“Probably the most important hotel in Macau.”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #11 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at galaxy for the second time, the first was when it had first opened a little over 2 years ago. A lot has changed since then. When I say the most important hotel, it rivals the venetian for importance, but is kind of a central hub for all of the other hotels/casinos.

They have their own bus system that connects from the piers and the airport and a number of other buses that take you to other casinos and hotels, Taipa etc. No other hotels offer that much bus service and a lot of their buses have free wifi. If you were to stay at the Sheraton, they charge you for wifi in your rooms while not only does the Galaxy offer it to all of their guests for free but on their buses.

The room this time around wasn't as nice as the first time, no balcony but a lovely bathroom and comfortable bed area. They offer a free mini bar which is a first for me. Free drinks and beer, chips and noodles. That was refreshing.

The lobby itself is huge and has a nice diamond show every 30 mins or so. A lot of money, work and detail went into the making of this hotel which is ever expanding. 2 other hotels share the property: hotel okura and the banyan tree. They connect in the lobby and have dark, quiet lobbies so it you want to get away from some of the craziness, maybe try those hotels. I do recommend this hotel but I've also found the City of Dreams hotels nice too so maybe check them out also. Stay away from Sheraton. Probably the worst hotel in Macau and a waste of money.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Scottr1984
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Scottr1984,
Thank you for making us your most important hotel in Macau! I am very glad to know that you found the Shuttle Bus service was helpful and enjoy the mini-bar in the room. I am also pleased to know that you found time to try out some of the facilities inside this property and thank you for the kind words. I have shared your notes with the related team and I am sure they will be happy to read it as well. We hope to see you again!
Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Galaxy Hotel

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Internet booking was for a king size bed but was given a twin instead when checking in.
ANOTHER internet booking was for 3 pax for twin. Got the twin but only 2 beds. Had to pay extra for another bed. You should have state that during booking time and not at checkin. Anyway we paid for this as we don't want to argue and we are staying for 4 nights. Can't imagine squeezing 3 grown up adults on 2 single beds.
And internet booking for 2 rooms. Got rooms on separate floors at checkin. Was told that hotel is full and cannot put both rooms on same floor. Very strange that I book more than 2 months before checkin and this thing can happen. It shows not so good planning even though there is ample time to do scheduling.
Some feedback for your consideration.
Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Danielkhng
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with your fellow travelers here on TripAdvisor - we truly value and greatly appreciate everyone who takes the time to provide us with feedback regarding their stay with us. We are indeed very sorry and disappointed to read about your check-in experience, I will make sure to address this with our Front Office Team. I do hope that we can restore your faith in Galaxy Hotel and have been in touch with you personally regarding the issues you experienced. Please accept our apologies and do reach out to me should you wish to discuss this further.

Sincerely yours,
Email: nathan.yu@galaxyentertainment.com

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Galaxy Hotel was a very good place to stay in. Your money will be worth it as you can do many things in their hotel plus the views and the room is perfect. As you enter the hotel, you will notice the nice scent and the good viewing dancing fountain, you can see gold BMW's as well!
Their service was nice as they have accommodating staffs. The room was clean and they have comfy pillows. Internet, no problem. Then if you want to relax, they have a man made beach and 2 kinds of pool. They also have fitness gym and restaurants in the ground floor. Plus they have a shuttle service going to many places. So overall, excellent!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jayvee I,
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Galaxy Hotel and that we met your expectations. I was happy that you liked your room with a nice view and also got time to try out some of the facilities we have. I also wish to thank you for noting the friendly services from our staffs and I have passed on you kind words to my team here at the hotel. I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

First time I stay here, the room bigger than I expect.
Walk to Rua do Cunha just 5 mins.
It's nice place, good location, nice n clean room + free wifi. but quite noisy ( my room near lift )
recommended for travellers who travel Macau.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear SIUREN,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with your fellow travelers here on TripAdvisor - we truly value and greatly appreciate everyone who takes the time to provide us with feedback regarding their stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your room and found the hotel at a convenient location nearby Rua do Cunha. I am sorry you were disturbed by the noise from the lift and I will share your notes with the related team for a better room arrangement next time.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel is well laid out and offers practically everything under one roof. Comfortable rooms in various categories of hospitality which even includes Banyan Tree and Okura.
Various options of dining, play and pool facilities and obviously the never ending size of the Casino - all of this makes it very comprehensive for a getaway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Samit-Garg,
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you found the hotel facilities impressive & rooms comfortable. I am also very pleased to know that you enjoyed the good choice of restaurants and found time to try out some of the facilities we offered to our guests. It was very nice having you as our guest and we look forward to serve you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Overall is a nice getaway if you know your way around Macau. The hotel provide a decent stays and casino fun. Except there times that the mall is crowed by people otherwise it's a perfect. Recept desk / house keeping provide good service and high effiency as we had requests playpan , connecting room, extra towls, travel adaptors and etc. All had been deliver in a timely manner.

Pros:
Casino
big room with Iphone speaker
tub & shower
nice warm bed
Great swimming pool & wave pool
Helpful staff at VIP checkin

Cons:
Too crowed during weekends
Kids room too small

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hello Winnie Ng,
Thank you for you sharing your experience following your stay at Galaxy Macau. I am very pleased to know that our helpful staffs at the Front Desk and Housekeeping had greeted you warmly and had you settled in your room on a timely manner. I will be very happy to share your kind words with the team. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to be welcoming you back to Galaxy Hotel.

Take care,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The first time I stayed at Galaxy Hotel was 5 months after it was opened back in 2011. Back then it still had a lot of construction work inside the hotel and the work flow wasn't as good.

Definitely, they made a huge improvement when compared to now. We stayed there for a night to celebrate my mother's birthday with a few relatives. The check-in process was smooth until we hit a snag when one of the rooms weren't available yet, we had to wait an hour for it. The front desk staff were attentive and kind, they explained issue nicely.

Other than that one issue, the rest of our stay went flawless. The Grand Resort Deck was awesome. They have a huge wave pool, heated pool and there was also a poolside bar opposite the Jacuzzi. The food court selections are much better now than before. Also, they have added a huge cinema in the compound. As for the rooms, they were clean but not as spacious as I remembered but otherwise good enough.

I would definitely stay within Galaxy again especially that they're expanding and adding 2 more hotels to the compound.

Room Tip: High floor with a resort view :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Aaron B,
Thank you for your repeated patronage. I was happy that you enjoyed our service and the touches we provided for your special occasion. It is through the valuable feedback from the guest like your good self, we will be able to reflect and keep continuous improve on our services. I have passed on you kind words to my team here at the hotel and I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.
My warmest regards,