“Always enjoy staying here”
Review of Hotel Okura Macau

Ranked #9 of 95 Hotels in Macau
“Always enjoy staying here”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Every time I arrive Macau. I always stay in this hotel due to many reasons. First of all, staffs are very friendly and helpful with smile. Secondly, the room is convenience and modernized. Thirdly, the location is very convenience. Lastly, I always feel safe staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Punsri21,

Thank you for your continuous appreciation of Hotel Okura Macau and staff. Our hotel strives to provide top of the line service and facilities for our guests; we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is our dearest wish that you will visit Hotel Okura Macau again in the near future; we look forward to seeing you soon.

Hotel Okura Macau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My last trip to Macau was 20 years ago. On 21 April 2014, I was in Macau again on a 3-noight business trip and was looking very much to it. I was told that the hotel that I would be staying is Hotel Okura Macau.

When the shuttle bus dropped me at the entrance of ther magnificient Galaxy Macau, I was so fascinated by the musical fountain entrance at the Diamond Lobby. After many photos, I finally found my way to Okura Macau.

After the splendour of the Diamond Lobby, Okura's lobby was rather sombre but still classy. The staff at the reception was very helpful, polite and courteous. The bell boy was particularly helpful to take goos care of my luggage and was explaining the hotel amneties to me ll the way to my room. It was a pleasure to see him rtaking such pride in his job and ensuring guests feel comfortable. Needless to say, I ghave him a generous tip!

The hotel room was clean, posh, comfy and with the latest modern facilities, there was even a bottle of wine and a Chivas! I was given a room with the lovely view of the wading pool and Galaxy architecture.

Wifi was free in the hotel premise and easily connected.

I could even watch tv while soaking in the bath!

One peev was that when the TV is switched off and on again, it refreshed to the menu screen, instead of the last viewed channel, and I had to select the channel again.

Although I was on the non smoking floor, some guests smoked and there were coigarette butts in the lift lobby.

Buffet breakfast was simple with not much variety and almost the same menu everyday.

My company arranged lunch at the Terrace, Level 2 was very delicious.

Another plus point was the efficient shuttle busses which took us to all the popular places we wanted to go.

I will definitely stay here again and hope to bring my family along this time.

Room Tip: Rooms are posh, clean and comfy Excellent and friendly service Efficient and convenient shuttle bu...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chrisliang13
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Chrisliang13,

Thank you for your thorough recount of your stay at Hotel Okura Macau. We are glad that we were able to leave such a wonderful impression for you. Your remarks pertaining to the TV and breakfast items have been related to appropriate departments for consideration. Our hotel strives to offer our guests the best possible accommodations and hard ware possible to further make their stay pleasing and enjoyable.

It is an honor to know that our hotel was able to make a connection with you, leading to your decision to visit us again in the future; welook forward to your next visit to Hotel Okura Macau and hope that your family will be as pleased as you are.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Okura Macau was absolutely amazing! Their warmful hospitality, foods, of course facilities, every small details were so much paid attention in a Japanese way. I was so impressed by the handwriting Japanese message card in the room together with the welcome tea and sweets. I had a fantastic Japanese dinner in Yamazato, which is one of the most renowned authentic Japanese cruine. They served beautiful fresh sashimi, Kobe beef and green tea dessert. Later, moved to the bar, the interior and view was stunning!
The room was just so comfortable, there were so many varieties of duvets and pillows. I quite liked the soft texture of the bathlobe. The bathtub with pillow made me feel heaven, pouring 'hot-spring powder' and watching TV. I highly recommend Okura if you plan to stay in Macau. I have stayed many hotels in the world, but I would like to emphasis that Okura is one of the best hotel. Thank you very much, General manager Mr. Harmen and entire staff in Okura. I definetely come back soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear EO0001,

Thank you for the detailed description of your experience at Hotel Okura Macau. We are very happy that you found our staffs to be so amicable and our décor so pleasing to the eye. Our Chefs will be ecstatic to know that you had such an enjoyable time dining at our Yamazato restaurant and trying their delicious foods.

Our goal is to provide accommodations and facilities that will convenience our guests and allow them to have a relaxing stay; we are overjoyed that we achieved this with you. We look forward to your next visit to Hotel Okura Macau soon.

Hong Kong
Reviewed April 20, 2014

arrived macau has shuttle to hotel, bus had wifi very convience. check in very fast and become VIP best service. The room is clean and all daily use is enough.All the staff are very nice. Your service is over our request.We will return once we have time

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Lau K,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Hotel Okura Macau. We are extremely happy to know that our staffs' service exceeds your expectations and that you found our hotel to be so pleasant. It is our continuous goal to ensure our guests receive the best service possible and are not inconvenienced in any way.

We are honored to know that you will return to Hotel Okura Macau again in your spare time; we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is the 3rd time I stay in this hotel and I can say it is one of the best hotels in Macau. Last time I stayed in the Premiere Suite and this time Junior Suite. Do not be mislead by the word 'Junior', it has a big lounge room, bedroom and bathroom, the only difference from the 'Premiere' is the absence of Sauna room and extra toilet. The room is spacious enough to accommodate 5-6 people, I guess. The basis facilities include 2 big TV and a TV in the bathroom,, 2 Queen size beds, Jacuzzi, auto toilet, shower room, coffee machine etc.

I can observe there are many close to heart services such as welcome fruit basket, welcome drinks,kimono dress for you to relax etc. and I leave you to observe the rest when you go there. Also, it only takes you 2 minutes to try your luck in the Casino downstairs that opens 24 hours.

Plus the smile faces and good services of the hotel attendants, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try the suite if you can.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Eric L,

Thank you for your detailed review of Hotel Okura Macau's facilities, amenities, and staffs. We are glad that you found our different suite rooms to be so enjoyable and our hotel so impressive that you were able to remember the differences in our suite rooms. Our hotel aims to provide our guests will the latest hardware and accommodations so that they will have an unforgettable stay each and every time.

It is our dearest wish that our guests, such as yourself, will visit Hotel Okura Macau often; our staffs eagerly await your next visit with smiles on their faces.

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Whether you're in Vegas or Macau, you're always gonna want to just have a moment, away from the craziness that is the strip and The Hotel Okura Macau, is definitely the place for that.

I leave Hong Kong for macau once a year for a short break, and I have never stayed in the same hotel twice, as I like to keep trying hotels. But this might be the first hotel i would go back to repeatedly.

Steeped in Japanese tradition, down to the sounds in the lobby and the Japanese you hear uttered by staff, the Hotel Okura, is definitely takes you away from it all. If it were not for the smog outside the window, you'd probably think you've been transported to somewhere in Tokyo.

I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to the executive floor, and met with cocktails, and included breakfasts daily. The facilities, within the room and the rest of the hotel are impeccably kept and every detail is finely tuned. the pool, though a little small for my taste was good enough just for laps, but if you got kids, it may not suit their playful needs.

Food quality is second to none, but unsurprisingly their japanese restaurant is the best thing on the premises. With a zen garden sitting just outside the window, Yamazato is comfortable being the place for a quiet lunch or where you can lock in that business deal.

With beautifully furnished and spacious rooms, and a positively stellar staff, The Okura, stands tall among some of the other hotels around the strip. With easy access to the other casinos in and around the area, you're never too far away from a bet, some fantastic food and some good shopping.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Jon L,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Okura Macau for your mini vacations. It is truly a great honor to know that you don’t stay at the same hotel twice, yet you have stayed at our hotel on multiple occasions. Our staffs strive to provide all our guests with world class service, great food for their taste buds, and a serene environment for them to relax.

It was a pleasure serving you during yoru stay, we hope that you will visit Hotel Okura Macau again soon; our staffs eagerly await your arrival.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Hotel Okura Macau Hotel is a great lace to stay.
Superior suite is super comfortable & nice, pool is clean and very suitable for children.
The interior design is modern & user friendly.
Every staff I met are very polite & nice.

Room Tip: Corner suite are large and sunny.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear MAN T,

Thank you for commenting about Hotel Okura Macau and its staffs. We are very happy to know that you enjoy the room and hotel facilities, as well as the mannerisms of our staffs. Our hotel strives to provide entertainment for children as well, so that the whole family may have an enjoyable time.

Hotel Okura Macau looks forward to your next visit in the near future. We will be earnestly awaiting.