“Great Choice for Family Weekend Get-away”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #11 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Hong Kong, China
“Great Choice for Family Weekend Get-away”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on Cotai, Macau during Easter weekend this March with my family of 2A2C and my sister family of 2A1C.

We booked our rooms separately online and got different deals, but both deals were fine as rates included buffet breakfast for 2A (child at half price), free WiFi (this is very important nowadays as everyone needs to stay connected), and complimentary pre-stocked mini-bar (this is not commonly offered by hotels ... my wife didn't believe till we checked out).

Check-in was a bit too long in waiting, rooms weren't ready upon check-in at 3pm, had to wait till about 5pm. Check-out also had same problem, maybe it was Easter weekend. In general, staff were helpful.

Room sizes (I had a suite and my sister had a normal room) were very good and nicely layout with everything that you could expect. Great choices of restaurants & food court within the premise. Sadly, the children recreation centre was under renovation, and we only used the great swimming pool. A point to highlight is that you wouldn't feel "casino" like other hotels in Macau.

Short walking distance to the famous food street of Macau where you could try local cuisines and also buy gifts / souvenir.

Overall, it was an enjoyable stay at Galaxy Macau & a great trip to Macau.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Norman_HK,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay at Galaxy Hotel with the travel community here on TripAdvisor. I was glad to know that overall you & your family had an enjoyable stay with us. I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your suite, found a great choice of eateries, and the facilities we offer are suitable for your family. I do apologized for the wait at the Front Desk due to the Easter weekend, we bring in more staffs to help out during the busy weekends in order to create a better experience and hopefully we can demonstrate our service on your next visit to Macau.
Best regards to you & your family,
Guest Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Young couple

Perth, Australia
22 June 2013

The GOOD- The room was amazing very nice and spacious. The bathroom was really nice and had quality taps and fixtures etc 2X toilets,. We were on the 33rd floor, so we had a great view and extra staff .
The hotel and Casino is brilliant couldnt fault it as its just the right size- not too big like the other casinos/hotels in Macau, so after an hour of waling around we got a bearings and didnt feel like we could get lost.
I MUST SAY THE CABARET BAR in the casino made this a GREAT place for pre-drinks etc and the prices are very good compared to other places plus its FREE.THE DANCERS ARE VERY GOOD AND WE WENT EVERYDAY FOR A FEW DRINKS.

The BAD- I have read about the language problem before and really does need sorting if they are pushing this place to western people,Some of the staff I would say almost 50%) could not understand me (im English). We were on the 33rd floor and had our own vip lounge-first night they ran out of vodka and we had to wait 15mins for the guy from the bar downstairs to bring another bottle up, not the best service. Also no option to eat in vip lounge -which is a shame as its very nice and quiet so breakfast is downstairs.
One night I had to open my door approx 4am and tell the staff who were outside the room next to us to be quiet- there was about 3 porters and security staff chatting and laughing in the corridor, THIS WAS NOT ON and they apoligized and moved but it left me really upset.
Sqweaky door (on 33rd floor when it closes)
NO POKER- as a poker player I had to go to the other BIG casino to play but not a massive problem as free buses are very good.

I have still given this hotel a 5 out of 5 as we had a great time and WE WILL RETURN- they just need to sort the little problems out.
After coming straight from the FourSeasons in HK the service was no where near on par.
But I think if they sort this out its perfect.
See you soon Macau (-:

Room Tip: I think higher floors are better - if you want to pay for it etc.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear smorgs100,
I was glad that overall you enjoyed your stay in the lovely suite and I have taken note of your helpful comments which I will be dealing with. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and see you soon in Macau!
My best regards,
North Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

They do a great job with keeping the entire property clean. I like that in all the areas of the property they had people that were able to speak English which was very helpful for me.

Will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank devlon
Hello devlon,
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you found the hotel clean and our staff helpful. We appreciate your visit and I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My friends and I visited Macau, although we did not stay in this hotel, we enjoyed the casino, food and shopping. It's like being in anther world, with lots of fun! Staff were very courteous, friendly and very helpful. Had a good dinner, price was reasonable given the "galaxy" of the restaurant and hotel ! Definitely will visit and will consider staying there next time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Adelaida Gigi P,
I was delighted to read that first and foremost you mentioned how friendly and helpful our staffs were during your time with us. The staff members here at Galaxy have, and always will be, the reason for the hotel’s continued success and I thank you for noting this in your review. I was also pleased to know that you had a lovely dinner in Galaxy. I have passed along your kind words and should you plans find you in this great city again, please come visit us again!
Best regards,
Reviewed June 22, 2013

On a pre-summer holiday trip to Macau, our family re-captured the most wonderful beach in Galaxy Hotel. As a good start, the receptionist Ms Carrie offered us a room facing the swimming pool.

The two kids were playing surfing board with the artificial waves on the swimming pool for the three days stay. The waves have triggered their screams, smiles and tireless acts over fours hours each day. Each people on the beach (swimming pool) was carrying a remarkable and everlasting smile. They all enjoyed the environment. We shared our happiness there.

I am sure our family will continue this kind of lovely trip every year, or whenever time allows.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Stanley L,
I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I was very pleased to read that first and foremost, your family had a wonderful time with us and our efficient team here at the hotel welcomed you warmly and had you settled into your room in good time. Should your time allow, please visit us again for more fun experience at the Resort.
My kindest regards,
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My families spent holidays in the Galaxy Holel from 16 to 19 June 2013. We absolutely enjoyed our stay and very much appreciated the well trained staffs providing excellent services whenever we need and wherever we went within the area.

The restaurants in the resort are tasty and the hotel is equipped with good facilities and free coaches routes frequent around various places.

Surely I will introduce Galaxy Hotel to my friends and tell them it's not just a Casino and a 'DREAM RESORT'.

Room Tip: Rooms on the on the south side are quieter and have a laser show during night time.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
It was a pleasure to read you found the hotel to be your “Dream Resort” and that you enjoyed the helpful services from our staffs. We appreciate your comments and thank you for recommending us to your friends. I have passed on you kind words to my great team here at the hotel and I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.
With best regards,
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Amazing hotel and all as expected from Galaxy Macau Hotel. We stayed for a short trip in Macau. It was a fantastic experience in all aspects, high grade facilities of Galaxy Macau Hotel and excellent location. Then, a great surprise was to be upgraded from Galaxy Room to Suite. Check in details were handled in-room efficiently and quickly. Mr. Nathan Yu, Guest Care Manager of Galaxy Macau was courteous and provided professional service. We were very impressed his pleasant and flexible attitude. The service at this place is incredible.
I am impressed and highly recommend to stay at Galaxy Macau Hotel. Then we'll be back for sure.
Absolutely wonderful!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kan N,
I was thrilled to read your email and this review on TripAdvisor. I was also very happy to know that we have, once again, met your expectations on this stay and please do come back again soon for more great experience!

My regards to you & your family,