“Fantastic service”
Review of Hotel Okura Macau

Ranked #9 of 95 Hotels in Macau
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We came and stayed with Hotel Okura Macau in two nights for celebrating my lovely daughter's two years old birthday. We were upgraded to Royal Suite. The service and all arrangements were always exceeded our expectations. I am planning to come again with Hotel Okura in the summer time. All I'm all it was really great!

Stayed May 2014
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Ringo L,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Okura Macau to celebrate your daughter's birthday. We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed the room and arrangements provided by our hotel. It was our pleasure making your daughter's birthday memorable.

We look forward to your next visit during the summer to Hotel Okura Macau; we eagerly await your arrival.

Hotel Okura Macau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
United States
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Staff was great, amenities were great, room was great. Nothing to complain about. The check in process, albeit late at night, was very smooth and we were in our room in only a few minutes. Used room service twice and both times were flawless. Room was reasonably priced for Macau and staying in the Galaxy was great.

Concierge services were A+ too. They helped us on numerous fronts and really made the trip easier by creating maps for us and helping us with transportation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear continentaltraveler4,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us at Hotel Okura Macau. It makes us extremely delighted to hear that our staffs gave such great service to our guests, especially assisting you with your inquiries and making your stay smooth and enjoyable.

We hope that you will visit Hotel Okura Macau again during the summer months to enjoy the Skywave pool and our hotel's facilities.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I complain about our unpleasesant stay in your hotel,When we checked in on 1/9/2013.we were shown to three room waith different problem,ranging from hair and
dirt on pillows to half shampoo bottles,the third one seemed satisfactory but but the hour
checking our room and negotiating with your staff had spoiled our holiday mood.We were
vert disappointed with the room service and room hygiene

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear chiyunglaikuen,

Thank you for commenting on your previous stay with our hotel. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention. Our hotel's continuous goal is to ensure that all our guests are able to fully relax and enjoy their stay with us. We are quite disappointed to hear of this situation that you experienced, and will relate the information to the appropriate department to take action.

It is truly saddening that this upsetting event occurred; however, we hope that you will give our hotel another chance so that we may show you how wonderful our hotel's rooms and staffs are. It is our dearest wish that you will stay at Hotel Okura Macau again soon to have the Okura Experience.

Macau
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just a slight comment on the height of the shower hose.
It could be installed a little lower on the wall, maybe 75 mm, so that it is more convenience for ladies, or even old people, or people who can not stretch their arms to reach to the shower hose on the wall. Since this is a very good quality hotel that serves people from all over the world, ergonomics factors of room facilities should be kept in mind.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear clylili,

Thank you for providing our hotel with such an inciteful suggestion. It has been related to our Senior Management for further discussion and action. We hope that you found the many other parts of our hotel to be satisfying and enjoyable. It is the goal of our staffs to always put a smile on our guests' faces.

We earnestly hope that you and your loved ones will visit Hotel Okura Macau again in the near future.

Busan, South Korea
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is the first time we stayed in Hotel Okura although we tried another hotel in this hotel complex. We just stayed in this hotel for 9 hours, however, my experience here encourages me to come back again for my next visit. Once step into the hotel, there was a counter with a Japanese lady taught the Japanese origami. My child was attracted immediately. What a smart way to promote the Japanese culture in the Japanese style hotel. Upon check-in, staffs were very polite and fluent in English. Bell was draw attention immediately and asked for my luggage. We met several staffs on the way to the room, they were all with friendly and warm smile which I rarely found from ay other hotel in Macau or Hong Kong.

The only upset thing was that we assigned into a smoking room. However, it was understandable as that was the peak time for the hotel during my stay. The room was nice, amenities were new with a nice bathtub. The hotel was connected to the swimming pool in the hotel complex. The pool is a must-try! Another must-try was their lobby cafe, you could not miss the brownie and dark forest!!!!!

I can see the upper tier of hospitality of this hotel - from staffs to hotel facility and style. My friend, family and I love Okura so much and it will be the only hotel we will choose for our future Macau visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Michael P,

Thank you for your many praises about our hotel's staffs, room facilities and amenities. It is always a great pleasure being able to make our guests' and their loved ones have such a memorable stay. We are so pleased that in the short 9 hours of your stay, you were able to enjoy so much of our hotel and its facilities. Our staffs enjoy bringing smiles to the faces of our guests, and providing them with the Okura Experience.

We are extremely honored that you and your loved ones will stay at Hotel Okura Macau again for your future visits; we eagerly await your arrival.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Every time I arrive Macau. I always stay in this hotel due to many reasons. First of all, staffs are very friendly and helpful with smile. Secondly, the room is convenience and modernized. Thirdly, the location is very convenience. Lastly, I always feel safe staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Punsri21,

Thank you for your continuous appreciation of Hotel Okura Macau and staff. Our hotel strives to provide top of the line service and facilities for our guests; we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is our dearest wish that you will visit Hotel Okura Macau again in the near future; we look forward to seeing you soon.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My last trip to Macau was 20 years ago. On 21 April 2014, I was in Macau again on a 3-noight business trip and was looking very much to it. I was told that the hotel that I would be staying is Hotel Okura Macau.

When the shuttle bus dropped me at the entrance of ther magnificient Galaxy Macau, I was so fascinated by the musical fountain entrance at the Diamond Lobby. After many photos, I finally found my way to Okura Macau.

After the splendour of the Diamond Lobby, Okura's lobby was rather sombre but still classy. The staff at the reception was very helpful, polite and courteous. The bell boy was particularly helpful to take goos care of my luggage and was explaining the hotel amneties to me ll the way to my room. It was a pleasure to see him rtaking such pride in his job and ensuring guests feel comfortable. Needless to say, I ghave him a generous tip!

The hotel room was clean, posh, comfy and with the latest modern facilities, there was even a bottle of wine and a Chivas! I was given a room with the lovely view of the wading pool and Galaxy architecture.

Wifi was free in the hotel premise and easily connected.

I could even watch tv while soaking in the bath!

One peev was that when the TV is switched off and on again, it refreshed to the menu screen, instead of the last viewed channel, and I had to select the channel again.

Although I was on the non smoking floor, some guests smoked and there were coigarette butts in the lift lobby.

Buffet breakfast was simple with not much variety and almost the same menu everyday.

My company arranged lunch at the Terrace, Level 2 was very delicious.

Another plus point was the efficient shuttle busses which took us to all the popular places we wanted to go.

I will definitely stay here again and hope to bring my family along this time.

Room Tip: Rooms are posh, clean and comfy Excellent and friendly service Efficient and convenient shuttle bu...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chrisliang13
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Chrisliang13,

Thank you for your thorough recount of your stay at Hotel Okura Macau. We are glad that we were able to leave such a wonderful impression for you. Your remarks pertaining to the TV and breakfast items have been related to appropriate departments for consideration. Our hotel strives to offer our guests the best possible accommodations and hard ware possible to further make their stay pleasing and enjoyable.

It is an honor to know that our hotel was able to make a connection with you, leading to your decision to visit us again in the future; welook forward to your next visit to Hotel Okura Macau and hope that your family will be as pleased as you are.