“Nice Okura Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hong Kong
“Nice Okura Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hallo all

My couple had the opportunity to stay one night in Hotel Okura in Aug 7, 2013, the room number was 1240. We found one new improvement of Galaxy which leads all its peer, all Galaxy coach now have free wifi for the public. That's great!!!!
Wow, there were so many people coming to enjoy their summer vacation. I met Chinese, Japanese, Korean and some European in the swimming pools. They were all enjoying the nice environment very much. After cleaning up after a relaxing swimming session, I gambled a bit, got a little profit and some marks then went back to the room.
The accident came in the next morning. When packing her belonging my wife had her left thumb banged by the toilet door. Blood came out and she seemed painful. Too bad we did not have bandage etc in out luggage, we can only wrap up the furt finger by tissue paper. When we were checking out, thanks to Tom and Shawn in the receiption counter. They brought medical spirit and bandge and helped wrapping up my wife thumb immediately. IWe appreciate their help very much.
I take this opportunity to thank Galaxy and all its staffs, they are so helpful.
And Galaxy will remains as the best resort for me in Macau .

So Anthony
Club Member 20135599

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sohincheong
OkuraMacau, Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Mr. So,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience from your recent visit.

We are truly delighted that you had a beautiful summer vacation along with good luck gained from the casino. We are sorry to hear that your wife had minor injury on left thumb, however we are glad to be able to provide assistance immediately. Our Concierge team members Tom and Shawn, as well as all of our team members pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized and intuitive service delivery. We hope your wife is fully recovered by now, and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future.

Hotel Okura Macau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
HK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

2 kids and 2 adults stayed at Okura for the bday celebration over the weekend. I have stayed many hotels in Macau including Bayan Tree, Wynn, Grand Hyatt, MO...overall speaking, the hardware of all these hotels can't be bad because hotels in Macau are so new. However, if you want something heartfelt service on top of basic hardware, Okura is the best among all.

We stayed at the superior suite and the room is nicely decorated, spacious. You can't miss the massage tub and steam room and sauna are well equipped in a big washroom area. Facilities are so human and practical. From front desk check-in to housekeeping, room service, cleaning lady, etc...they are well trained! Appreciate their politeness and esp. Tom, the front desk staff always has a great smile and helpful.

Thanks again for the cake to my kid and we had a lovely stay at Okura Macau. We will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: rooms with resort view is nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SalinaLam
Dear Salina Lam,

Thank you for sharing a rewarding feedback from your recent experience in Hotel Okura Macau. All of our superior suites are well equipped with private steam, sauna and Jacuzzi in spacious bathroom. We are delighted that you had a wonderful suite experience, we also are truly grateful for your warmhearted feedback on our well trained staffs. Comment like yours definitely brightens up our day, the smile of our guests motivates us to keep working harder every day. We will absolutely share your feedback to all of our team members, especially Tom. Once again, we deeply appreciate for taking your time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon for another beautiful stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would highly recommend Hotel Okura Macau for your stay if you deserve quality accommodation, hospitality and relaxation. My first Hotel Okura visit was last August (2012) with a Travelzoo deal and stayed in a Superior Suite. The hotel scents like Sakura which is different from the spices scent in Galaxy. We could enjoy VIP check in service at the 6/F Okura Lounge with the suite reservation as well as the lounge service (buffet breakfast, tea, evening drinks and snack throughout the day). The hotel staff is very polite and professional. They offered me coffee and tea while I was waiting for my check-in. The Superior suite is nicely furnished (living room, 2 huge LCD TV, espresso machine with 4 free capsules!) and the bathroom is equally huge with a Jacuzzi, stream room (with the shower) and a small private Sauna room. There are two toilets, both come with electrical seats, which is super cool and very high tech. Japanese bath-suits are served. Another highlight is the in-door swimming pool, though it is not a huge one in compare to the outdoor artificial beach, it is quite and I enjoyed the spectacular view with the infinity pool side attached to the glass wall. Massage chairs and other gym facilities are available next to the swimming pool, but time was running short and I didn't have time to try them. The artificial beach is shared with Galaxy and Banyan Tree and it is relatively crowded, but it would be fun to join some of the activities or at least swim in the artificial waved pool and enjoy the sun. There were so many things to enjoy and one night's stay was not enough.

Then I had my second stay in a regular room three months later before Christmas, the room was clean and nice. Though that time I did not use the 6/F VIP check-in, the lobby staff was as efficient and professional. I really enjoy the quietness and refreshing scent of the hotel. Dinner at Terrance restaurant was nice too.

My third stay was in May 2013 during my mom and my birthday, I booked 2 Superior suites again and really enjoyed our birthday. By showing our ID, the hotel gave us a bottle of red wine and some Japanese desserts for each suite, served by a room-service lady. During this stay, I found out the suite with King bed serves better view of the artificial beach while double rooms/suites serve only the view of waterfront (with some constructions). I am looking forward to my fourth stay in Oct 2013, I will book a Junior Suite and try out the difference.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MLee506
OkuraMacau, Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear MLee506,

No words can express how thankful we are for your precious feedback with great pictures.

Through your words all the future readers can find the essence of Hotel Okura Macau. We try to offer not only a top-notch location, nicely furnished rooms, amazing infinity swimming pool and high tech facilities, but also strive our best to provide our professional services. Our Executive Lounge, Front Office and Room Service teams try to turn every single regular stay into a beautiful memorable stay. Once again we deeply appreciate your trust and support to Hotel Okura Macau, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We've stayed in Galaxy before but it was our first time to stay at Hotel Okura and I was impressed. I love the decors at the reception area and our check-in went smoothly (very friendly front desk staff).

We booked a Deluxe Room for our stay and they managed to give us the resort view we requested. The room was amazing, very spacious, well designed and clean. Also, I loved the origami they made and placed on our bed (appreciate the little things in life right?:D).

We checked out Okura Lounge and the hotel's indoor pool, it was okay. The Grand Resort Deck is one of the best areas. We spent our entire afternoon relaxing by the main pool. As for spa, we booked a session at Banyan Tree Spa and it was amazing!

The Terrace Restaurant wasn't as I expected it would be when compared to Festiva but I still loved the food they offered for breakfast, they have bacon and salmon! :D

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and I would definitely recommend Hotel Okura. I wouldn't mind staying there over and over again.

Room Tip: Request for a high floor with a resort view :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank abaricante
Dear Aaron B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our Japanese style facilities and grateful for your compliment regarding room decor. Your precious feedback certainly motivates us to continue giving our utmost best in offering the highest-quality relaxation through Okura’s harmonious combination of function and comfort for all of our guests. We hope there will be another honorable opportunity for us to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I loved this Hotel. Different routes of shuttle buses i think this is one of the reason for me to choose Hotel Okura .I stayed for a night at a grand deluxe view room.The room was clean and cozy and the bathroom is very big. Another good surprise was the minibar, where not only tea and coffee were complimentary, but also beer and soft drinks. The staff was very friendly and professional. i hope i will choose Hotel Okura Macau next time !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mercy C
OkuraMacau, Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Mercy C,

Thank you for your valuable feedback from your recent stay at Hotel Okura Macau. We are delighted that you were able to deeply immerse yourself in the beauty and comfort of our hotel’s facilities and amenities. It is our hotel’s goal to allow each guest to thoroughly experience and enjoy our Japanese style facilities.
Thank you again for staying at Hotel Okura Macau. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Venlo, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Dedication to serve clients in Hospitality to the standards they require today, is a class of its own at all Okura Hotels World Wide. To bring it in reality 24 hours, 365 days a year, needs Love, Admiration for the Passion of Hospitality. Okura is the only 5 Star Hotel chain what go's beyond The Touch of Serving......its "The Touch of Feeling like a Star"
Okura Tokyo, Kyoto, Taiwan, Bangkok and Amsterdam, they all represent that Amazing Feeling, but my favorite is Okura Macau..... the best hotel in Macau!!

Gerard Lases.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GERARDLASES G
Dear Mr. Lases,

Goedemiddag!

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous feedback from your recent stay with us.
We are truly grateful for your continued patronage to the Okura Group. We pride ourselves in giving professional, yet warm, genuine and expedient service to all our guests. Thank you for allowing us the pleasure of making your stay at Hotel Okura Macau a pleasant one; your generous praises gives us the strength and dedication to continue working hard every day and further improve our service skills.
Once again thank you for your observations and recognition of our service and facilities. we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I like the Complimentary Galaxy Express (shuttle services) between Galaxy Macau™ and Macau Ferry Terminal/Taipa Ferry Terminal/Macau International Airport/Border Gate/ Lotus Border. I also love the breakfast at the Terrace Restaurant. The Superior Room we stayed was spacious, well equipped and excellent in design. The staffs we encountered were courteous and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lipsengtan_frps
OkuraMacau, Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear lipsengtan_frps,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback from your recent stay with us.

We are truly delighted that you were pleased with our shuttle bus services that provides convenient access to many locations. We are also enthusiastic that you enjoyed our spacious guest accommodations and our Terrace Restaurant, which offers continental breakfast. It is through such thoughtful and supportive comments like yours that give our staff the continued inspiration to impart impeccable service each day.

We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Hotel Okura Macau.