“Great Hotel/Resort”

Ranked #11 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Brisbane
“Great Hotel/Resort”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife, son and I stayed at this Hotel in Early June 2013 and had a brilliant time. We stayed in one of the Suites and were blown away at how amazing the room was. The bathroom was brilliant, great fit out looks amazing, the lounge room and large TV Brilliant and the Bedroom with the King Sized bed...amazing.

The food court was great and offered a wide variety of Asian Food to choose from as well as the large selection of restaurants. All were reasonably priced.

the pool's were great and the Bar with access to $7 (Aus Dollars) cocktails and $4 (Aus Dollars) beer was great as well. Whilst it is not located on the main island and away form the main tourist areas, it didn't bother us as we wanted to be away form the hustle.

The suites come with Wi-Fi which was fast, Free Mini Bar as well as a Capsule Nescafe Coffee machine. I would highly recommend staying in the Suites. Worth that little bit extra. I would highly recommend the hotel and would go back anytime.

Room Tip: Choose the suite that will give you views of the Airport. Great seeing the planes taxi off on a thin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Baz76,
Thank you for your feedback and recommending us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that your experience with our hotel was a success and do come back with your family for more great experience!
With warmest regards,
Guest Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Comprises of 3 hotels - Galaxy, Banyan Tree and Okura. There are not many places to eat at Galaxy: McDonald's, Tsui Wah Restaurant, Taste of Asia (food court style), buffet restaurant, Korea, India etc.
There are more shops at The Venetian Hotel (if you are into shopping).
Rooms are reasonably big with basic amenities: free bottles of water (replenish daily), tea and coffee making facilities, bathrobes and slippers. Bathroom: bathtub, separate shower stall and toilet and amenities.
A must to go in summer: the pool - man-made beach. The kids will love it!
Staff are very helpful. Hotel provides free bus shuttle to various locations: hotels hopping, border of Macau if u want to go to Zhuhai, downtown - St. Paul's ruins, ferry terminals and Macau airport.
Overall, a nice experience and will definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear RLam70,
Thank you for sharing with us your experience following your recent stay at Galaxy Hotel. I was pleased to know that you have enjoyed a nice overall experience. I was glad to know that you found our staffs were very helpful, shuttle bus offered a convenient travel in Macau, and you found the time to try out our facilities at the Grand Resort Deck. I will pass along your comments and we hope to be welcoming you back to us again.

Jakarta
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great facility for what u pay is more u get. the room was very big and neat. All the stores, facility was very complete. Great service for the free shuttle from the harbour till the city with all great timing of leaving and opicking up. Going to stay there again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hello purpletweeny,
Thank you for sharing with us you experience following your recent stay at Galaxy Hotel. I was very happy to hear that you found this hotel great value with nice facilty and big room. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to be welcoming you back soon!
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on Cotai, Macau during Easter weekend this March with my family of 2A2C and my sister family of 2A1C.

We booked our rooms separately online and got different deals, but both deals were fine as rates included buffet breakfast for 2A (child at half price), free WiFi (this is very important nowadays as everyone needs to stay connected), and complimentary pre-stocked mini-bar (this is not commonly offered by hotels ... my wife didn't believe till we checked out).

Check-in was a bit too long in waiting, rooms weren't ready upon check-in at 3pm, had to wait till about 5pm. Check-out also had same problem, maybe it was Easter weekend. In general, staff were helpful.

Room sizes (I had a suite and my sister had a normal room) were very good and nicely layout with everything that you could expect. Great choices of restaurants & food court within the premise. Sadly, the children recreation centre was under renovation, and we only used the great swimming pool. A point to highlight is that you wouldn't feel "casino" like other hotels in Macau.

Short walking distance to the famous food street of Macau where you could try local cuisines and also buy gifts / souvenir.

Overall, it was an enjoyable stay at Galaxy Macau & a great trip to Macau.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Norman_HK,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay at Galaxy Hotel with the travel community here on TripAdvisor. I was glad to know that overall you & your family had an enjoyable stay with us. I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your suite, found a great choice of eateries, and the facilities we offer are suitable for your family. I do apologized for the wait at the Front Desk due to the Easter weekend, we bring in more staffs to help out during the busy weekends in order to create a better experience and hopefully we can demonstrate our service on your next visit to Macau.
Best regards to you & your family,
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Young couple

Perth, Australia
22 June 2013

The GOOD- The room was amazing very nice and spacious. The bathroom was really nice and had quality taps and fixtures etc 2X toilets,. We were on the 33rd floor, so we had a great view and extra staff .
The hotel and Casino is brilliant couldnt fault it as its just the right size- not too big like the other casinos/hotels in Macau, so after an hour of waling around we got a bearings and didnt feel like we could get lost.
I MUST SAY THE CABARET BAR in the casino made this a GREAT place for pre-drinks etc and the prices are very good compared to other places plus its FREE.THE DANCERS ARE VERY GOOD AND WE WENT EVERYDAY FOR A FEW DRINKS.

The BAD- I have read about the language problem before and really does need sorting if they are pushing this place to western people,Some of the staff I would say almost 50%) could not understand me (im English). We were on the 33rd floor and had our own vip lounge-first night they ran out of vodka and we had to wait 15mins for the guy from the bar downstairs to bring another bottle up, not the best service. Also no option to eat in vip lounge -which is a shame as its very nice and quiet so breakfast is downstairs.
One night I had to open my door approx 4am and tell the staff who were outside the room next to us to be quiet- there was about 3 porters and security staff chatting and laughing in the corridor, THIS WAS NOT ON and they apoligized and moved but it left me really upset.
Sqweaky door (on 33rd floor when it closes)
NO POKER- as a poker player I had to go to the other BIG casino to play but not a massive problem as free buses are very good.

I have still given this hotel a 5 out of 5 as we had a great time and WE WILL RETURN- they just need to sort the little problems out.
After coming straight from the FourSeasons in HK the service was no where near on par.
But I think if they sort this out its perfect.
See you soon Macau (-:

Room Tip: I think higher floors are better - if you want to pay for it etc.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear smorgs100,
I was glad that overall you enjoyed your stay in the lovely suite and I have taken note of your helpful comments which I will be dealing with. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and see you soon in Macau!
My best regards,
North Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

They do a great job with keeping the entire property clean. I like that in all the areas of the property they had people that were able to speak English which was very helpful for me.

Will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank devlon
Hello devlon,
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you found the hotel clean and our staff helpful. We appreciate your visit and I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My friends and I visited Macau, although we did not stay in this hotel, we enjoyed the casino, food and shopping. It's like being in anther world, with lots of fun! Staff were very courteous, friendly and very helpful. Had a good dinner, price was reasonable given the "galaxy" of the restaurant and hotel ! Definitely will visit and will consider staying there next time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Adelaida Gigi P,
I was delighted to read that first and foremost you mentioned how friendly and helpful our staffs were during your time with us. The staff members here at Galaxy have, and always will be, the reason for the hotel’s continued success and I thank you for noting this in your review. I was also pleased to know that you had a lovely dinner in Galaxy. I have passed along your kind words and should you plans find you in this great city again, please come visit us again!