to the separate bedroom, there was also a media room which was great to use as a separate room for our 2 yo to sleep in her cot. Living/dining room was massive. It was a shame not to be able to use the Club Lounge as we had read good things about it before our stay, but hopefully it will be open on our next visit.

Concierge: Emailed us before our stay to see if we had any requests, which was very helpful given we needed to arrange a babysitter for 1 evening. After we had asked about opening times & reservations policy at Fernandos before our stay, we then found a note slipped under our door on the day we were planning to eat there informing us of the various transport options. This was not something we had asked for, but was going that extra step of thoughtfulness as it can sometimes be difficult to get taxis in Coloane.

Check-in: We had requested an early check-in and to our delight, the room was ready for us on arrival. Our check-in staff also escorted us to our room to show us the facilities and then politely declined the tip I offered as he said it was simply part of his job - I have never encountered this before outside Japan!

The complimentary birthday cake delivered to our room by surprise was also delicious and a lovely extra touch.

For kids: It was winter, so we didn't swim and it would have been hard to compare with the wave pool at the Galaxy complex in any event. However, Kids City at City of Dreams next door was the best indoor kids playroom I've come across, and was much better than at Galaxy. The lit-up rubber ducky and teddy bear complimentary gifts were also very popular with our daughter (both during and after our stay).

Breakfast: The usual enormous buffet for 5 star hotels in Asia, plus kids cutlery and crockery. It could possibly benefit from a slightly larger range of fruit, but that's about it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 9cj2
ConradMacao, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear 9cj2,

Thank you for recent feedback on Conrad Macao, it is greatly appreciated. I am very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed the overall experience from your arrival to your check-in, stay, breakfast and concierge all departments were working with flawless effort to deliver and make your stay a cut above the rest. I thank you for taking time to write to us and look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Macao, If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed in an amazing suite - lots of room.
Service was great! Hotel staff were very helpful - even helped us plan our journey to Guangzhou. Location very convenient to the 'City of Dreams' and the Venetian. Shuttle buses nearby to ferry you to town, airport, ferry and the border.
The breakfast buffet was substantial.
The promotional gifts, a teddy bear, flashing rubber duck and jar of candy, were an added touch to the stay.
Oh, the giant crystal chandelier in the bar was awesome!
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marylizziet
ConradMacao, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear marylizziet,

Thank you very much for taking time to write you feedback it is greatly appreciated. I am glad
to hear that you experienced Conrad service and felt the hotel team members were friendly. I am pleased to read that the breakfast buffet at Grand Orbit was to your liking and you enjoyed it. We will look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Macao and If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I has take a one night stay in Conrad Macau on 10 Feb 2013. This is our first time to stay here. And in the inital stage, we have some plan to cancel the trip due my wife not feeling well in the morning time. But she thought she still can manage, so we keep on the original schedule.
When we stepped in the hotel, we have a good feeling due to its so clean and grand. At the same
time, one gentleman has guided me to check in and I am quiet amazing that they are so efficient
and within 15 mins, I can go to my room and take a rest.
At the night time, my wife not feeling well again due she had a sore throat, and we thought we may leave the hotel and see a doctor in Hong Kong. However, its already 10 pm and also during Chinese New Year, it was very difficult to see a doctor. I was very worried on that and so I tried to call the Hotel desk for help. I was quiet surprised that they informed me their doctor can come to my room within 20 mins. Also the lady tried to calm me down and asked me what's the diagnosis for my wife. I was much released after that. Suddenly the Bell rang and One of the Front Desk Manager named Mr Morgan accompanied with the doctor come into my room.
The doctor has a detail treatment to my wife and offered her some medicine.The Front Desk Manager also very kind to us. We are much comfort on this kind of service.
On the next day, while I was check out, the Front Desk Manager also pay special attention to my wife.
This is my unforgettable trip and I will come again shortly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PAK CHUNG L
ConradMacao, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear PAK CHUNG L,

I hope your wife has fully recovered and is feeling much better. I am glad to hear that the team
here was timely in responding to your wife's needs and were able to make her stay comfortable.
We look forward to having you back at Conrad Macao and in the meantime If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to write to me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Reviewed February 13, 2013

If size is the only thing matters, then Conrad is the place for you. It was the biggest suite I ever had for the rate I paid. Everything was big, even the toilet nook; it’s bigger than the bathroom of some hotels. As a matter of fact, it had two, one in the master bathroom and the other by the foyer. Service was great too; the staff was friendly and efficient. So why was I not exactly satisfied?

Here is one reason, as soon as I walked into the room and looked out to the pool area below and the cityscape beyond, I was stunned by the streaks of grimes on the windowpane that dimmed my view. When I mentioned it to a receptionist at the front desk, she smiled as if she had heard it before, jotted something down, but the dirt remained for the three days I was there.

Another surprise was the TVs; none could be turned off completely with the remote control. After I watched a program, it would continue to play faintly in the background no matter how hard I tried to shut it down with the remote. I called the front desk and a technician came and explained to me that all the TVs in the hotel were setup like that in order to conserve energy as well as to provide a quick start-up. The only way to turn a program off completely was to pull the room keycard from the card holder to cut off all power to the suite. So be careful if you don’t want other people, such as children, to watch a program that you have just watched, you will have to put up with no electricity in the room.

One more issue with Conrad Macau is the dearth of upscale restaurants in the hotel or nearby. Pink Grill was fine for charbroiled steaks prepared in Western style, even though it was a Thai restaurant. Grand Orbit, like many other casino all-you-can-eat buffet cafeteria, offers good international selections. And that’s about all I can recommend.

For a 5-star resort and nearly $400 per night in Macau, I expect a better experience.

One tip: Free Wi-Fi is available in the lobby area and around McDonald’s and Pacific Coffee, so it’s not necessary to pay for the extra levy to use it in your room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Larry H
ConradMacao, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Larry H,

Thank you for taking time to write to us and I am happy to hear that you were delighted with the service aspects. I am though dissapointed that we were not able to reach up to your expecatations due to the cleanliness of the window and the inconvience that was caused to you
regarding the TV, we sincerely apologize for that . Your feedback is valuable and follow up is being done as we speak. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@cornadhotels.com and we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We visited Macau at the end of January 2013 for an exhibition and made a weekend of it. The hotel is relatively new but well located for access to the Venetian exhibition halls. From the moment we arrived we were looked after superbly from the bellboys at the main door to the lady at reception. Joana then ensured that we were checked in smoothly, all our needs were met and we were taken to our room within minutes. The rooms are spacious and well laid out. The bathrooms were wonderful, clean and spacious as well. Upon checking about the possibility of trying to find some vegetarian food for my wife, Joana once again stepped in from the reception desk and introduced us to the senior concierge who gave us numerous suggestions, two of which were within 2-3 minutes walk and located inside the hotel. All the staff we met were super polite and we were really well looked after. The lobby lounge went out of their way to make a chocolate martini for my wife and although it was not on their menu, they came back with a wonderful effort which impressed me as it was done beyond what I expected.

Breakfast the next day was in the main restaurant and was pretty full but the service was once agin better than good and the selection superb.

We intend to go back to Macau at some point and will definitely stay at the Conrad again.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a good view