“Good Milk Pudding”

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
New York
“Good Milk Pudding”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After reading the reviews, we were intent to have milk pudding while in Macau. The reviews mentioned that this store was right in Sendado Square, but it's actually on the street right before entering Senado Square. The sign on the outside of the store is in Chinese and does not say Leitara I Son in English, which makes it a bit hard to find. Just remember the store has a green sign with a cow in front. We ordered only one milk pudding, as we noticed others around us doing the same. We just wanted the experience. The pudding was pretty good, and worth a try while in Macau. There's no English menu unfortunately. However, they have milk pudding in the front window so you could easily point to it.

• Visited November 2012

• Thai first
Hong Kong, China
1,750 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 11,909 helpful votes
“Good milk pudding, ok pork buns”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stopped by the Leitaria I Son dessert shop recently for a quick treat. This is more or less the same as the Lee Shun Milk Company shops in Hong Kong, serving up quick pudding and milk-based snacks as well as a few basic breakfast options.

We tried the milk pudding (MOP23) finding it just as good as what we are have in the Lee Shun Milk Company branches in HK. Serving size and temperature was just right and the taste - perfect, being slight sweet, creamy and very tasty (rating 4 of 5). We also tried the Macau style pork bun (MOP20) that was just ok. The pork was a bit puny in size but tasted nice, the bread bun was crispy, crunchy and just very good, helping to make up for the small pork serving (rating 3 of 5). They have an English menu, you just need to ask.

Leitaria I Son is quite small and crowded with few places to sit so best to make a quick stop and get on with your sightseeing efforts. It is at a very good location on Avenida Almeida Ribeiro, right past the General Post Office when walking away from Senado Square. Perfect option for those arriving early for a day of visiting the area World Heritage attractions. Generally speaking, this is a fun local place to try for those interested in something light (and sweet) to eat. We'll stop by again for sure.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank BradJill
Singapore
“Best dessert”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The steam milk is so smooth and tender, you just simply feel like having one more bowl. This is a must-have in macau. They have other different dessert like milkshake and steam egg yolk with ginger.

Visited October 2012
Bellevue, Washington
“Nice Dessert Place”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Leitaria I Son is a small shop that sells milk and egg puddings and desserts. No English menu unfortunately. However, they have milk pudding in the front window so you could easily point to it. The steamed milk pudding I had came chilled, which was a relief since it was over 90 degrees in Macau when I visited. It tastes great and is not overly sweet. There are versions with different toppings, but the pudding alone worked fine for me. The Chinese restaurants in Seattle don't have this, so this is one of those things I am glad to have tried. Worth a try especially if the restaurants in your area don't have this.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Leitaria I Son? Share your experiences!