“A Walk to Remember in Macau”

Macau Fisherman's Wharf
Ranked #80 of 259 things to do in Macau
More attraction details
Owner description: This entertainment complex offers a selection of antique stores, boutiques, and restaurants in a quiet setting. The surrounding Roman replica architecture makes for an interesting shopping experience.
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place has been recommended to us by friends who have visited this country already--and it is definitely something not to miss! (We visited the place last year.)

The area is vast and had to literally walk the long path towards the many stores and tourist shops inside -- but I was surprised to see only a few guests like us. It seemed to me that they haven't had much tourism here as compared to the casinos in the place nearby. There are so many angles where you can enjoy shooting your camera--the place is maintained as neat anyway.

The prices of the food inside is not really inviting. But we still tried their sandwiches because you'd literally be tired and hungry going around.

We (with my cousins and sis) visited this area in the morning so I don't really know if the lights and the crowd changes at night. But we definitely had so many beautiful photos and memories while strolling here.

It is truly a place that you should go to once you visit Macau!

All reviews
"imitation"
in 5 reviews
"resto"

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I visited this place and I was amazed but deserted place. Nobody there except the few people or tourists. My new friends and I ate at the restaurant and I was surprised cos I thought that no one else inside of that building. I forgot the name of the restaurant, they served a good foods but quite expensive. Try to eat the "Pekeng Duck", am not so sure about the name but sounds like that. :)

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I visited the Fisherman's Wharf some years back when it's was just opened, the place was fulled of tourist, shops and even performance. However, the place now look so deserted, abandoned and quiet. A very very sad sight.
Hardly any shops now and even the Babylon Casino was so quiet. Occasionally, you can still see a few tourist taking photos. The place does have nice colorful building and you can have a harbor view of Macau here.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Fisherman's Wharf was a huge let down. The place was deserted and was just so sad. The cloudy weather did not help at all. It was as if Fisherman's Wharf's ONLY purpose if to provide people a nice backdrop for photography purposes because there are just nothing else to do here. We only visited one area and did not even bother to check others because the feeling the place evokes is just depressing. Macau should seriously put more effort in giving the place some sort of activities or anything that would make it alive. It has a lot of potential but sadly Macau is marketed more as a gambling place so any chances of this becoming one of macau's top destination is little to nil.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This place should be renamed "Macau's White Elephant"! I knew i was in for trouble when the first thing i did at Fisherman's Wharf was go into the "Information Counter" and ask for information - no map available, no listing of attractions or timetable of ANYTHING. The only thing worth taking from that office was the pamphlet promoting the video game arcade! The shops are no more; the eatery i walked past was deserted. If one wants a scenic spot to take photos, this area by the waterfront is decent enough. But that's all.