“Best toilet seats!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Sigapore
“Best toilet seats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Friendly hotel reception who was willing to help out with directions to the various tourist attractions as it was our first time to Macau. Impressed with the heated toilet seats and the Japanese bath robes :-)

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OkuraMacau, Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear PremGanison,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay at Hotel Okura Macau. We are pleased that we were able to leave such a positive first impression. The toilets and bath robes are signature items of Hotel Okura, offered to our valued guests to give them a chance to experience a small piece of Japan.

We hope you will visit Hotel Okura Macau again in the near future; we endeavor to make each stay for our guests a memorable one.

Hotel Okura Macau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel is amazing! They set the atmosphere really well and the rooms were amazing! Service was really good and the staff are friendly! I loved how because the hotel entrance is tucked away, it was less crowded and gave it a more homely feeling. I only spent one night here and I wished I could stay longer. Honestly one of the best hotels I've stayed in bar the chaos going on in the lobby entrances that are near the casinos (but that really can't be helped I suppose.) If I do go back to Macau, this hotel will definitely be my first choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear N H,

Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback. It brings us great joy to be able to present a serene and tranquil atmosphere, while providing the best possible service to all our guests. Our goal is to present our guests with all the necessities of a home, while still providing the best possible facilities, customer service, and the memories of an unforgettable vacation.

It is an honor to be your first choice for a hotel in Macau. We eagerly look forward to your next stay with us at Hotel Okura.

Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

The staff are very friendly! executive lounge was great! love okura! It has been a fun experience staying here, I had lots of fun at the skywave pool, I will definitely recommend to my friends and family, And also visit again next time I come to Macau

• 5 of 5 bubbles
OkuraMacau, Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Ami L,

Thank you for your many praises. We are extremely pleased that you were able to thoroughly enjoy yourself during your stay with Hotel Okura Macau. We pride ourselves in being able to provide excellent service to all our guests.

We hope you were able to make many wonderful memories during your visit, and that you will be back in the near future to make even more memories with your friends and family.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have never actually stayed at an Okura before so only knew it's reputation in Japan - ie. local luxury brand that is trying to compete with the 4S and Mandarin O but just not there.

Boy, was I wrong - this place was stellar. Both hardware & software.

Spent 2 nights (non-wkend) at the Okura MC. 3 adults & 2 babies (17mo old). Connecting rooms - suite & deluxe rooms. View of the wave pool & Galaxy Hotel (the other view is of construction of the Grand Waldo hotel - not nice). Access to Okura lounge for breakfast & afternoon tea.

Service level was impeccable. Especially in the lounge. Rooms were nice - what you would expect from a 5 star hotel room. High chairs available. Cots too (tho horrible quality of the cots that we had to extra pad the base w/ many blankets). No baby stroller/pram though.

Breakfast in the lounge was sufficient - people who complain about the limited choice need to get a grip. Of course, it's not as much choice as the regular restaurant but adequate for an executive lounge. Could order made to order eggs too.

Unlike the adjoining Galaxy Hotel, the lobby was free from the busloads of mainland tourists with their coloured flags (I hate these groups AND those damn flags!! I want to rip the flags out of the tour leaders' hands & stomp on it... but I digress...). There were so many of these tour groups/coloured flags at the Galaxy lobby (tho small compared to the craziness of the Venetian which is just plain disgusting). Okura lobby was tranquil (next door Banyan Tree was similar atmosphere). Japanese-like serenity.

Still close to the casino - 1 min walk from the lobby/lifts. Literally. Made my post-midnight "quickie" casino sessions very convenient. Casino is huge.

Great gym. Very new/modern. Don't think many guests use the gym as it was empty the 2x we went.

Wave pool was so fun - babies liked it tho better for kids who are a bit older. Multiple pools connected to the wave pool too so could choose your pool type. Not busy during my mid wk stay tho did think that it may get very crowded during the wkends. All the pools require all kids under 1 yrs old to wear life jackets (which they provide).

Banyan Tree spa was outstanding in both quality of massage & physical decor of spa. Best spa in Macau i've had so far - better than MO & MGM 6 Senses. Literally next door to Okura.

Crystal Piano is ok. Bit cheesy & heavily-oriented towards smokers (you'll know what I mean when you see the seat layout & where non-smokers get banished to).

Didn't eat at any of the Okura restos. Great dinners at Terraza, Galaxy and Il Teatro, Wynn (get the window seat or the booth closest to the window to ensure good view of the dancing water fountain).

Only negatives (& I'm nitpicking in order to provide some balance to this review):

1. the cigerette smell in the hallways & the rooms. Don't think they can get the smell out of the carpets, walls, furniture, etc. Pretty noticeable. Though I think this is an issue at all hotels in Macau. The mainlanders love to smoke (and spit, push, walk without looking).

2. the telephone service center staff had no idea what they were doing. Every question or request was "no can do". Do you have fresh milk? No can do. Do you have an electrical socket adaptor? No can do. Can you walk & chew gum at the same time? No can do. When we would ask the same question to the lounge staff, it was no problem. So we ended up just asking them directly if we had a query. GM told me that the telephone service center staff is centralised for all the hotels of the complex and so staff quality control is tougher to monitor.

Conclusion: Impressed and will return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank horatiojml
Dear Horatiojml,

Thank you for your detail review of our hotel, its facilities and food. We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel in its entirety and that you gave us this opportunity to prove the negative comments wrong. We strive to improve our hotel (both hardware and software), our restaurants, and staff performance. Currently, one of our changes includes amendments to our menus so that we may offer a larger variety of foods in response to our guests’ requests for more choices to choose from; as well as many other aspects of the hotel. We recommend that you try it during your next visit.

We sincerely thank you for complimenting our Executive Lounge, its members, our facilities, and room. Our staff work extremely hard to maintain our high service quality standard. In addition, we are glad that you were pleased with the restaurants from Galaxy, the Banyan Tree Spa, the Resort Deck, as well as the convenient location of the casino.

In regards to the baby cot, we have informed the respective department to look into it, and will take the necessary actions to ensure the safety and comfort of the baby cots for our guests and their children. Also, in reference to the cigarette smell, we try to keep the smell to a minimum, cleaning frequently and trying to keep smoking limited to only the smoking floors; however, sometimes we have guests that do not abide by the no smoking signs and often leave the non-smoking areas with a cigarette smell before our staff may inform them to smoke in a designated smoking area. We have passed this message on to management and will take further actions to help improve this so that all our guests may enjoy their stay at Hotel Okura Macau. Lastly, due to the fact that our teleservice is centralized, as you also mentioned, it is difficult for all our teleservice staff to know the details of each hotel, as they are all so different in operations. However, we understand that is not an excuse, and will better train our staff to be able to effectively help our guests with all their inquiries.

It has been a joy being able to impress you , and it is our deepest desire that you will visit our hotel again in the future; then, once again review us on TripAdvisor, and have no negative comments because you will be satisfied with our improvements.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm so happy that I've such a great time at Okura Hotel. Spending my BD here was amazing, I've been here from Sep 11 to Sep 13' 2013. I felt like I was transported to my beautiful home with well-managed team of staff. A guidance to explore the attractive places and a MUST DO list in Macau were given by the friendly concierge. That's not the end of my story, unintentionally I told him that it's my BD then I went out for dinner with my husband. When I came back to my room, it's nice having a surprised BD present and a bottle of wine offered. I couldn't believe it. The hotel has so much care for its customers till my check-out time on the last day.

Room Tip: Panoramic view of fantastic swimming pool is very nice.
Dear Phetcharee J,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay with Hotel Okura Macau. We are overjoyed that you had such a remarkable time at our hotel. We are gladdened that our staff were able to surprise you with the birthday gift from Hotel Okura; as well as, be able to provide a beauteous environment for you to fully enjoy your special occasion.

We eagerly look forward to your next stay with us. It has been our pleasure to be able to help make your birthday so momentous.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed in a Superior Suite for one night. I am attracted by its room facilities including in-room sauna, steam and jacuzzi. I love to enjoy these with my wife together with privacy. The room is clean and comfortable. Besides, its in-door swimming pool and gym room is also satisfactory. Its staff at 6/F executive lounge delivers services with warm and cares. I am definitely satisfied by Hotel Okura Macau. Highly recommended!

Dear Cheng C,

Thank you for your positive comments on our hotel and staff. It brings us great satisfaction to be able to provide our guests with the privacy and happiness that they deserve when staying at Hotel Okura Macau. Our hotel strives to keep service standards high so that all our guests will be more than pleased.

We sincerely hope you visit again soon in the near future. It is a joy being able to provide you with the Okura hospitality.

HK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I would like to praise the staff of Okura Hotel for their excellent services during the busy summer holidays and this really impressed me and my family.
It appeared to me that everything was in order and it required almost zero waiting time upon check-in, check-out and enquiries.
We really enjoyed even we just stayed for one night!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Veronicahung,

Thank you for your many compliments. We work hard to ensure that all of our guests have a smooth and exquisite trip from check-in to check-out. We are extremely proud to be able to provide that kind of top quality service to you and your family.

Our hotel is always working on improvements to make your experience even better than before. We hope you will choose Hotel Okura again for future trips to Macau.