“Nice place to stay”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #11 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed January 23, 2014

When I arrived the hotel after about 6 hours of traveling from my point of origin, I was greeted by a great smile at the entrance of the hotel and they guide me to the check-in counter, was told that I should check-in at the VIP desk as they had upgraded my room. The check-in was so smooth with no hiccups, took only like 5 mins to complete the whole process. Went straight to the room after receiving my room keys and was greeted with a huge surprise! They have given me a suites instead of deluxe room! All in all I had enjoyed my stayed at the hotel and will sure be back again to stay for my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Hello Edwwerth,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear our staff was able to offer quick and efficient service at check in and you've enjoyed our suites. Please do come and visit us again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back to us.

There are newer reviews for Galaxy Hotel

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Check in was pretty good at 4pm (read that there were issues from other reviewers about the long waits. Saw huge queues during fri-sun. So try to check in an hour or so after 2-3pm if possible to avoid the queues) galaxy is Huge and the Diamond display was lovely. There are also random dances and mini shows throughout the hotel lobby through the day. It made wondering about a fun experience.

Our 1st room was on the 8th floor and comfortable but was close to the road and the construction crew. My partner and i tried our best to ask the service line for a room change to either a higher floor or one overlooking the pool but was told nicely that it was all full.

As a frequent tripadvisor lurker, i reread some of the reviews for the galaxy macau trying to find something which could help me. I found out that Galaxy's Guest Care Manager frequently replied to many of the reviews here and subsequently sent him an email to ask for his help in hopes for acquiring a quieter room.

Nathan was very very helpful and my partner and i have just been transferred to a beautifully quiet room on a higher floor and it is Perfect!

Nathan, I truly appreciate your help and effort and my partner and i will now be able to fully enjoy beautiful Macau and the Galaxy hotel's many attractions. All thanks to you and the staff who helped us with our room transfer.

Room tip: higher floors are much quieter. If cant get higher, ask for a room facing the pools.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Skyrai
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Skyrai,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments regarding your recent experience at Galaxy Hotel. I was real happy to receive your e-mail which allowed me the opportunity to offer something suitable to your expectations. I have shared your notes with my Hotel Duty Managers who should deserve more credit than I. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and feel free to reach me for anything that I can be of your assistance.
All my best wishes,

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Galaxy has the best rooms that I have stayed at in Macau thus far. Very comfortable large room that offered great features. The room was clean and nice looking. The hotel is located near several great restaurants within a short walking distance. Overall I was very impressed and would stay there again. The only downside was most of the coffee shops did not open in the morning until 8:00am. It was tough to find a good cup of coffee before 8:00am.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Hi Soar573,
Thank you for your review and great to hear you had a wonderful time! I must agree with you our central location is unbeatable for exploring the old Taipa. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we appreciate your kind words! We are sorry the coffee shops are not available during the early hours but assure you that our in room dining services can fix you a good cup of coffee anytime. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Galaxy Macau!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Amazing hotel with great service from the Galaxy staff, a friend and I stayed for one night and had a lovely stay. Spacious and comfortable room, clean bathroom and efficient room service. You pay for the experience, it was just a shame that the resort deck and wave pool were closed for renovations, as that was the deciding factor of our stay (despite being winter, we still wanted to check it out). Happy with the complimentary WIFI, but complimentary mini bar was a bit of a let down as there was only a few soft drink and beer cans.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angela K

Hello Angela K,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always great to hear compliments of our room service. I will be sure to share your comment with the team and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future with our wave pool ready to serve you.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

What are fantastic entertainment complex at the Galaxy Macau.
The service exceptional from arrival to departure and it is recommended as A++ to all.
The Hotel room we stayed in was the right size, extreamly clean and had all the mod cons you could ask for.
The wave pool (on the second floor) is an awesome attraction for all ages with the best breakfast I have ever had (Festiva), the most amazing nightclub I have been to (China Rouge), Whisky Bar (Macallan), Italian restaurant (Terazzo)....it goes on and on.
I will be back again very soon.

Room Tip: Ask for the Premium rooms over looking Macau
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mario P
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Mario P,
Thank you so much for your 5-star review! Great to hear you enjoyed the lovely view from your Premier Suite and had a fantastic experience trying out the various restaurants & bars we have in Galaxy Macau. I have passed on you kind words to the team here at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

excellent hotel....rooms were too good...huge rooms ....very clean...service was good....one of the best or no.1 hotel in macau...casino is there so its fun...amazing place to stay with family with kids

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sunny116
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hello sunny116,
I was happy that you enjoyed your room and had a great time at the casino. Please do come and visit us again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back to us.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed there 2 nights . The service was good. Very clean and comfortable hotel. Very magnificent Crystal Hall. For sure,I will bring friends to come to this fun place again. Compare to other casino and hotel, Galaxy is my first choice to have fun and stay in Macau.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JessieLin
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hello JessieLin,
It is always great to hear our staffs provide excellent service and left a lasting impression. Your review will be shared with the entire team and they will be very happy to read all of your kind words. Last but not least, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sincerely yours,