“Awesome”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #9 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Loved Macau - Ensure you check out the Venetican too. Really nice room overlooking the middle section where the pool is. Unfortunately the wave pool wasn't working when we went but the other pools and spas were great. Drink service at the pool too. I loved the impressive entrance, very colourful. Very nice service and overall happy with our stay.
Really huge hotel (best one in Macau - my opinion) very impressive and a must try.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear GinaK845,
I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I was very pleased to read that you consider Galaxy Hotel your best hotel in Macau and thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry the weather had forced us to temporarily close the Wave Pool but I do hope that the other facilities here had made you a pleasant stay. Should your plans find you in Macau, we certainly hope to be serving you once again.

Best regards,
Guest Care Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,668)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. It was a great experience. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Hotel personnel is very attentive and supportive. Minibar is free of charge, but is filled in only once at check-in. Futher filling costs money. There is a variety of restaurants. Whatever you want to eat, you'll certanly find the one suitable personally for you. The hotel provided free shuttle bus services to main attractions. I didn't spent a penny for transportation. Very convenient service. Alsot it is necessary to point out free Wi-Fi (in most HK hotels it is provided for additional money). The pool area is very good for children. It is not too deep. The water is clean. Towels and water are provided on a free of charge basis in front of the pool. All personnel speak English. It was very convenient to communicate. I'll certainly return back to this hotel and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Views from higher floors are more pleasant.

Hello Yuliya L,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay at Galaxy Hotel with the travel community here on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to read you found Galaxy your best hotel and that the staffs were very helpful and appeared eager to please. The staff members here at Galaxy have, and always will be, the reason for the hotels continued success. I was also glad to know that you enjoy all the complimentary services that we offer and I thank you for noting this in your review. Please come back to visit us again!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have heard of this hotel. It looks like quite luxury. I planned a trip for 1 night in galaxy. This hotel is really big n just like a small shopping mall. You will easily get lost in this hotel. I disembarked at Cotai Pier and there is a free shuttle bus driving us to the hotel. Macau is a small place, so it won't take long from the Pier to the hotel.

Once we arrived the hotel entrance, we were surprised by the size of the hotel. It's amazingly big! I am pretty sure that it is easy to get lost in this hotel, esp in the casino. Staff there is quite nice. Since i am from HK, i expect people speak cantonese. But seems those receptionist only speak mandarin, It made me feel a bit odd.

There are many shuttle bus route in galaxy. By taking shuttle i can go to most of the places that i had planned. even if galaxy dun have, i can simply take a shuttle bus to the city of dreams n there r some more routes. So if you hv time to wait for shuttle, u dun actually needa spend money on transportation n worry about the public bus route!

Back to the room itself. Once i get into the room, i feel relax and good. I the dining room, the toilet area is visible, but u can put down the curtain if you prefer some privacy. There is a speaker at the bedside with a iphone 4 plug. The amenities are good, but i wonder why there is no comb provided, luckily i bought my own. The toiletries are packed into boxes and puzzled to a picture of Galaxy building. That was too neat and surprised me! Bath tub is good.

Another thing that is worth to mention is the minibar is free. there are 4 cans of soft drinks and 2 cans of beer. That was quite convenient n i like it so much.

At the second day of the morning i went to the artificial waved beach and swimming pool. I got lost again and didn't know where was the changing room lol. I thought the sand and water are together but actually they are separated. The waved beach is fun. It raise up a high wave at about 1m height. Again, i wonder why the changing room didn't hv comb to comb my hair ~_~ they have everything but comb. i don't know why ~_~ Then we go back to room, pack up things and ready to check out. We put our luggage to concierge then we hanged out.

Check out time is 11am. Its a bit too early. Finally we requested for a late check out at 12pm.
So far this hotel is quite good and i think this experience is memorable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alison K

Dear Alison K,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Galaxy Hotel. I was glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and I have taken note of your helpful comments which I will be sure to share with the team. Please do come back and visit us again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The slogan "here you are royalty" was truly experienced at our recent stay. I thought it was just marketing lingo but it was felt throughout. The staff at every point during our stay; at check in, room service, resort deck, restaurants, and even security made extra effort to help, smile and look after us with genuine warmth. In particular, Shela at Festiva was so lovely and made extra effort to make waffles and pancakes for kids. She spent time chatting with my niece and made her beam with special mickey mouse pancakes. This is why I love Galaxy. Everywhere, people are genuine and seem to love their work. Thank you!!!

Hello canadahk,
Guest Care Manager
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I was absolutely delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Galaxy Hotel and that our Asian Heart Hospitality left a great impression on you. I wish to also thank you for mentioning the kind service from Shela at Festiva and I have passed on you kind words to the restaurant which aim to please. I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.

Truly yours,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My stayed in Galaxy Hotel was exceeded my expectations. I had stayed in Galaxy since their first opening. In my feeling, Galaxy is incredible improvement over the past days. The check-in counter was fast and efficient than before. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helped explaining all the different methods and the best options. Like, during the peak check-in time, there was a huge queue to check-in then, the staff come to break the line and leading guests to move to other luxury club room or other check-in counter. Which made it more efficiency and took a good care of the guests. All staff were friendly with smiling faces.
Inside the Galaxy lobby, no matter front desk, or concierge stood and beautiful long leg ladies, they all were very active to help guests needed. Especial, helped for taking photos with people. I noticed that they used their gesture (used hand to touch heart), seems to show their "warm welcome", or "I care of you".
I did like their professional manner. The staff are well-trained, friendly. Special thanks for the staff Miss Halina. She did very good care of me with courtesy manner.
The building design is absolutely charming and the decoration is very splendid.
Diamond lobby and crystal lobby are placed on the both end of the hotel are elegant and splendid. Room is large and had a fantastic wave sand pool with butterfly shape garden view. Luxury and comfort room.
The mini bar was free. The best part is free shuttle services to a lot of different location.
The overall experience was incredibly enjoyable and had a very memorable stay. I will definitely recommend to my friends and relatives to stay here. And, I have already planned to be return on mid-June.

• Stayed: May 2013

Hello JoeLsm333,
I was absolutely thrilled to read your feedback following your stay with us and also thank you for taking the time to do this. I was delighted to read that first and foremost you mentioned how friendly and helpful our staffs were during your time with us - they will be more than happy to read this as well! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to be serving you again in the nearest future!

With warmest regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Typical luxury hotel expected of the casino area. The hotel is new, so it's quite refreshing addition to the list of hotels in Cotai. It's clean and refreshing, compared to the other older hotels in the area. However, the non-casino leisure area (shopping, dining, pool, and other indoor hotel attraction) is smaller than I expected. The way the hotel is designed is rectangular and at least half of it is the casino. For non-casino goers, you pretty go through a narrow indoor strip of hallway from one end to the other. Choice of stores are limited as they are all high end unlike the Venetian for example which includes more variety of shops. Food and Dining at the Galaxy, you can choose from high-end to quality casual food court dining, which is good. Families with kids will also appreciate that they have choices like a McDonalds. For families with older kids, the movie theater may be a good draw.

The garden and pool in the 2nd floor is actually quite spacious though so it's nice if you like the outdoor ambiance. They also have a wave pool which is unique to them. The garden area on the other hand had some mini activities for smaller kids like toy archery, boating, etc. It's a good place to keep your younger kids busy, if you're bringing them. On the other side of the pool and garden area, you'll find access to the other hotel partners like Banyan Tree (a few high-end villas with their own pool) and Hotel Okura, both more expensive than the Galaxy.

What I love most are the free shuttles which run almost every 10-15 minutes and cover most of the popular areas to visit. Aside from the usual airport and ferry terminals, as well as trips to the other Cotai hotels, it offers shuttle to City of Dreams if you want to watch the shows, the Old Taipa Village nearby, and most importantly, the city of Macau via San Ma Lo, which is just few blocks away from Senado Square.

Rooms are excellent and spacious. They are clean and beds are quite comfortable. All amenities are provided. Part of their promotion is also a complementary mini bar. Aside from 4 bottles of water a day, 4 sodas, 2 beers, 1 small can of pringles and a bowl of instant noodles for the stay. The room I got faces the pool and garden and has a balcony. Unfortunately, the balcony is locked for safety reasons. It would have been perfect to be able to enjoy the balcony and look down at the people enjoying the pool and garden.

Staff were friendly. Lines at check-in were short, the reception desk was fully staffed. However, the reception staff would do with a bit more training. It seems that they have a problem with multi-tasking. My friend and I checked in together since we want to be on the same floor. We had two different bookings for each of us. The reception staff seemed a bit confused and panicky while handling our check-in. She could have easily just process one booking after the other. Instead, she chose to complicate things, which unfortunately she could not handle efficiently. As a result, she was asking me to present a different credit card number than what was indicated in my booking form. And when I double checked, she was quoting some other number, probably from my friend's booking form or just some other number she saw on the form. The whole process also took long, longer than the usual check-in process. With a luxury hotel like this, and the volume of guests coming in and out, I would expect the staff to be fully trained and able to handle the check-in process quite effectively already. While it is not a straightforward check-in, two people in a group wanting to check in together is quite normal, and requests such as being on the same floor should be common. A supervisor was walking around behind the reception staff and looking in and out but was not really hands on in helping out. He basically looked on as his staff acted confused and he did not even coach her. Later we found out, they actually interchanged our rooms. Good thing we requested for the same type of rooms and that we know each other. Otherwise, it would have been haywire at check-out. Would have been a perfect experience if not for this.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear kormensandiego,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed the hotel being new and refreshing. You also mentioned the room was spacious and you found our beds and bedding superb as these are clearly very important factors when selecting a hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience mentioned at the check-in and please be assured that corrective actions will be taken to prevent recurrence. We hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.

Truly yours,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

It is not the first time we are coming to the Galaxy Hotel in Macau. We generally come twice a year. We prefer this hotel to the others because it is a little more cosy. You don't need to cross all the casino floor with your suitcases to go to your room.

Thsi time, we have been invited to an Indian Wedding at the Galaxy Hotel during 4 days.

We would like to congratulate the Hotel Management of the Galaxy Hotel for allowing the event to take place. The food was excellent as usual and their staff very professional.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Thibault M,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are delighted to know that Galaxy Macau is the hotel of your choice. We are also pleased that you were touched by the personalized services offer by our staff members for your friend’s group wedding. I will take pleasure sharing your notes with the related teams and we most truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Galaxy Macau where you are Royalty!
With regards,