“The best hotel in Macau!!”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #11 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is absolutely wonderful and in my opinion, the best hotel in Macau. I was so amazed with my superior king size room on the 30th floor. It was very spacious, had an awesome view and the built ins were of great quality. Mini bar was free of charge, but had limited items in it and was never replenished, but who cares...it's free. All the staff were very courteous and helpful, and they also greeted guests warmly by putting their right hand on their left shoulder while bowing slightly, which was some what of a malaysian culture. I'm malaysian and I never thought I would see that gesture in macau.

The casino was just okay for me...mainly because I'm very much a poker player and they didnt have a poker room. However, it had lots of slot machines and table games ranging from minimum of HKD300 up to HKD5,000 on the main floor, which was a standard in most Macau casinos.

The best part of the resort was the grand resort deck on the 2nd floor which was exclusive to guests only. It had a huge swimming pool and a wave pool. The wave pool was really unique because none of the other hotels had that. The deck was beautifully designed and they even had an outdoor jacuzzi. World class!!

The property had lots of food and retail outlets which was very convenient for guests. There are also frequent coaches that offers free rides to other casinos, ferry terminals, airports and other touristic sites. The hotel also has a cinema that shows most of the latest movies. I also had room service for breakfast one morning and it arrived right on time and perfectly. The breakfast costs around HKD190 which I think is quite reasonable for a hotel standard.

All in all, I was in awe as soon as I arrived at the hotel, starting from the architecture of the property until the services provided. I will not choose any other hotels in Macau as long as Galaxy still exists. It has been a wonderful experience. Thank you so much.

-V-

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear valued guest,
Sounds like you really enjoyed the outlook of our hotel and the beautiful view from your room! It was a pleasure to read that we met your expectation most of the areas and we appreciate your kind words to comment the excellent service from our staffs. Thank you for making us your best hotel and please come back soon to Galaxy Macau where you are royalty!
With warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for Galaxy Hotel

Reviewed October 21, 2013

As per my title the rooms are big even for their cheapest room. The rooms are relatively cheap compared to the other casino hotels. Everything is new (they started operation for less than a year) and the package I go comes with free mini bar which was nice. They also provide many complimentary bottle of water in the room. (You can also get free mineral water in the casino) Bed, toilet and room are very clean when I check-in.

Staffs are very well trained and very good service. For English speaking guest you would have no worries as with most macau casino hotels many of their staff are not local and they speak pretty good English.

Variety of food outlet on lobby floor and eating out is of no hassle as one could get a taxi conveniently at the lobby. One other reason for recommending Galaxy Hotel would be that it is less crowded as compare to hotel like The Venetian Macao-Resort-Hotel where they get so packed that it gets uncomfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear zwx86
Thank you so much for your 5-star review and your loyalty to the Galaxy Macau! Great to hear you enjoyed the various amenities in your room and found a good choice of eateries without feeling crowded. Your compliment on our staffs is very much appreciated! Thank you for choosing to stay in Galaxy and we can't wait to see you again soon!
Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Galaxy Hotel is new, with plenty facilities in particular the swimming pool with artificial exciting wave and tide. The hotel services are good, staff are efficient and friendly. The room is spacious, quite and comfortable. Free shuttle bus services are provided for convenient travel to all parts of Macau. I believe this hotel's free shuttle bus services is the best and the largest scale of which only those provided by Venetian Hotel is close to it, others' are not comparable.

The hotel has a big casino located at the ground floor. The casino is pleasant, spacious with clean air. One thing you have to be aware that if you come with young adult family members, the latter may often be asked to produce document to prove age whenever gaining entry into the casino (not because they wanted to stay in the casino but just because it was a short cut access to return to the hotel lift lobby). The casino guards were just very robust to check age identity to enforce the regulation. My daughters were annoyed for repeated checkings day and after. Furthermore, on several occasions I saw they stopped some visitors looked to be near thirty of age but were nevertheless being asked to produce identity document for checking age. The consequence was that those visitors argued heatedly with the guards but in vain. Eventually they either had to produce age identity document or went away.

I specially adduced this to advise you because young family members attaining 21 sometimes hate others doubt they are adults already, whereas for those over 40+ like me will be glad to be seen as young man asked by the guards for age identity. So please let your young adult family members, if any, be psychologically prepared to encounter the situation described above. Otherwise their holiday mood will be sadly affected.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KLChung

Dear KLChung,
Thank you for your kind suggestion to others regarding the new age law effective Nov.2012. Your advice to mentally prepare young family members before walking into any casino in Macau is very helpful. The new age law not only introduces an age limit but also penalties for both gamblers and casino operators who breach the law. Fines are set from MOP 1,000 to 10,000 for youngsters under 21 years who enter casinos while operators could pay a fine from MOP 10,000 to 500,000. Offenders could also face charges for civil disobedience. We do not want to inconvenience our guest but on the other hand, we have to obey to the law. I am glad you had a nice stay with us and we look forward to be serving you again in the nearest future.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Galaxy provides a lot of facilities, and some of them are different from the others such as the beach pool, massage parlour, my family members and friends really enjoyed very much during the stay. As for myself I love the casino environment.

Room Tip: Kids will the beach pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hello albertsh,
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Galaxy Hotel and that we met your expectations. I was happy that you liked a good mix of the various shops & facilities we have in this property and you found the time to try them out. I have passed on you kind words to my great team here at the hotel and I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed there in December 2012. The hotel was very very new with a light show at one of the lobbies and another static display at another end of the lobby.

As with most large hotels in Macau, there is a casino on the ground level which was not jammed pack with gamblers like at the ventian.

Lots of eateries and restaurants in the hotel complex including a portuguese restaurant which we loved.

We booked a suite and it had a living room at one end and a bedroom at the other end. In between was the toilet which has a shower box and a tub. Toiletries were nice - Molton Brown.

The room was excellent. There was a Nespresso machine in the room and the coffee and tea was refilled daily. I suppose you can call for more. As part of the deal we booked, all drinks in the mini bar were free so we had a jolly good time. :-)

Location wise, its stands on its own but it had a massive bus terminal that had free shuttle buses going to all the other major hotels as well as other locations including to the venetian where you can hope on the other buses that serve the venetian.

We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hello zanydog44,
Thank you for your review and great to hear you had a jolly good time! I must agree with you our shuttle bus service is unbeatable for exploring the different places in Macau. We are delighted to hear our suite had met your every expectation. I'll be sure to share your comment with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The staff is very patient and polite and gave us the time for information we need; clean and nice spacious room. At night we also went to their Terrazza italian restaurant, this is a plus point of this hotel because the food is really good and authentic. I will definitely come back again, great service.

Room Tip: If you don't feel comfortable with the pillows they have another types for alternation.
Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Olivia L,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always great to hear compliments of our service. I will be sure to share your comment with the team and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
With kindest regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Galaxy appears to be very grand from the outside. The lobby area and the shopping below is also appealing. We stayed there purely to experience the wave pool and it did not disappoint. It is clean and there are ample sun beds. The rooms, however, we're somewhat disappointing. We requested a room with a balcony, which was a complete waste of time as you must ask staff to unlock the doors and there is not one piece of furniture on them. The rooms are small compared to other hotels in Macau. The free mini-bar that they advertise is in fact 2 cans of beer and 2 cans of soft drinks. The minibar is not replenished once this is gone. The staff here were very friendly and helpful, but that is to enough for me to return. I would not stay at the Galaxy again, the Venetian is defintely the pick in Macau.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank choobsta

Dear choobsta,
I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your experience at the Wave Pool and found our staffs were friendly, nonetheless, I do apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused for the balcony door issue and I can assure you it was for safety reason. I will be sure to share your notes with the related team and I dearly hope that you would consider staying in our hotel once again in the future.
Sincerely yours,