$191
$153
Hotel Royal Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$96
$204
$141
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Lapa Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$128
$91
Trip.com
$228
$205
Rio Hotel & Casino(Macau)(Great Value!)
$105
$81
Agoda.com
$241
$191
1,719 results
All reviewssuperior suitejapanese stylewave poolgalaxy complexsauna roomcakeexecutive floorbottle of red winesteam showertea setgrand resort deckanniversary celebrationhealth clubbirthday cardchoose this hotelother hotelslobby lounge
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel overnight and were very impressed. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. The gym and pool facilities are good. We could not check in until 3 pm and had to check out by 11.00 am but they were quite happy to look after our luggage and there is plenty to do whilst you wait. I would happily return. The complex the hotel is in (Galaxy) also appeared to be cleaner than the neighbouring Venetian and City of Dreams.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
OkuraMacau, Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Joanne R,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel Okura Macau.
We are delighted to know that our service and facilities impressed you. Your comments have been shared with our team. We trust that this will motivate them to keep up with the good performance. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in the superior suite. The suite was fantastic with a jacuzzi, steam shower and sauna in the toilet. The suite was very clean and constantly topped up with fresh bottles of drinking water. There was also a nice welcome tray of Japanese sweets with green tea on the table on our arrival. The hotel staff were very friendly and the concierge had very good knowledge of the places to visit and recommended goof macaunese food for us to try too. Our stay was very good and we will definitely return to okura.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SuYinKoh,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your trip and satisfied with our facilities and services. Your compliment certainly motivates us to work our utmost best to provide the best Japanese hospitality to exceed the expectations of our guests. Thank you for staying us once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

If youre expecting Okura Macau to have the same type of service and software like in Japan, don't hold your breath. Don't get me wrong, it's a classy stylistic hotel like every other Okura hotel, beautifully designed with the trademark Okura stamp on it, it's just something inside deep in it's software isn't quite as "Okura" as it could be. Being in the local Hospitality/Gaming industry myself and also an old regular to the top tier hospitality names in Japan, I was a little taken aback by the lack of attention and detail by the hotel staff. Checkin was done thoroughly and without delay but no one bothered to come help me with the bag I was holding, maybe everyone was busy, still. After enquiring about where to eat, I was told that Yamazato would be a good choice and after I unpacked I went back downstairs only to find out from another staff that since it was Monday the restaurant was closed. The hotel room itself is very nicely decorated and designed, very "Japanese" and in the same vein as other Okura hotels - a huge bathtub with onsen bathsalts are big points in my book. Later on in the night while I ordered room-service and enquired about desserts, I was transferred no less than 3 times to 3 different individuals as to what I wanted and what my enquiry was about. It seems like no one knew what cakes or desserts they had in the hotel or if they even had cheesecake on the menu. The food we ordered was good enough and the bento box was def a nice touch. A minor complaint would be that the walls are very thin and all the cleaning and washing next door could be heard quite clearly in the room in the morning, which could bother some light sleepers. Upon checkout however, I was quite dissappointed. Since I was in a rush, I had told the bellboy to bring my bags down and Ill meet him downstairs. I couldn't wait for the bags to arrive so after speaking to the head concierge and tipping him $20 HKD in front of everyone he agreed he'd remember me and I wouldn't need a reclaim tag as I'll be right back. I returned after only to find the head concierge wasn't there and they needed a reclaim tag from me to get my bags. Even the others that were there when I spoke to the head conciege recognized me but didn't say anything. I told them he said he would remember me and I didn't need it, they called him and spoke on the phone but in the end I still needed a tag which he told me himself I didn't - but as I was running out of time I complied with the SOP and gave them my passport to document while others looked on as if I'm trying to steal my own bags. I was thinking if I should have tipped him $100, maybe then he would remember me properly and have the decency to tell others to await for my return and remind them I'm coming back. If I was in Japan or a proper Japanese Hotel, the staff would be bowing to me and apologizing to me nonstop for taking up my time and troubling me, with endless "gomen-nasai's" just to make it more bearable for me - the customer. This SOP motion took many precious minutes off my schedule and they were not even in a hurry doing this even though I told them I am very pressed for time, some without smiles even as I couldn't believe my eyes. The whole point of a 5 star hotel is to make your stay easier/pleasant and more convenient, that's why we pay more to stay at one than staying at a regular hotel. But clearly, they didn't. The only other grievence I have is the early checkout time, in an industry where late-checkout is a 5 star luxury, the checkout time is even earlier than most 4 star tour group hotels. Where's the luxury here even if we don't need it, atleast have the option for us. Without the above complaints, the Okura would rightly soar along with the rest of the Okura brethren, just at the moment it's flying with clipped wings.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Adrian F

Dear Adrian F,

We deeply appreciate for your comprehensive review of your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to meet your expectations. We would like to apologize for the overall condition of our services which were certainly not circumstances you were expecting. Your suggestions are very important to our hotel.

We have referred and highlighted your feedback to the operational managers to follow up with the reinforcement for our staff training in urgent manner. Despite the unpleasant experience you have encountered, we truly hope that we will have another opportunity to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Among the three hotels in Galaxy Macau, I expected the Okura would provide the best service as they are originated from Japan, where the service industry is famous. When my husband arrived on scheduled time, they could not provide us the room with double bed. The reception said they could provide us a room with balcony but only twin bed. We went there to celebrate my husband birthday, and it is quite ridiculous for young couple to sleep on twin beds. We rejected and they said they will have room available in 2 hours. They said we can go to the swimming pool and will let us store our stuff with them. Later, they gave us a room but the carpet was wet. We call the hotel staff to deal with it but when we return in about 1.5 hours, it was not done. Later, we call for the service center for a bandage since my husband was hurt in the swimming pool. We wait for more than 30 minutes but no one come. Later, we call again for the wet carpet and bandage, they finally came in about 5 minutes. Another thing is the hotel is not very old, but the bathroom is not in very good condition. All in all, we think Okura Macau is lack of staff and they are not well-trained enough. The reason maybe Chinese are not like Japanese, their working attitude is different and could not provide as great service as they are in Japan.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Olivia T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we sincerely hope that your husband is fully recovered.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconsistent service you have experienced. Your valuable comments regarding room carpet, bathroom and services have been addressed and conveyed to our team members to insure necessary improvement.

Please allow us to continue monitor and review for further improvement. We assure you of our best intentions and care to make our services better and hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

3-day trip; I would say the rating would be more like 3.5 stars... great property, decorated so beautifully, many amenities, concierge extremely helpful sometimes; however some parts of service was sorely missed and be aware that rooms with two beds are only 2 double/full beds; each room is NOT appropriate for guests more than 2 people; at a hotel like this I would've expected their rooms to be equipped with 2 queens. Bathroom is the best part of the room as it is massive. Regarding their service, I called down to ask for them to provide the number of a nearby hotel which we wanted to use to book a massage (also note that Hotel Okura does not have its own spa, guests can use Banyan Tree next door), the guy said they he can't look it up and that I was to look it up on my own -- it was very unprofessional and eventually after more talking/inquiry the guy admitted that he even was picking up towels while he was taking the call so he couldn't look up the info. Not special to this particular hotel, but in general in Macau hotel/high-end service is quite hit or miss. Also staff members doesn't speak all 3 languages necessarily, as I found out trying to speak Cantonese to some of the front desk staff only to have them have no idea what I was saying; some only respond to Mandarin and some even only speak English. Not a big deal, but it can be quite a hassle to repeat yourself 3 times each time you ask something. If service could be stepped up, this hotel would be flawless.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank calbearhk
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2016

Dear calbearhk,

Warmest greetings from Hotel Okura Macau. We miss you so much and it has been quite a while we have not heard from you. Thank you for your continued support and patronage to our hotel and we hope that you had enjoyed your last visit to Macau. We are very happy to share with you that our property has doubled the size by increasing the number of dining options to over 120 restaurants including Michelin star restaurants. Besides, we do have new shopping precinct featuring over 200 shops including first-to-Macau brands, luxury flagship stores, designer boutiques and high-street lifestyle favorites. Last but not the least; we do feature the world’s longest skytop aquatic adventure river ride at 575 meters - skytop adventure rapids which is just 5 minute access from our guest room at the Grand Resort Deck, together with world’s largest skytop wave pool and white sand beach, plus exhilarating waterslides, beach lagoons, white water rapids, geysers, waterfalls and kids zone.

It is our utmost pleasure to welcoming you back to the Japan’s legendary Okura Hotels & Resorts that provides one-stop services to you and your beloved family as we could not wait anymore to see you in the nearest future.

Guest Relations Team